User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesmck View Post
But this highly pleasurable edition of Fleetwood Mac is, well, a less interesting edition of Fleetwood Mac. Something intangible is missing in the band chemistry -- a spikiness, a sharpness, an unpredictability, a push-and-pull -- and that, it appears, was Buckingham’s specialty.
that's the thing... Chris left, and they all commented about how something was missing....it wasn't the same blah blah (the band). They figured out how to go on without her, but clearly acknowledged not having her there threw off the balance, both creatively and politically. Funny they wouldn't expect the same with Lindsey gone.....
Old 02-14-2019, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course, Phil is the same person who attacked John when we learned about his cancer. It was hard to say whether it was an honest opinion then or trolling. The timing suggests trolling, when one waits to post at a moment when it will have the most shock value.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
For what it’s worth, Christine has always gushed about whatever she’s currently promoting, while belittling whatever project she’d worked on previously. She’s done it with her pre ‘75 Mac albums, she did it with her solo albums, now she’s seemingly doing it with Buckingham McVie/the Mac Lindsey years. I remember when she denigrated In The Meantime after she rejoined the world, and I was absolutely flabbergasted. I thought that album was the best collection of songs she’d ever released (still do). After all these years, Chris is simply a well oiled PR machine. She’s arguably better at crafting an exacting message & repeating it ad nauseum than any of them. If Lindsey were ever to work with her again, she’d do the same thing- gush over him while discrediting Crowded Heartbreakers. It’s just what she does. You don’t stay in the pop music business 50 years without towing the line. Not that her words here don’t dismay me, but I also know not to take them at face value.
Well this has been an interesting little experiment because I feel the same way, Louie, and it kind of sounds like we're in the minority? Unless she's intending to make a (usually sharp) point, I feel like Chris is always a relatively boring interview, just reading the script, answering the questions the way you'd expect her to. She does her best to promote her thing and NOT make news.

The most disappointing part of the article to me was the fact that, given the chance, she only named Rumours songs as what she wanted her legacy to be. C'mon!

I don't hold anything against folks getting upset about what she said. I think there's a good chance I'm already desensitized to this stuff now, almost a year later. What will ultimately mire my view of her is if, after this tour concludes and Stevie goes on her next solo tour, Chris sits idly by and does nothing until Fleetwood Mac resumes. Not participating in LBCM 2 would be a tragedy.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesmck View Post
Nicks also used the opportunity to send a get-well wish to Buckingham, saying the band’s thoughts were with him during his recovery. “I know he’s going to get better,” Nicks said.
For those interested in witnessing for yourself...

Old 02-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, she should have stayed on Lindsey's side if she wanted to release more new music.
I don’t disagree with you and wished she had. I think she’s now wishing that, too.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So it's looking like from his wife's post, that NO ONE from the band has contacted him since his illness. Of course they do it in front of a crowd to save face, but NOT where it counts. These people are VILE. How could I have been so wrong?
Old 02-14-2019, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Death wishes and name calling are not the same. Not even remotely.

It only shows the true colors of Stevie's fans. But again I wouldn't be surprised if that's Stevie's main goal. To make him die.
I agree, Death wishes are not the same, but I was only referring to his name calling of Lindsey.
I did not know this guy had history of being foul about things in general (especially John)
Maybe I should have looked at his past history......
Old 02-14-2019, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's probably safe to say that Christine's interview took place well before news of Lindsey's surgery broke, otherwise there's no way the interviewer would've missed a chance to bring it up. And if the timing was already confirmed earlier in the thread, my apologies, I missed it.

That said, honest question - is everyone just disappointed that she didn't use this interview as an opportunity to publicly bash Mick & Stevie...? I mean, I'm Team Lindsey in this whole mess too, but reading this didn't suddenly lower my opinion of Chris. It reads like 99% of her interviews over the last 50 yrs: sweet, yet a little innocuous and bland.

Last edited by Neal; 02-14-2019 at 04:32 PM..
Old 02-14-2019, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have my issues with Christine (and the whole band) for carrying on without Lindsey, but not with that interview, which is standard PR fare.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok guys, no further response to the is he dead post. I have deleted some wacky things. We’ve had our say.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
It's probably safe to say that Christine's interview took place well before news of Lindsey's surgery broke, otherwise there's no way the interviewer would've missed a chance to bring it up. And if the timing was already confirmed earlier in the thread, my apologies, I missed it.

That said, honest question - is everyone just disappointed that she didn't use this interview as an opportunity to publicly bash Mick & Stevie...? I mean, I'm Team Lindsey in this whole mess too, but reading this didn't suddenly lower my opinion of Chris. It reads like 99% of her interviews over the last 50 yrs: sweet, yet a little innocuous and bland.
I see what you are saying, and yes, I think you are right.
The part that annoyed me was her gushing about this was the BEST tour ever, the MOST fun they've had on stage, etc etc. That just seemed a little "in your face Lindsey" which I know in my heart she wasn't trying to do, but it just was too much, over the top, gushing when we all feel a bit protective of him now, esp since the health incident.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
For those interested in witnessing for yourself...

Well at least that was nice of her. She sounded decent. It’s something.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Well at least that was nice of her. She sounded decent. It’s something.
Too little, too late. I hope somebody pees in her goat chow.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Too little, too late. I hope somebody pees in her goat chow.
She caused this rift and it is up to her to repair it. Who in their right mind would want to end on a bad a note with someone who could possibly die and somebody you wronged? That karma will eat you alive.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

She is playing the innocent Stevie card here. She sounded decent? Too little too late?

Not in my book. If you throw someone out a window and you ignore their communications for help or explanation, its and outrage you dare say something at a later date if that person almost dies. If you accept this as "decent" or anything else you have been sucked into their world.

The offer was 10 million dollars or Lindsey Buckingham and Legacy. They took the money and ran.

I hope I am not alone but I sort of feel that way on this board. You can take your phony snow covered hills dedication elsewhere.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.