User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Please post what these "reliable people" have said. Where are these quotes? I read through the Rick Turner stuff and there's nothing there. He basically said that he heard from someone that Lindsey was negotiating to do his solo tour alongside the Mac tour. He had no information on whether Lindsey was pushing to delay the Mac tour. If you have any actual evidence, please post it because you all keep referring to evidence that doesn't appear to exist.
Like I've said for the billionth time there was also the BM band member (Federico Poll), Elle posted the comment as well.
And those people said exactly what people like Rick, Federico, that video of Lindsey at the MusiCares event, Lindsey's wife's shady comments would all LATER (note the said this before we got these comments from other people) support directly and or indirectly support-- Lindsey was trying to do two tours which they didn't like so they threw him out.
But I'm done arguing with you, you deny actual facts and presented "evidence" as you like to call it and just say over and over that your claims are true.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Like I've said for the billionth time there was also the BM band member (Federico Poll), Elle posted the comment as well.
And those people said exactly what people like Rick, Federico, that video of Lindsey at the MusiCares event, Lindsey's wife's shady comments would all LATER (note the said this before we got these comments from other people) support directly and or indirectly support-- Lindsey was trying to do two tours which they didn't like so they threw him out.
But I'm done arguing with you, you deny actual facts and presented "evidence" as you like to call it and just say over and over that your claims are true.
I have not seen what Federico said but Rick's comments don't add much. It sounds like we can agree that Lindsey committed to the Mac tour and then decided that he wanted to do a solo tour in parallel with or possibly rescheduling the Mac tour. The band discussed this with Lindsey and Lindsey wouldn't back down so the band fired him.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and the actual interviewer's interpretation (Andy Greene of Rolling Stone) is available for everyone to listen. he clearly doesn't believe the band and is not shy in stating so: https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/rol...=PPY8437307399

there is a reason why all the band defenders are not bringing up this interview or the CBS video.

PS welcome to the board saniette!!
Huh? Andy Greene (from Rolling Stone) clearly reported that Lindsey asked the band to reschedule the tour for a "solid year." That was what the band's camp told him and no one from the Lindsey camp denies that part of the story.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Of course, it's your choice whether to believe anything someone says. By the way, I'm not saying what these two people said is true. All I'm saying is that's what they told me. They could, of course, be under Stevie's spell.
How about this? You are actually acknowledging your sources who you are believing like they are quoting the gospel may be lying. These are also the same people in lindseys organization but may be on Stevie’s side?

Last edited by Storms123; 05-29-2018 at 02:06 PM..
Old 05-29-2018, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
can you clarify on this - where is hypocrisy on Lindsey's side in this firing from FM issue?

obviously as a primarily LB fan, i can be biased and would like to make sure that is the case as little as possible. thanks so much!
Okay hypocrisy maybe the wrong word, just answering a previous comment.
But this board for middle of the fence fan is really tedious.
Some comments are fair but some go on and on and on, you get my drift.
and on and on...
Old 05-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse
I think it's clear that you're not being intellectually honest.

Again ... I'm saying that the current evidence (media outlet reporting is part of this) overwhelmingly supports the band's story. Things could change if Lindsey does offer up his version of the story.

Evidence for:

Dozens of media outlet reports
Band's story
No denial from Lindsey's camp
Rolling stone senior writer report

Evidence against:

The gut feeling of folks on this forum
Evidence for, evaluated:

Dozens of media outlet reports - intellectually dishonest to emphasize number of media reports; either you are choosing to continue to put forward the fallacious argument that the number of reports which present the band's story lends it additional credence, or you are not a very good communications teacher. It's the same as below.

Band's story - I have no problem with you believing this, actually. I don't find it realistic, but you do. Fine. I only have a problem with how agitated you are that other people DON'T buy it.

No [official] denial from Lindsey's camp - Again, I can see why you would cling to this.

Rolling stone senior writer report - this one is just the same as the "band's story" and the "media outlets." There was no new information. It's intellectually dishonest to try to make your reasons look more numerous by reframing them.

So, to sum up:

Evidence for: The band's story, which Lindsey has not directly contradicted with his own story.

Evidence against: the holes in logic, the video of Lindsey after MusiCares, the implication of Lindsey's quasi-statement, the implications of Kristen Buckingham's pointed social media posts, the social media posts by Rick Turner and Frederico Pol. (Someone let me know if I missed anything.)

It's as simple as who you believe, and which makes more sense to you. Take your pick.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-29-2018 at 02:29 PM..
Old 05-29-2018, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
How about this? You are actually acknowledging your sources who you are believing like they are quoting the gospel may be lying. These are also the same people in lindseys organization but may be on Stevie’s side?
I believe the two people I spoke with because I know them and trust them. I don't believe they're lying but, like anything in life, they may have the story wrong. I think it's unlikely but it's possible.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Still want an answer as to how your second or third hand information is better than Rick Turner’s.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-29-2018, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Still want an answer as to how your second or third hand information is better than Rick Turner’s.
Because I actually spoke with them and know who they are and that the information is likely to be reliable. Rick Turner's information doesn't contradict the band's story, by the way. All he said, like Lindsey's wife, is that he believes that Lindsey got a raw deal in being fired. That's a reasonable feeling for someone to have as is the band feeling frustrated that Lindsey wanted to change the schedule to accommodate his solo tour.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Evidence for, evaluated:

Dozens of media outlet reports - intellectually dishonest to emphasize number of media reports; either you are choosing to continue to put forward the fallacious argument that the number of reports which present the band's story lends it additional credence, or you are not a very good communications teacher. It's the same as below.

Band's story - I have no problem with you believing this, actually. I don't find it realistic, but you do. Fine. I only have a problem with how agitated you are that other people DON'T buy it.

No [official] denial from Lindsey's camp - Again, I can see why you would cling to this.

Rolling stone senior writer report - this one is just the same as the "band's story" and the "media outlets." There was no new information. It's intellectually dishonest to try to make your reasons look more numerous by reframing them.

So, to sum up:

Evidence for: The band's story, which Lindsey has not directly contradicted with his own story.

Evidence against: the holes in logic, the video of Lindsey after MusiCares, the implication of Lindsey's quasi-statement, the implications of Kristen Buckingham's pointed social media posts, the social media posts by Rick Turner and Frederico Pol. (Someone let me know if I missed anything.)

It's as simple as who you believe, and which makes more sense to you. Take your pick.
What did Rick and/or Federico say that contradicted the band's story? They believe that Lindsey got a raw deal but what did they say to contradict the band's account?
Old 05-29-2018, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because I actually spoke with them and know who they are and that the information is likely to be reliable. Rick Turner's information doesn't contradict the band's story, by the way. All he said, like Lindsey's wife, is that he believes that Lindsey got a raw deal in being fired. That's a reasonable feeling for someone to have as is the band feeling frustrated that Lindsey wanted to change the schedule to accommodate his solo tour.
You are free to believe that, no matter how nonsensical an allegation that Lindsey demanded that Fleetwood Mac not tour for nearly two years seems to outside observers. Did it even occur to you to question this claim?

Understand that an appeal to anonymous sources that only you have knowledge of is something that no one can objectively trust.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
You are free to believe that, no matter how nonsensical an allegation that Lindsey demanded that Fleetwood Mac not tour for nearly two years seems to outside observers. Did it even occur to you to question this claim?

Understand that an appeal to anonymous sources that only you have knowledge of is something that no one can objectively trust.
Of course, it occurs to me to question any claim that anyone makes including Fleetwood Mac. I would just need to see some real evidence that contradicts the band's story and I have not seen that. I've seen Rick Turner say Lindsey got a raw deal. I've seen Lindsey say the band "lost perspective". I've seen his wife say that Lindsey got a raw deal. None of that contradicts the band's story other than to say that Lindsey's camp believes that firing him wasn't right.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
also note that Andy Greene's report supports band narrative only if you selectively just go by the written article, but not if you listen to his actual commentary of the interview here https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/rol...=PPY8437307399 - his commentary is hilarious and implies band is lying.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2018, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
(Someone let me know if I missed anything.)
Didn’t Jimmy Paxson comment on it, too?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Okay hypocrisy maybe the wrong word, just answering a previous comment.
But this board for middle of the fence fan is really tedious.
Some comments are fair but some go on and on and on, you get my drift.
and on and on...
ok, thanks. i couldn't see any hypocrisy in LB camp either, but like i said, i wanted to make sure since obviously i can be biased.

i hear you on comments going on and on! the same comments, too.

the thing is, sometimes straddling the middle ends up supporting false equivalency. which can happen when you are trying to be neutral, but one side was actually wronged by the other side, and so there may be no neutral position.

that doesn't mean you cannot just chose to disregard all the underlying subtext and take whatever you can from the band and its members, while you still can. all 4 still in the band out of the Rumours 5 are now septuagenarians, and there may not be that much time left to see them anymore. add to that what happened with Tom Petty and Prince, and we may not know whether any of the current Mac members might be doing something similar, in which case age doesn't even matter. time is definitely running out.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"