Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Experiences with band members

Does anyone here have any stories about meeting or seeing the members of the band anywhere in person? I'm not sure Lindsey leaves his house, but does anyone have any interesting stories where you were near them?
Old 06-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Does anyone here have any stories about meeting or seeing the members of the band anywhere in person? I'm not sure Lindsey leaves his house, but does anyone have any interesting stories where you were near them?
ha, i just started similar thread on Lindsey board, stealing the idea from Stevie board - both threads linked here -

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...25#post1185425

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...20#post1185420

Lindsey seems to be out and about a lot, at least when they are touring. many fans have bumped into him on his walks around different cities around the world, and had a chance to chat with him. as far as i know, he has been very open with fans when asked about the new album, tour and solo plans.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've told it before, but I saw Billy Burnette at a restaurant in Nashville. I was trying to snap a pic of him, but it was a little too obvious, so I decided I'd go pee, and then rethink my snap attack on him.

Well WHO walks into the bathroom, and starts peeing at the urinal next to me? Billy! I was too chicken to say anything other than hi.

Bekka - I've seen her play a few times in Nashville. She's as friendly and down to Earth as could be. Completely approachable.

Yeah yeah, I know you probably didn't mean THOSE members, but they were members of FM.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've told it before, but I saw Billy Burnette at a restaurant in Nashville. I was trying to snap a pic of him, but it was a little too obvious, so I decided I'd go pee, and then rethink my snap attack on him.

Well WHO walks into the bathroom, and starts peeing at the urinal next to me? Billy! I was too chicken to say anything other than hi.

Bekka - I've seen her play a few times in Nashville. She's as friendly and down to Earth as could be. Completely approachable.

Yeah yeah, I know you probably didn't mean THOSE members, but they were members of FM.
Some of us don't drink the goat juice.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Some of us don't drink the goat juice.
Goat juice gives me gas. Some love da goat juice. I say that it's b'addddddd!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-08-2016 at 01:01 AM..
Old 06-08-2016, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Went into my local Bristol farms about 8 years back and Mick was at a table hawking his wine. I felt bad because only one person was there. I went and bought a bottle and said something to him. Didn't find him that friendly. Well a couple of weeks later I'm up in the SF valley and go into another Bristol Farms store (one I never go into but was visiting friends and wanted to pick up something) and guess who was there again? yup. I think he saw me and thought I was a stalker. ha.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick may have his faults (and who doesn't?) including what seems like a legendary inability to deal with money very well. I have to wonder how much of it actually gets back to him through wine-bottle and book signing sessions.

My experience meeting Mick (apologies if you've already read it) was very positive. Ask him a question he's not been asked thousands of time before, and he'll engage well with you.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ad.php?t=54571