Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
What happened today? We're all getting closer and closer to the truth!
That can't really be a secret. My eyes are connected to my brain.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I believe LB was trying to rally everyone to make a new album and was using Christine's return (in part) to do it. But, as you are well aware $he has managers and lawyers. "ain't gonna happen"

Linsdey and Christine just can't go around saying it was blocked.
i think so too. Stevie said she'd record if Chris was there. Chris came back. LB must have breathed multiple sighs of relief, thinking ok, now the album is a go. they went to the studio. i think some reported on twitter that Stevie was with them a time or two, also. and then all of the sudden she went to Nashville and some contractual obligation was pulled out of thin air. Mick said in that one q&a that they were hoping she'll be back fast and join them in the studio. she didn't.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think so too. Stevie said she'd record if Chris was there. Chris came back. LB must have breathed multiple sighs of relief, thinking ok, now the album is a go. they went to the studio. i think some reported on twitter that Stevie was with them a time or two, also. and then all of the sudden she went to Nashville and some contractual obligation was pulled out of thin air. Mick said in that one q&a that they were hoping she'll be back fast and join them in the studio. she didn't.
$he was no more getting into that studio with Lindsey than $he was gonna play the piano well. "ain't gonna happen..."
Old 04-23-2018, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On the red carpet for "School of Rock" on Broadway in December 2015....she said FM will record a new album
Her mentionitis is going to get her/them in more trouble on this tour then anything else.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
On the red carpet for "School of Rock" on Broadway in December 2015....she said FM will record a new album
Her mentionitis is going to get her/them in more trouble on this tour then anything else.
I'm hard pressed to decide who is more demented..her or Mick

Old 04-23-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
But, as you are well aware $he has managers and lawyers. "ain't gonna happen"

Linsdey and Christine just can't go around saying it was blocked. You yourself have been preaching about not going against the machine in public.
$he also has Piggy In The Middle trying to appease everyone, but especially her. They didn’t/won’t lay down the law with her the way they did with Christine, and really Lindsey, too. That’s why I was mad last year, and not in the least bit surprised now. Stevie should have been gone by now and the others knee deep in their Aussie tour right now. However, band politics don’t necessarily equate with “the machine.” They could have addressed Stevie’s lack of participation honestly, yet tactfully.

As for going against the machine, what I want to know is what came first: Was he dropped by Azoff and then fired, or the other way around? Because if it’s the former, THAT’S why you never talk down a show.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-23-2018, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ken Caillat, Rumours producer extraordinaire, chimed in on the topic of LB firing while in the middle of talking about some drone today:

Ken Caillat
The way I heard lindsey demanded nobody go on tour and make money but rather wait two years for him to finish a solo album. Stevie said your solo album is not going to sell and I’m not getting any younger if you don’t want to go don’t. Considering they’re all in their 70s now and John may still be fighting cancer, It feels like it might have been a mutually beneficial arrangement for everyone. Stevie was happy to put Mike Campbell to work coming from Tom Petty’s camp. Neil Finn should be very exciting Singing Lindseys vocals.
Maybe it’s a win-win for everyone is Fan’s getting new music and a different tour. Maybe Neil and Mike will be the new spark for the old Fleetwood Mac?

several fans informed him there's a video of LB which directly contradicts the lies somebody must have told Ken. he backed off when directly asked.

so, considering some keep demanding to hear directly from Lindsey what his plans were, our own @frozenlove graciously decided to share a video of Lindsey talking to fans on January 27, 2018, about a week before he was [first?] fired from FM, which makes it very clear what his intentions were, corroborates what Rick Turner said, and completely discredits lies apparently now spread by Ken, and probably others.

1. your album isn't going to sell. Nice. Though of course it fits with her "nobody buys albums anymore"

2. I'm not getting any younger. It's about me, people.

3. Stevie happy to put Mike to work. In her band. Coz it is. Make no mistake.

4. Neill singing Lindsey vocals. Well there's your answer about if they'll do LB songs.

I don't see this as a win-win, but very much as a lose-lose. But whatever.

Seems like she's the one who made the ultimatums-- 1) if you don't want to go, don't go. 2) And then to the band-- it's me or him..... you go with me now, or go with him two years from now (the implication being, without her then coz she ain't getting no younger. Which, to be fair, that part is definitely true for all of them).

I don't see him in that video at all suggesting they should not tour as FM, but that he's holding off the solo album till next year and will put out the best of and do shows essentially in support of THAT in between the Mac shows.

I guess I can imagine him putting out an alternative option of just not touring as FM til he can get all his solo sh&t together but given his demeanor in the vid I can't see him presenting that as a serious option but maybe like half joking "hey, you could wait till I do my solo stuff" you know, like you waited for Stevie to do hers which meant we couldn't do a FM album......

Ken's comments seem to suggest the spin things will take. the line "mutually beneficial arrangement for everyone" i.e. they'd all make money on a big Mac tour and then go do your piddly little solo stuff.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-23-2018 at 10:44 PM..
Old 04-23-2018, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I don't see him in that video at all suggesting they should not tour as FM, but that he's holding off the solo album till next year and will put out the best of and do shows essentially in support of THAT in between the Mac shows.

I guess I can imagine him putting out an alternative option of just not touring as FM til he can get all his solo sh&t together but given his demeanor in the vid I can't see him presenting that as a serious option but maybe like half joking "hey, you could wait till I do my solo stuff" you know, like you waited for Stevie to do hers which meant we couldn't do a FM album......

Ken's comments seem to suggest the spin things will take. the line "mutually beneficial arrangement for everyone" i.e. they'd all make money on a big Mac tour and then go do your piddly little solo stuff.
agree. i think Ken's comments may be the best indication of a story we will hear on Wednesday. but i guess we'll see soon enough!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2018, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
1. your album isn't going to sell. Nice. Though of course it fits with her "nobody buys albums anymore"

2. I'm not getting any younger. It's about me, people.

3. Stevie happy to put Mike to work. In her band. Coz it is. Make no mistake.

4. Neill singing Lindsey vocals. Well there's your answer about if they'll do LB songs.

I don't see this as a win-win, but very much as a lose-lose. But whatever.

Seems like she's the one who made the ultimatums-- 1) if you don't want to go, don't go. 2) And then to the band-- it's me or him..... you go with me now, or go with him two years from now (the implication being, without her then coz she ain't getting no younger. Which, to be fair, that part is definitely true for all of them).

This is all about STEVIE and what she wants. She wanted her little heartbreaker in the band and she got it. I will be giving bad reviews of this concert on every site.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This is all about STEVIE and what she wants. She wanted her little heartbreaker in the band and she got it. I will be giving bad reviews of this concert on every site.
Even before seeing it?

Just saying it could be a great show.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Ken is providing cover for the band. Lindsey and Christine commented on this tour last year. Lindsey even stated it was not the end of FM and there would be other tours (which surprised everyone). Everyone signed on the dotted line per Christine. Does anyone really believe Lindsey asked for 2 years LOL.
Someone needs to use Stevie's language on Stevie and tell her to stop making albums because they don't $ell.
She is still sticking to that false statement. She loves to record solo albums but only has this standard for Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-24-2018 at 05:09 AM..
Old 04-24-2018, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
$he also has Piggy In The Middle trying to appease everyone, but especially her. They didn’t/won’t lay down the law with her the way they did with Christine, and really Lindsey, too. That’s why I was mad last year, and not in the least bit surprised now. Stevie should have been gone by now and the others knee deep in their Aussie tour right now. However, band politics don’t necessarily equate with “the machine.” They could have addressed Stevie’s lack of participation honestly, yet tactfully.

As for going against the machine, what I want to know is what came first: Was he dropped by Azoff and then fired, or the other way around? Because if it’s the former, THAT’S why you never talk down a show.
Was he definitely dropped by Azoff? I didn't see that
Old 04-24-2018, 05:51 AM
StreetAngel86
This message has been deleted by StreetAngel86. Reason: redundant Q
Old 04-24-2018, 06:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a sad season for Mac fans.
I like Stevie as part of the Mac but if what is Rumoured is true, 'him or me' I'd go with 'him'.
Now I understand about the hoopla and the megastardom etc. surrounding this particular Diva, but IMO what Mac was really about, even more than the soap opera, was the MUSIC.
For me anyway, BuckVie was proof that the 4 core musicians of the band could still produce some sparks. At this point, filling a stadium be damned. The legacy in music history is what should matter, not the latest bitchfest, or musical chairs member swapping.

This new lineup jumps the shark for me.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

You know you might be into something re LB statement about the Classic cash grabs. It may have under the surface - hey FM actually have a full New album and we are forced to tour it as half of the band right now while we could have been that rare band at the Classic who is still prolific and performs new music that is just as great as our classics! And maybe that’s where that LA review of classic West was going to - why can’t we hear the new music from the Mac when we know it exists?

Old 04-24-2018, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Ken is providing cover for the band. Lindsey and Christine commented on this tour last year. Lindsey even stated it was not the end of FM and there would be other tours (which surprised everyone). Everyone signed on the dotted line per Christine. Does anyone really believe Lindsey asked for 2 years LOL.
Someone needs to use Stevie's language on Stevie and tell her to stop making albums because they don't $ell.
She is still sticking to that false statement. She loves to record solo albums but only has this standard for Fleetwood Mac.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Ken has anything to do with the band anymore. I think what he was saying was a guess, and not even an educated one. He should probably decline comment at this point.

It's so figures that when we're trying to get information from the actual source that there's a jackhammer going in the background. It's like, what kind of music gods are at work here? I listened to it very closely and what I heard him say was that he kind of confirmed that he wanted to do some solo stuff in between the Fleetwood Mac stuff. That to me pretty much confirms what this whole thing is about - Lindsey wanting to tour solo in between the Mac dates, and the rest of the band not allowing it. Both sides stubbornly stood their ground, resulting in the firing.

Jamie