The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ken hasn't been a member of the band's inside circle for a very long time so he was probably just misinformed.

Lindsey said during the interviews promoting BuckVie that his album was going to be RELEASED this year and that seems to be where the trouble started from (releasing the album/doing solo shows for it), so the idea that he would ask for two whole years just to finish it is ridiculous.

And major props to whoever took that video!
Old 04-23-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
IMO Hold Me worked on B/MCV because of Lindsey. I really don't think they would do anything that would "highlight" Lindsey's absence (except GYOW...which will probably be an epic fail) Don't Stop will probably fall flat too. Angel will be one of those that will miss "Lindsey". I may be in the minority but I thought it (Don't Stop) sounded terrible when they played it when Christine wasn't in the band.
I honestly don't think MC nor Neil Finn will bring the energy the band needs with Lindsey gone. A funeral will probably be more entertaining.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Wow, thanks SteveMacD- that is an incredible video! Mike did a great job on the vocals, but his guitar playing- just, wow!
Old 04-23-2018, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also I have a feeling that the band is going to tell one story, Lindsey is going to tell another story and this thing is gonna get ugly
Old 04-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac, at least that version, died when they decided to credit the album to LBCM.

I guess I saw the writing on the wall last year. There was no way I could see how the LB-SN working relationship could have survived a Fleetwood Mac album not being credited to Fleetwood Mac because of her. The Brits might not have internalized it, but there’s no way Lindsey would ever find that acceptable.

That’s why I’m not even especially upset now. It was already over. It was never going to happen with Stevie AND Lindsey in the same band anymore.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-23-2018, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess I saw the writing on the wall last year. There was no way I could see how the LB-SN working relationship could have survived a Fleetwood Mac album not being credited to Fleetwood Mac because of her. The Brits might not have internalized it, but there’s no way Lindsey would ever find that acceptable.
Totally agree with this. Lindsey probably never got over the fact that it wasn't able to be called a FM album because of her/they couldn't tour with new music and Stevie probably never got over that the album happened to begin with/that everyone knew it would've been a Mac album if not for her/that the title was too close to Buckingham Nicks.
Tensions were probably extra high because of all this and a somewhat simple conflict over tour dates turned ugly.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac, at least that version, died when they decided to credit the album to LBCM.

That’s why I’m not even especially upset now. It was already over. It was never going to happen with Stevie AND Lindsey in the same band anymore.
yet Lindsey went with it. he must be regretting it NOW. you seem to be implying he was regretting it last year?

it does seem that BuckVie working together has always been a point of contention doe SN - since World Turning on. maybe that's why all this fell apart, especially considering Rick mentioned Chris was considering guesting on LB's solo dates?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2018, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Totally agree with this. Lindsey probably never got over the fact that it wasn't able to be called a FM album because of her/they couldn't tour with new music and Stevie probably never got over that the album happened to begin with/that everyone knew it would've been a Mac album if not for her/that the title was too close to Buckingham Nicks.
Tensions were probably extra high because of all this and a somewhat simple conflict over tour dates turned ugly.
now that makes more sense.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also I have a feeling that the band is going to tell one story, Lindsey is going to tell another story and this thing is gonna get ugly
i would be surprised if either Lindsey or the band tells what happened. just remember all the spin about BuckVie never being a FM album to begin with. (although Chris may spill something off the cuff in some interview.)

but Mick will have m&gs and he'll spill something as he usually does. and people may catch LB (like in this video) and he may tell them something. LB is pretty straightforward when not being interviewed / on the record.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
now that makes more sense.
Yeah, I actually just remembered the one interview where Stevie was asked about the Buckingham McVie album and she said something along the lines of "I don't understand why they're doing it". It was a pretty awkward read so I imagine the whole thing never sat well with her.

And it probably never sat well with Lindsey that it was never supposed to be a 'Buckingham McVie' album to begin with.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:

I agree. And I honestly believe that $he was very jealous of BuckVie as much as he was upset that he didn't get his FM album. I believe it was gas on an already hot fire.

And Christine is coming back just trying to re-start her career. So not internalizing may have been a smart move for her.

I honestly believe she was sick of the $N/LB dynamic when she left. (not that it was the main reason she left; but, the politics had to be draining)
Old 04-23-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yet Lindsey went with it. he must be regretting it NOW. you seem to be implying he was regretting it last year?
I’m positive he wasn’t happy about it not being a FM album, but got voted down as to how it was going to be released and promoted. They came up with the “it felt like a duet album” script (odd, since they really didn’t sing together much), and forced him to stick to it.

I mean, we all knew that was a bunch of crap, right?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your post is probably the closest to the truth. Buckingham McVie was not a good experience for Stevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-23-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I’m positive he wasn’t happy about it not being a FM album, but got voted down as to how it was going to be released and promoted. They came up with the “it felt like a duet album” script (odd, since they really didn’t sing together much), and forced him to stick to it.

I mean, we all knew that was a bunch of crap, right?
I believe LB was trying to rally everyone to make a new album and was using Christine's return (in part) to do it. But, as you are well aware $he has managers and lawyers. "ain't gonna happen"

Linsdey and Christine just can't go around saying it was blocked. You yourself have been preaching about not going against the machine in public.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree. And I honestly believe that $he was very jealous of BuckVie as much as he was upset that he didn't get his FM album. I believe it was gas on an already hot fire.

And Christine is coming back just trying to re-start her career. So not internalizing may have been a smart move for her.

I honestly believe she was sick of the $N/LB dynamic when she left. (not that it was the main reason she left; but, the politics had to be draining)
What happened today? We're all getting closer and closer to the truth!