User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2005, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Very true. As Chris said, "He's too bloomin' gifted altogether, that nephew of mine."

It is pretty cool how the whole family seems so musically and artistically inclined.

-Lis
I asked her on the Q&A if there are any other members of the family with a musical or artistic talent. I believe there is another nephew and I wondered if he might have inherited the family's talent(s). We shall see (eventually)

Gail
Old 04-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh

When I "Googled" Dan a few weeks ago details of some gallery or other came up and some of his paintings were for sale at more than £1,000 so I think he probably does OK for himself.

Gail
Does anyone know how much that is in U.S. dollars? I'm not interested in buying any paintings, just curious.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Does anyone know how much that is in U.S. dollars? I'm not interested in buying any paintings, just curious.
I think it's about $1,800 something like that.

Gail
Old 04-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
I think it's about $1,800 something like that.

Gail
$1,800 sounds like a good bit. Also, his wife is an artist too. Between the two of them, they obviously sell enough paintings to make more than a decent living.

I agree with several others here. I don't think I'd want to hang those paintings on the walls of my home, but I think they'd make great album covers.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Okay, I just had a butchers at some of those pictures and, to quote Nigel Tufnel, "excuse me, is this a joke?"

Okay, they're not that bad really. Some of them are quite interesting, but I wouldnt hang them on me wall. I'd rather look at them in the form of a big book full of artwork. That would be the buisness!
Old 04-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Ledgie

Hi people, since I emailed Dan about the goings on at the Christine site concerning the "contest" there has been no response. I tried, I'm sorry there isn't anything else to share.