User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie;1227229[B
]I wish she weren't surrounded by yes people[/B]. I really think that's the end of being real, for many stars. No reality, just a dozen people around them, 24/7, telling them how wonderful they are.

That Karen should take a long walk off a short pier, I tell ya...
Totally agree with this, I think this has been one of the worst things for her. Her entourage themselves have even said that they do what keeps her happy, so I think she just lives in her own little world.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Exactly, it has nothing to do with that at all. For me personally it has been her behavior the last few years specifically. I had been a huge fan up until then...well except her Rock A Little era voice, which was douchechill inducing.
Same here. I used to love her to death up until 10 or so years ago. Her interaction (or lack thereof) with her fans is disgusting. And there are several more reasons including her writing and singing. But yeah, her behavior... it's ALL about HER, she's always a victim, it's always somebody else's fault (especially Lindsey's) and she doesn't take responsibility for anything whatsoever.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-09-2018, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Totally agree with this, I think this has been one of the worst things for her. Her entourage themselves have even said that they do what keeps her happy, so I think she just lives in her own little world.
Yep, and that started way back in the 80's and it continued to grow.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-09-2018, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Same here. I used to love her to death up until 10 or so years ago. Her interaction (or lack thereof) with her fans is disgusting. And there are several more reasons including her writing and singing. But yeah, her behavior... it's ALL about HER, she's always a victim, it's always somebody else's fault (especially Lindsey's) and she doesn't take responsibility for anything whatsoever.
Did Stevie ever interact with fans much to begin with? I don't mean it in a bad way but to me it seems like ever since she got famous she's always been kind to fans in the brief seconds that she'll sign something for them before getting rushed off by her peeps/have a meet and greet to promote something and that's about it. Just hasn't she always been that way? It's not like she's not nice to them, but she just doesn't really open herself much. Maybe she's worried for safety?
Old 05-09-2018, 04:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

^ever heard of a little thing called Edge Walk?
Old 05-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
^ever heard of a little thing called Edge Walk?
has that changed in recent years?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
has that changed in recent years?
Yes it has
24kg which I saw 4 Times, just a whole lotta tambo shaking in our faces as she walked along the perimeter
Old 05-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Yes it has
24kg which I saw 4 Times, just a whole lotta tambo shaking in our faces as she walked along the perimeter
aww I held her hand at an edge walk 10 years ago

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
aww I held her hand at an edge walk 10 years ago
Giving her the benefit of the doubt, perhaps at the Edge of 70 she isn't as flexible anymore and can't bend down as much?

Old 05-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Giving her the benefit of the doubt, perhaps at the Edge of 70 she isn't as flexible anymore and can't bend down as much?
She's not. She always said she would do it until she can't do it anymore and that was in 2011. She mentioned then that her back and knees are really jacked up. I think she's gotten to the point where she can't do the hand shaking anymore.

Jamie
Old 05-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And just because people don't like someone who JUST HAPPENS TO BE A WOMAN, doesn't mean it's misogyny!

Jesus, I'll bet that cross gets mighty heavy after a while.
Yep, I dislike her and I'm a woman (as far as I know ). And I know many women that dislike her, so...

Funny how each of us see a tragedy in different places. I don't see the idea of the tour failing as wanting something bad to happen to them. It's not like we're wanting them to die! Their bank accounts will be a bit thinner. Big deal! It's the same as some fans being happy because Lindsey was fired, right?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 05-09-2018 at 10:15 AM..
Old 05-09-2018, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'll admit that I'm very mad/disappointed in Stevie and I was frustrated with her before this whole thing happened but I can't imagine myself ever actively disliking Stevie. I think she's a good person inherently, her biggest flaw perhaps being her 'diva'/narcissist tendencies, I think she just made a really wrong call with this one, largely due to her grief for Tom. I think she just wanted Mike in the band and would do whatever it took. Same how she wanted Sheryl in the band back in the SYW days so she could have a friend, but x100. After Tom's death she wanted to be as close as possible to the people closest to Tom. Kind of creepily analogous to how she married her best friend's widow shortly after she died. She's human and she doesn't handle grief well.
I still 150% believe when she gets out of this headspace she's going to really, really regret this. I think it might actually break her heart down the line that she let this happen.
I understand where you are coming from and I wish I could see it the same way, I really do. But this is just the final act of the long way downhill of my appreciation for Stevie. The last years weren't easy in this regard and this is the icing on the cake for me. I just can't with her anymore.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 05-09-2018 at 10:17 AM..
Old 05-09-2018, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why does anyone do something over and over again.....because it works.

While there are some critical on here of her attitude, the reality is, there are many who support her and applaud her exactly for that attitude.

She's a soul sister for many that feel they are victims of whatever situation they might be facing. This has emboldened Stevie, and reaffirmed to her that this point of view that has engulfed her life is the correct one.

Stevie (and Lindsey for that matter) lives in a world of Black and White...winners and losers, there is no grey, no inbetween. This is prevelent in lyrics and actions. Life is a scorecard to Stevie, she remembers each talley mark in each collum.

Last edited by ryan4136; 05-09-2018 at 10:22 AM..
Old 05-09-2018, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Yes! ITA. I have still not recovered from my last concert experience with FM, where she suddenly, after half of the gig, lost interest, she was upset about something. She did not even try to appear professional after that. People in the first row were dumbfounded by her attitude. We thought that maybe she was upset because we were cheering at Christine at all times. You could see how the other bandmembers tried to cover up her desinterest, especially Lindsey.

I had payed 300€ for one first row ticket and girlfriend did not even say good night that night. I'm still not over that.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Yes! ITA. I have still not recovered from my last concert experience with FM, where she suddenly, after half of the gig, lost interest, she was upset about something. She did not even try to appear professional after that. People in the first row were dumbfounded by her attitude. We thought that maybe she was upset because we were cheering at Christine at all times. You could see how the other bandmembers tried to cover up her desinterest, especially Lindsey.

I had payed 300€ for one first row ticket and girlfriend did not even say good night that night. I'm still not over that.
Well, at least it wasn't because of Lindsey

This time Lindsey won't be there anymore to cover her up.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.