The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Do you like how Mirage CD sounds?

I have the (american) Mirage CD. I think I bought it circa 1991. But it sounds very low. The sharp sounds are not enough high, and the whole sound is far low from the average volume. I always have to set higher the stereo volume.

Its´ the same with Stand Back from the Enchanted CD. Just with this song. However Stand Back from Timespace (an european cd) sounds very good. It's easy to hear the difference.

I got one of those 80s collection from the "call now" ads. Stand Back is included, and again.. it sounds very low. Exactly like the Enchanted edition.

But it is with Mirage when I can hear the biggest difference. Gypsy, Little Lies, or other songs sound far better in the "Very best" cd or the box sets

Do you have the same perception?
Old 06-25-2004, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
I have the (american) Mirage CD. I think I bought it circa 1991. But it sounds very low. The sharp sounds are not enough high, and the whole sound is far low from the average volume. I always have to set higher the stereo volume.

Its´ the same with Stand Back from the Enchanted CD. Just with this song. However Stand Back from Timespace (an european cd) sounds very good. It's easy to hear the difference.

I got one of those 80s collection from the "call now" ads. Stand Back is included, and again.. it sounds very low. Exactly like the Enchanted edition.

But it is with Mirage when I can hear the biggest difference. Gypsy, Little Lies, or other songs sound far better in the "Very best" cd or the box sets

I don't have Mirage, but I noticed similar things with others. It drives me nuts. Stand back (live) on chain box set is veeery low. The variations bug me. Of course it makes sense that the newest releases should sound better and better. I'm suprised the Enchanted edition is like that (I had enchanted but sold it, havent repurchased) but I remember when i wanted to hear Stand Back, I wouldn't use Enchanted, but Timespace. Anywhoo...
Old 06-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mirage

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Of course it makes sense that the newest releases should sound better and better. ...
Yeah, makes sense. But it's funny I remember I listened Mirage vynil album in 1982 and the sound was awesome, really AWESOME!!!

I remember a friend got it, so I taped Gypsy, Can't go back and Little Lies from the album. Even that old cassette (a chrome TDK) of mine still sounds beautiful and far better than the cd I got years later (of course excluding the usual background tape sound)
Old 06-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Yeah, makes sense. But it's funny I remember I listened Mirage vynil album in 1982 and the sound was awesome, really AWESOME!!!

I remember a friend got it, so I taped Gypsy, Can't go back and Little Lies from the album. Even that old cassette (a chrome TDK) of mine still sounds beautiful and far better than the cd I got years later (of course excluding the usual background tape sound)
Geez, that's just wrooong BTW, I wished you a Happy late birthday in another thread, cause i thought i saw it was your birthday a few days ago?
Old 06-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Yes! Tks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
BTW, I wished you a Happy late birthday in another thread, cause i thought i saw it was your birthday a few days ago?
Thank you !!!!

BTW, tonight is my party, cause you know, monday is not the best day for birthdays...
Old 06-25-2004, 05:45 PM

Mirage should come to life when it's remasterd.

I remember how Hold me used to jump out on the record album. I hope they do that and Tango soon.

Along with BWelch....shall i continue?
Old 06-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you !!!!

BTW, tonight is my party, cause you know, monday is not the best day for birthdays...
Yay! If you want to check the "Producer" thread I was much more effervescent with my wishes. That's great you're having a party, and you have a lot of friends n' stuff. Yeah, Monday does suck. Mine is Wed. coming up. I'm just taking a long fourth weekend, and will have to celebrate then. Do you like being a Cancer? or you don't care?
Amber
Old 06-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The sound on the 'Mirage' CD is atrocious.

That album is in dire need of remastering... and SOON.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Big Mistake!!!!!!

Quote:

I meant HOLD ME ( I think I made this mistake twice!!!)
Old 06-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I meant HOLD ME ( I think I made this mistake twice!!!)
I was wondering about that...

As for Mirage, well I havent heard it on vinyl, so I dunno. I cant compare them. Perhaps I should get a vinyl copy off ebay...