User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
That is so true. I find it interesting that though you have a big family, you really only claim a few to be close to. But like I said before, how could you keep track of that if you never grew up with them? And there are so many?
Oh so many. I don't even know all their names. One of my uncles committed suicide when I was 5 or 6 years old, but I never knew him, because he was a drunk, and my dad didn't really want us to hang around him. He had 4 kids though, had never met them, never knew their names, but recently his oldest daughter contacted me over the internet. Turns out she lives 4 streets down from where we live. I've seen her at the supermarket a few times, that's how I recognized her when I saw the picture in her profile.

Quote:
I find it interesting how everyone has disowned their mom, also. JK.
Everyone has disowned my mother. Even my brothers are starting to at this point. They're only 9 and 12, so I guess they're too young to really understand what's going on or what kind of person she really is, but she and her husband recently got divorced, and they want to live with their father. The oldest is over 12, so he gets to choose, but the youngest will have to stay with my mother for the time being. It's a horrible custody battle at the moment, for which I will have to appear in court soon.

Quote:
Do you guys have special holiday traditions and get togethers? Special food?
Thanks for telling me all about your family. I can imagine if I knew you in person there would be tons of stories...
We always get together for the holidays. It's always this little small group of people, and I love it. My youngest sister lives with a foster family, seeing our mom died two years ago and my dad was in no position to take her in at that point, so we have a bit more scheduling to suffer through to make sure she can make the trip down here. She never celebrates the holidays with her foster family, so you can imagine how close they all are. We've had this tradition for years, where we each draw up a name and then have to make that person something special. Then on Christmas Eve we have a biiiiig fondue, after which we open the presents/special gifts.

Next weekend all seven of us are going to a cabin in the Belgian woods. If you guys don't hear from me that following Monday... I will have been eaten by the Blair Witch.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Normally I wouldn't have responded to this, even though I would have thought they were so cute, I've said that before.
But here, now, it really trips me out how much they look alike!
Those "dad" genes were strong, I guess. That is the most beautiful photo, I tell you what. It's like the most perfect "sister" photo. Um, don't tell anyone, but it was heartwarming to me. It's cool also that your blood daughter looks a lot like her dad, and the sister does too, and they are gorgeous, but you, who your blood daughter doesn't look as much like (at least not in a photo to my judgment) are gorgeous as well!!!
You are building the foundation for a great family, for years to come. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Amber. Those dad genes are strong! haha! What we all could have missed out on in our lives... I'm so glad we're all together now. Sara looks nothing like me, but thank God she has my nose and my cute little butt. Because Jason had a big ol' nose, and no butt what-so-ever. Those girls do look a lot alike, and even more so in person, because they're body shape is identical: broad shouldered and very angular.
Those girls are the be-all-and-end-all to me.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I find it interesting how everyone has disowned their mom, also. JK. ...
Not me, thank God. Although we werent on the best of terms for a good 5 or 6 years. Thank goodness I just got over it, and we healed the past by "having it out" with one another.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Further proof some of you dont understand me at all. I'm the least judgemental person in the world.
Oh woe is me.

Family breakdown:

Mom's side -- Italian. Sane.

Dad's side -- Scottish. Insane.

Guess who I like more?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Oh so many. I don't even know all their names. One of my uncles committed suicide when I was 5 or 6 years old, but I never knew him, because he was a drunk, and my dad didn't really want us to hang around him. He had 4 kids though, had never met them, never knew their names, but recently his oldest daughter contacted me over the internet. Turns out she lives 4 streets down from where we live. I've seen her at the supermarket a few times, that's how I recognized her when I saw the picture in her profile.

Everyone has disowned my mother. Even my brothers are starting to at this point. They're only 9 and 12, so I guess they're too young to really understand what's going on or what kind of person she really is, but she and her husband recently got divorced, and they want to live with their father. The oldest is over 12, so he gets to choose, but the youngest will have to stay with my mother for the time being. It's a horrible custody battle at the moment, for which I will have to appear in court soon.

We always get together for the holidays. It's always this little small group of people, and I love it. My youngest sister lives with a foster family, seeing our mom died two years ago and my dad was in no position to take her in at that point, so we have a bit more scheduling to suffer through to make sure she can make the trip down here. She never celebrates the holidays with her foster family, so you can imagine how close they all are. We've had this tradition for years, where we each draw up a name and then have to make that person something special. Then on Christmas Eve we have a biiiiig fondue, after which we open the presents/special gifts.

Next weekend all seven of us are going to a cabin in the Belgian woods. If you guys don't hear from me that following Monday... I will have been eaten by the Blair Witch.
Wow, this is incredibly complex. Yet despite all the family drama and effluvia, you manage to have great holidays/traditions. I kind of don't understand the part where everyone is disowning your mother, but then the next paragraph says that your mother is dead? You said "our mom" so I'm thinking your real mom is dead, but then the paragraph before makes me think she is not dead because her young sons are disowning her. I'm thinking one is your biological mom, and one is your stepmom, the mom of your sister, and I just can't tell which is which.
It's really cool to have your sister who is foster join you. Too bad she has to be "foster" the rest of the time.
Although that reminds me of a weird thing in my family where my mom just met the sister that was adopted out that she never knew about. Said sister had a way better life, yet lots of the same interests as my mom, in a way. Also adopted sister ended up living in the part of California where my dad is from, and where my mom met my dad, by moving to that place. Which is a place no one would really move to. Totally remote Sierra Valley small towns, small like...really small. Like 500 people. And my mom is from a city, Stockton. I just thought it was weird that my mom met my dad in the same place that adopted sister chose to live in.
Anyway, adoption can work, I guess. Said sister is blond (weird!!!) married okay, kids are in college which parents paid for, are successful, they have some kind of property ranch thing where they take care of something (horses?) and this adopted out sister just generally has a way better life then those who were not adopted out. Sucks for my mom and uncle and aunt, but, you know, good for adopted sibling. My mom is kind of bitter, always wished she had been adopted out, but...too bad. I remember wishing the same thing. lol.
[B]
Also cool is your uncle's daughter contacting you. That is kind of crazy she lives so close. I hope you guys get along and stuff, that would be fun. I think it is good that your father had the presence of mind to not expose you to bad drunk uncles, as well. Kudos to him.

My mom wouldn't let anyone who had drank in our house, ever, and didn't drink herself (lots before I was born, never after). And called every other relative that drank an alcoholic. She didn't let my dad move in with us until he stopped drinking. If he came to visit me, and was drunk, she wouldn't let him in and might call the cops.
It sounds kind of strict, but I think it is good. Cause my dad just came back the next day when he wasn't drunk. And, of course, when he came to live with us he stopped being an alcoholic, stopped drinking. I was 9. Kids don't need to see drunk relatives acting stupid. And my dad is super awesome as a sober man.

So...um...your big holiday meal is fondue? Anything else? I know northern and mid Europe is all about cheese, but that can't be all....

The big triumph in my family is gravy, and stuffing. Neither seems incredibly hard to me, but I remember BIG discussions about how the gravy turned out, and a few about the stuffing. But like, we had to talk about the gravy for my grandma the cook to feel really, really accomplished. I suppose gravy is in shortest supply at the meal, since it is based on bird juice. It also makes everything you put it on taste better. So, due to its high demand and short quantity, I guess gravy is the "diamonds" of holiday meals. There really isn't ever enough gravy to go around for all the leftovers and stuff.

Oh, I also like your think of drawing one name and making something special. Do you really just make things? You don't buy them? Are they things, or food, or what? It sounds lovely.

I've been to a yankee gift swap holiday party before, where everyone brings some thing they had in their house (I got ben wah balls from it, very pretty), and then there is some kind of hat picking, and everyone picks whether they want the thing the person they picked from the hat brought, or another thing they can offer to trade with some other person who already got their hand me down gift, or just keep their own thing. I think that is mostly how it was, I forget the total specifics. Some New Englandy type tradition. Weird East Coasters!!! No, it was great.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi you guys...

I know a lot of you might know me. Maybe not. I recognize some from 7W.

Anyway...I'd really like to tell my family story a little bit but, not now. Not that I don't want to I'm focused on my sister that passed away not too long ago. I recently commented on this a little bit in the "Sandy Stewart" thread. It is a little bit sad but, she changed my life and it certainly confirms my belief that we are all sent here on a mission and we don't leave until the mission is accomplished. I'm not going to get into religon or into a lot of my faith issues. Maybe just a touch on faith and heaven. I can be long winded so I'm going to try really hard to make this story very brief. I really want to share this with anyone that cares to read.

Today was a day of memory and celebration.

I had a "disabled" sister that passed a way not too long ago. She wasn't supposed to even reach puberty but, Patty was stonger, smarter and wiser than I'll ever hope to be. Patty couldn't talk much. She couldn't walk. She needed constant care...she couldn't just go get an ice cream or download a bootleg. She never had a date...although she was very attracted to men. She could never get the hottest haircut or neatest pair of shoes because...her hair was kept short for caretaking needs and she couldn't go to Filene's Basement to get a great deal on shoes. She was so "disabled" that she was very limited in what she was "physically" able to do.

We all grew up with Patty at home and she was just our sister. We always knew her the way she was so...it was not like she had a bad car wreck or something and she was now different. We just took for granted, like most of us do, that she was just our sister...how little we knew.

As we got older Patty ran into respratory problems requiring a breathing tube and a feeding tube implanted into her throat. She lived less than 10 minutes from me in a facility that is now closing due to State and Federal cutbacks. My sister died just before turning 40. She would not have lived without her caretakers in that facility. Especially one lady that dedicated almost 15 years to my sister. She misses my sister terribly. As do I.

My sister's favorite holiday was thanksgiving. In the residence where she lived her caretaker and staff would always prepare a thankgiving dinner in their bungalow for the patients and staff. Although my sister couldn't mash the potatoes or season the gravy, she was the boss on this day. It was her special day when she felt SO important. She would sit in a specially designed chair where she could sort of sit upright (built by my grandfather...a Carpenter off the boat from Scotland) and communicate to everyone through eye movements, wild erratic hand gestures, and by kicking her feet on this special chair. Everyone asked her what to do and if it wasn't to her liking...she let it be known. Everyone in my sister's very small world knew her very well...and knew her communication methods...and they knew when she meant business. Anyway, in honor of my sister Patty, my sister Cathi (a 12 year politician in one of the cities near me that quit politics when she finally realized how corrupt it is...how many scams go on...and where state and federal money really goes...etc...) and her politician friends (good ones) gather together and fund a really big Thanksgiving dinner for the remaining patients and staff and families etc... My sister's picture is set up on a little table and everybody floods in for the buffet. I knew she was there today with us...having a ball and laughing her ass of at me skidding accross the floor on spilt cranberry jel and crashing in to the dessert buffett table (yes, I'm as graceful as a ballerina wearing lead boots).

My sister fought her way back to life so many times that there is no way I don't believe in miracles. I can't count how many times I was called to "prepare for the worst" only for my sister to have a complete recovery the next day. She was pushing and fighting for her life in her little "disabled" body everyday...but,for what reason?

One day I was called at work by my sister Cathi and she said, we have to go to Patti's...it's almost time. I work for an airline and it's really hard for people to reach me so, I should have realized the seriousness of her infection this time. I just took for granted that Patti struggled for life and just figured she'd be fine in a couple of days. My sister picked me up at the airport and we drove to her little bungalow on the grounds of the facility. It was pretty late at night near the end of summer and all was so quiet. My sister had a very pink girly room decorated with pink ribbons, purple curtains, hearts and...well you get it...a little girls room. The nurse whispered to us that she's comfortable and pulled my sister aside and motioned for me to go in. I did. I could hear her little tiny rock waterfall running...the hum of her occilating fan...and the sound of her breathing machine. She didn't waken or even stirr. I was cracking my wiseass jokes to her (she loved it when I would cuss...and tell her she had a fat ass, even though she didn't) and I was feeling her forehead, hands and cheeks with little touches that she loved. I was Patti's favorite and she was mine...I think I forgot to mention that. I spent time whispering to her that I loved her and gossiping about the staff and movie stars and stuff. When I returned to my other sister and the nurse I was told to "prepare for the worst" again. I just took for granted that when the sun comes up and it was time for her lilac bath she'd be just fine again. I was made aware of the DNR paperwork but, I really didn't think anything was all that serious. My sister drove me home and I chatted with her about nothing much.

The next morning before I even woke for work my phone was ringing. The doctor called and said, "you'd better come right away." I don't know if it's a protection thing I have or, the fact that I was focusing on how crappy things were in my life at that time or, just refusing to believe that my sister would be leaving earthly bonds soon or whatever because, I didn't freak, panic, get sad or run out my door screaming. I just pulled on a t shirt and jeans, brushed my teeth and dabbed a little lemon-patchoulli on my neck and I got in my car and took the 10 minute drive to Patti's. To my sister that I always took for granted that she was going to always be ok.

My various family members and friends came and went all day from my sister's bungalow. People came from everywhere. I had NO idea how many people's lives my sister touched. I had NO idea how loved she was. I had NO idea what I was in store for that day. NO idea.

I stayed by Patti's bed all day long in her room crowded with people coming and going all day. I took tiny breaks for a smoke or a sip of coffee but, I basically knew I needed to be caressing Patti's hand at all times...or smoothing her forehead...or whispering in her ear gossip about how I thought the cute doctor was having an affair with the girl from the medical files department (whom by the way came too).

I took a 10 minute break to make some important calls. I called my shrink...he was there for me if I needed him. I called out of work. The important call that I urgently needed to make was last. I didn't even know her number. I hadn't talked to her in a couple of years actually. I, at that point, didn't know why it was urgent that I get in touch with her. I somehow got her number and had her on the phone in about 50 seconds. My friend Esther from California. My friend Esther is an older black lady from the south. She is my spiritual mentor. She is amazing. I breifly told her what was going on...and she said hold on I'm coming to you. I was kind of like what...? (she was on the West Coast and I'm on the East) I heard her take a deep breath and I was just about to say, "uuuh...I'll call you back..." She spoke then. She said ok I'm here with you. You're sister room is so cute...it's all pink and has purple curtains...there is soft piano music playing...the tall doctor is here...there's your Ma...etc. Time just stopped for me. She then took a gasp and I asked her if she was ok. She said, she was fine but, she'd never seen anything like this. First of all I was freaked that she described the place to a T. I was freaked that she described every minute detail of the situation to me. What almost made me faint and drop the phone and race back to my sister's side was what she last told me. "I've never seen anything like this...the room is crowded and lots and lots of people are coming and going but, what amazes me is that the room is so jammed with angels that it was hard to see one from the other...everyone in that room has at least 1 angel. The doctor has 2. Your sister has many but, many are just there sent to wait for her to 'finish up'...BUT...it's you outside the side door smoking is what I'm shocked about. YOU have many, many personal angels...always there with you...holding you up...making sure your safe...etc..." She told me that she's never witnessed a single soul on the planet that is completly surrounded at all times by so many angels. She told me something about dark periods in my life and blah, blah, blah...but she's NEVER going to worry about me...I'll always be fine. She then said I'm leaving there...and that your sister needs you right away. Then, I ran to her side like a drama queen, pushing my way past people and right to her side. I said in a loud voice, "someone open the window"...and they did. I asked every body to stand really close...(I was being looked at a little strangely by some of the people) The next thing is Patti's caretaker and best friend said to me...Oh my god Patti smells just like you. I looked at her like, "whaa?" (maybe the patchoulli lemon?) I put my right arm underneath and around my sister's shoulder...my other sister Cathi was on the left side of the bed with Patti's caretaker/best friend...my mom was right behind me...my brother in law was at the foot of the bed with my brother Deano. The room was jammed. I put my cheek next to my sisters...the room was in prayer...I was whispering in my sister's left ear...caressing her left palm...and I was telling her that hey...we're all here Patti...and that I was giving her kisses from Nana who was too sick to make it to her...I was giving kisses from Aunt Joan that was far away in Seattle...I told her not to worry about us...that we'll always be together etc...A staff member(oddly enough a Southern woman that wore her hair just like my friend Esther) said aloud, " Patti, what are you hanging around for, honey?" My brother in law (a fireman) said her resperations are at zero or something like that...one of the doctors listened to hear heart and said, "she's still here..." I then whispered in her ear a wish of love and thanks and a little bit of what my friend told me on the phone...I told her I was going to be just fine...and she doesn't have to worry about me anymore (I don't know what prompted me to say that...) Time DID stand still...a tiny hint of a breeze escaped from my sister's lips...I swear I felt the massive energy of great movement whisk through me and out the window for about 15 seconds...then I said, "I think she's gone...she's gone." It was really, really quiet. The doctor listened to her heart and checked her vitals and confirmed that Patti had "died".

Then there was one more weird thing that I forgot to mention. All day long, while we all hung out, while all the people were coming and going...there was a little chipmunk or a baby squirrel in my sister's window scratching at the screen. Even when I had them open the window and the screen he was on the top part of the screeen...scratching away all day long. I don't know what made me think about it at that point but, he was gone...the scratching stopped...Then little by little sounds came back. I could hear her little waterfall...I could hear her piano music (by the way her favorite piano piece is called "Winterlight" and Linda Ronstadt did a song for it) on loop all day again...I could sense movement...then I heard the sobs. Even the big cute doctor was in tears.

I gave my sister's forehead a little kiss. I was calm as hell.

I walked out just in time to run into my drunk father...just showing up. I told him what he missed.

My sister in law was out in front and wanted to go in...so I took my neice and someone else's kid...I don't remember...and we were blowing bubbles and playing.

I stayed out of the drama and chaos going on in the room with my father and his crap...and preperation of my sister's "body". blah blah blah.

Patti's mission was finally complete here. Her job was over and she had to get home. She waited until she was sure things were going to be cool here.
That we were all going to be alright. That "I" was going to be alright.

I'm so sorry for making this into a LONG depressing story but, I'm going to sum it all up now in a few more sentences.

Remember how I said the bit about everyone having a mission here? Patti was the wisest person I'll ever, ever know. Her body limited her physically but, her very being moved great, great things bigger than mountains. My family was extremely torn up. We had your more than average dyfunctional family thing going on. My dad was on his...I don't know what marriage that one was...he was an addict. My sister Cathi was estranged from my mom and one of my brother's, my grandmother and myself. This one hated that one because that one hated this one and on and on. Patti stitched the family back together that day. She taught us a lot of things. And set a great example. This is what I learned. You should have no limits on love...the capacity of love...or the willingness of love. Things aren't always what they seem. People are not always what you make them out to be. You have chocies in life over being happy or miserable. My sister was labeled "disabled" but, she was not. In fact when people bring her up and say things like, "the poor things was so..." I kindly but firmly reply that she was the happiest person I'll ever know and that her quality of life was so much greater than anything many of us we'll ever know. My sister could have spent her time here being in a very miserable state of being. She chose smiles and laughter. She chose not to hide the fact that she was VERY happy to see you. She chose not to harbour ill feelings about what she couldn't do...She chose not to feel jealous. She made her choices with the hand she was dealt...I believe she was given her mission before coming here and carried it out very well. This tiny, disabled person held the capacity to do things I could never do...even if I went to school and studied my whole life. She just held wisdom. Her courage was like that of something that could never be summoned by me. Her demons were that of immense physical pain. She chose joy through her pains. She didn't get a degree, have sex, or even have the horrible task of paying bills and writing checks.

Yet, she fought hard for every day to live just to be with the people she loved.

Yeah, I have my ups and downs like everybody else. I'm late for work sometimes or I cuss out a friend for thinking they've dissed me. I've hurt people's feelings. BUT...I never take anything for granted anymore. I, and a lot of us have so many more "gifts" and "abilties" that we'll never realize or be able to tap into. I cherish my loved ones, my planet, my abilities and I cherish that day when I was able to be there for my sister's last breath. I don't think I'll ever bear witness to something as awesome as that day ever again. I'll never forget what I've learned from my sister. I'm so thankful of what I have and what I don't have. I'm open to learning new things. And the most important thing is that I've realized that my sister, you, my partner and even my nasty boss at my first job that fired me...is perfect. In everyway. You ask me about perfection in some people? What purpose could some possibly serve but evil and hatred? I'm not sure but, I think it's all about balance. That they were sent here for some reason too. For some mission.

If you don't like this story I hope you didn't read down to this line. If you want to comment that's cool. If you don't that's cool too. Just please, if you're going to say something nasty...you have the right. I just hope you don't do it today.

I really believe that I was "touched by an angel".

Jim

PS...I'm really sorry about this long, long supposedly going to be a quick story. I get carried away on this subject. I just wanted to let you know 1 more thing. Patti was my 1/2 sister. I never knew or saw her real mom. She was from my dad's first marriage. Her mother died in childbirth. Something really bad happened to me not long after she passed. I was on my way for a few seconds. I DID see my sister again. She looked differnetly. Remember how I said her hair was kept really short and her body was mis-shapen? I was...for what seemed like a few minutes was looking up caught up in some kind of breeze and I was standing in front of my sister and a woman was standing behind her. Patti's hair was really long and caught up in the breeze...the woman behind her looked oddly like my other 1/2 brother David. They were both smiling at me...and it's hard to describe...kind of sparkly...then the wind was strong and I felt a really hard jolt. Like a massive snap or something.

And I heard the doctor say, "he's back..." I'm not going to elaborate on this one but, I will say this. "I" know that this time here isn't the end and that true, real love...never, ever dies.

Some time later I was shown some pictures of my sister's real mom.

That woman standing behind my sister smiling was Patti's mother. They are together again.

I feel my mission is not finished here. I believe Patti brought her mom with her for me to see them together.

I believe Patti flung me back to my loved ones. To someone that needed me...or may need me someday.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ Thanks for sharing this... I have no real words at this point except for thanks...
Old 11-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SaidSomething- thank you for sharing this story with us. It puts things in perspective for me and hopefully does for others as well.

"I" know that this time here isn't the end and that true, real love...never, ever dies.

I believe this too. Thank you again.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting your Story SaidSomething.

It reaffirms my belief in the spirit world and my wonder of it.

My father-in-law passed away the 27th of October. He lingered for about 3-4 days and told how he was suspended between two worlds and he really liked the other side. He found an indescribible (sp) peace and told us excitedly about it.

He told us about the conversations he was having with people from the other side and how he hated to leave us....that he was torn...but...he really, really liked the other place.

Your account of Esther resembles the account from Ed Morrell and his book (from the early 1900's) called the Twenty-fifth Man. He was in prison but could power his mind to leave his body. He described in detail what he saw and experienced...and said that anybody could do it.

With your posting of Patti's story, you and she have touched more lives, and your message of living life and paying attention to all creatures great and small has been heard.

Bravo.

Last edited by Betsy; 11-21-2007 at 12:37 AM..
Old 11-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh. Em. Gee. And suddenly we are presented with the perfect family.
Nice, very nice. You look wholesome and alike, there are lots of cool family members, but not too many (thanks to your mom's parents forsight).
Excellent. You all look great in the pic. And oddly alike.
I submit that you have just enough relatives for good choice, and to keep a bit in touch, and to have some real close ones, but not so many that you lose track of a lot of them. There is a great mix of kids and adults, as well.
Sounds like you guys also have great, naturey places to hang out and have fun as well.
It sounds almost perfect, all and all. Especially when you said "I live 10 minutes from my parents!!!"
I see my parents once or twice a year. I really like them, they are soooo cool, very admirable - but I wouldn't want to really hang around them a lot. Or, rather, I got my fill while growing up. They are more abstractly great then great in person.
Thanks for sharing, you guys look awesome. I'm a bit dismayed at all the pale skin and blond hair, so I'm just going to say - tell these people to wear sunscreen, and also tell them that there is a new innovation in sunscreen, and that is sunscreen with Mexoryl. MEXORYL. Do it. Tell them. That is too much paleness for me to be comfortable.
Thanks for the nice words, Amber.
We are far from being perfect, but we are a close knit family. My brother and sister have raised their kids to be very cool, very informed children. I treasure the time that the kids get to spend with "Uncle Goose" (my nickname since my first name is Bruce) throughout the year.

Aside from the one year that I went to college in Austin, I haven't lived farther than 10 miles from my parents. I cant imagine being too far from them. I dont see them every day or even every week (at times), but I like to stay close to them. I talk to them daily,though.
I know that I am in the minority here, but I adore my parents and love to spend any amount of time that I can with them. They are one of my favorite parts about being alive.

Thanks for the MEXORYL info. I will pass it on to my dermatologist (the incredible Susan Mahler) when I see her in 2 weeks.

rbs

Last edited by rbs3676; 11-20-2007 at 10:44 PM..
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi again, everybody...

I just want to thank you for reading the bit (the "quite a bit") about my sister and for getting to know me a little bit. I really appreciate the things you've had to say. I'm glad to be here among you guys. I DID join a long time ago but, never got activated. I re-applied a few months back and my sign up was completed recently. I've been reading here for a long time...I feel like I know a lot of you already even though I was just a "lurker".

I also am glad to read your family stories and to be allowed a peek into your lives.

I hope you all have a Happy Thankgiving. Drop by the airport...I have to work. haha. My Tom will be having dinner with my family but he's going to hang out with me at work in the afternoon. How great is he? I'm lucky.
I'm praying for a quiet operation but, wicked weather is due. Oh well...at least at the end of my shift I'll be going home to leftovers.

Take good care.
Jim
Old 11-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Hey Jim---

Just one more thought. I liked the part about there being a guardian angel with each person in the room.

Years ago, my minister described the same thing.

When he does hospital visits with people who are dying, he feels the prescence of many angels and feels that the room gets awfully crowded. A medium/spiritualist told me the same thing in August at a seminar in Denver.

I really liked how you told your story and it has made me think about you and your sister for the past couple days. Very moving.

Last edited by Betsy; 11-21-2007 at 12:38 AM..
Old 11-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
^^^

Hey Jim---

Just one more thought. I liked the part about there being a guardian angel with each person in the room.

Years ago, my minister described the same thing.

When he does hospital visits with people who are dying, he feels the prescence of many angels and feels that the room gets awfully crowded. A medium/spiritualist told me the same thing in August at a seminar in Denver.

I really liked how you told your story and it has made me think about you and your sister for the past couple days. Very moving.
Betsy...

Thank you so much for your replies. I don't talk about this much because, some people don't know how to take it. Thank you for sharing your similar beliefs and sharing how you've heard of similar experiences from people you must hold in high regard...like your minister.

It's kind of like you're backing me up and saying, "hey, I've heard of this and Jim's not a whackjob..." haha I know that sounds weird but, do you know what I mean? I can be very outspoken about my passions...or when I see an injustice...or when I see someone kicking somebody just because they are a bully and think they can.

Thank you again.
Jim
Old 11-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Jim, I found your story very moving and want to thank you for sharing this with us. The way you described the passing of your sister strongly reminded me of a book i read a few weeks ago : The Lovely Bones ( the book was discussed in a thread here on the Ledge). Even though i'm not a religious person (i'm an atheist) i do believe there are things we know little or nothing about and i also want to believe death is not the end.
So, for me , your story has affirmed that belief.
Thank you again,
Suzy

Life is like a box of chocolates : full of nuts
Old 11-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Thanks for posting your Story SaidSomething.

It reaffirms my belief in the spirit world and my wonder of it.

My father-in-law passed away the 27th of October. He lingered for about 3-4 days and told how he was suspended between two worlds and he really liked the other side. He found an indescribible (sp) peace and told us excitedly about it.

He told us about the conversations he was having with people from the other side and how he hated to leave us....that he was torn...but...he really, really liked the other place.

Your account of Esther resembles the account from Ed Morrell and his book (from the early 1900's) called the Twenty-fifth Man. He was in prison but could power his mind to leave his body. He described in detail what he saw and experienced...and said that anybody could do it.

With your posting of Patti's story, you and she have touched more lives, and your message of living life and paying attention to all creatures great and small has been heard.

Bravo.
My father was not a religious man. I think you could say he was a Christian, in a general sense. He never went to church when I was growing up, ever. I never heard him say a prayer even.

At any rate, i think a pastor visited him while he was in hospice in the summer of 2006. No one really knows for sure. I think my father had just been beaten down so much by the cancer, he was a shell of who he used to be. The last time I saw him, 2 months before he died, I didnt recognize him.

Since his death my brother and I, and my sister, have all had varying dreams about him. My sister Megan(who is also very anti-church/God/whatever you wanna call it) cried one day on the phone describing a dream she had.

Megan said in the dream Dad was home all of sudden, and she grabbed hold of him to hug him and he started laughing. Megan was crying and Dad kept laughing and she said "Whats so funny?" Dad looked at her and said "I felt the same way when I saw the Lord. When I saw him, I didnt wanna hug him, but when I did I didnt want to let go."

Now, knowing the kind of man my father was...thats a strange thing for him to say...he never would've said that in life. My sister was so broken up about it...but she said he just smiled in the dream like she'd never seen him smile before.