The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Fleetwood Mac in Australia 2009???

This was in The West Australian newspaper today (6th May 2009):

"A bidding war has erupted as top Australian promoters jostle to bring legendary rock group Fleetwood Mac to Australia next summer. The band, without singer and keyboard player Christine McVie, played two sell-out shows at the WACA Ground in 2004, with singer Stevie Nicks returning for a solo gig alongside John Farnham at the same venue two years later. The first Mac attack at the WACA sold out within hours, so the promoters are super keen to land what is rumoured to be Fleetwood Mac's farewell world tour before they go their own way, again. A source told The West that we could expect to see Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie here in December or January."

So I'm excited!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They need to do Europe first!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah shizzle! I was hoping for some October dates in Australia/Asia to coincide with my trip.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
They need to do Europe first!
Well if they are talking about Australia at the end of the year then I guess Europe would be before that?

I only hope they come to Perth, we often miss out because we are so far from all the other Australian cities...
Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok. This is great news.

Over here though we usually hear about tours and dates for huge bands like FM at least 3/4 months in advance (except for festivals and such, but the Mac have made their position on those very clear, at least for 09 anyway.:P) So, If they're gonna do Australia AFTER Europe, then wouldnt they wanna be finished up in Europe in like, November? So shouldnt we hear dates, ticket prices, etc. like... NOW? or at least before May is out.

I'm gonna be super pissed if this European leg is badly handled...

Even If
I Never
Hold You..
Again..
Old 05-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

If the info is correct than Australia will come after Europe.
I think they will do Europe in September Oktober and after a few weeks time off move on to Australia. If FM will do Europe in these months than i think we will have new dates and info in June!! Anayone else???
Old 05-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm so they are touring, i got an email from some Aussie fans saying it was declared two days ago, though i couldn't find anything on a google search... let me try today.... nope cant find anything
Old 05-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is AWESOME news !!!!! I hope that the Europe dates will be announced soon 'cause I'm almost sure that if they do Australia then they have to do Europe

Old 08-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Sunday Star Times

Fleetwood Mac latest to bowl up to New Plymouth

By Grant Smithies

Stevie Nicks is sitting in her living room in Santa Monica, dreaming of Taranaki.
"Oh, I loved it there, I really did" she says, recalling her solo show in New Plymouth in 2006. "So I can't wait to get back there so I can show the rest of the band around and they can see how beautiful it is."
The band is Fleetwood Mac, who are returning to New Zealand for the first time in nearly 30 years, to play a single New Zealand show at New Plymouth's Bowl of Brooklands in December.
Nicks is speaking during a break in the American leg of the tour. "The schedule is horrific to be honest with you. We've done 53 shows, with very few days off. At one point Mick Fleetwood said "Dah-ling! Have you noticed we never have two days off? I can't even get a good meal, or do any shopping!" We have a touring schedule that 30-year old musicians would baulk at, but we got through it."
Old 08-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur881 View Post

Stevie Nicks is sitting in her living room in Santa Monica, dreaming of Taranaki.
"Oh, I loved it there, I really did" she says, recalling her solo show in New Plymouth in 2006. "So I can't wait to get back there so I can show the rest of the band around and they can see how beautiful it is."
The band is Fleetwood Mac, who are returning to New Zealand for the first time in nearly 30 years, to play a single New Zealand show at New Plymouth's Bowl of Brooklands in December.
Nicks is speaking during a break in the American leg of the tour. "The schedule is horrific to be honest with you. We've done 53 shows, with very few days off. At one point Mick Fleetwood said "Dah-ling! Have you noticed we never have two days off? I can't even get a good meal, or do any shopping!" We have a touring schedule that 30-year old musicians would baulk at, but we got through it."
I love this little piece Also, I wish she'd take a camera when she is showing the rest of the band around.

I don't know how Mick figures they never had 2 days off -- maybe they're doing some work between concerts that we don't know about. Oh, well.

Michele
Old 08-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Its Now Official, Fleetwood Mac To Tour Australia

by Paul Cashmere - August 23 2009

Fleetwood Mac will tour Australia in December.

The Australian leg of the Unleashed tour will start in Melbourne in December 1 and include a winery show in the Hunter Valley on December 5.

This will be Fleetwood Mac’s first Australian tour in 5 years, and with no new album, the setlist is completely greatest hits.

In a phone hook-up with Undercover at the start of the world tour Mick Fleetwood said, “This is the first time we've gone on the road without an album. This is truly a new experience for Fleetwood Mac to go out and play songs that we believe and hope people are going to be familiar with and love."

Australian dates are:

December 1, Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena
December 5, Hunter Valley, Hope Estate Winery
December 7, Sydney, Acer Arena
December 11 and 12, Perth, Me Bank Stadium
December 15, Brisbane, Entertainment Centre

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story....Tour_Australia

And finally something from the tour promoter:

http://www.ampresents.com/?module=ev...pcomming&id=74

(Bit unfortunate that 'upcoming' is misspelt in the url)

So not sure what happened to the 2nd dates in all of the other major cities. And Perth is actually the smallest of the four . I suppose they will go ahead depending on sales for the first date, but odd that some pre-sales have already happened for them.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
S And Perth is actually the smallest of the four
But that is because they know I live here!

Oh that and last time both concerts sold out in Perth. Not sure that they did sell out anywhere else in the country. See we have more fans over here - probably because we are 20 years behind the rest of the country and everyone has only just discovered Fleetwood Mac. Their latest album Rumours is fantastic!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The Australian leg of the Unleashed tour will start in Melbourne in December 1 and include a winery show in the Hunter Valley on December 5.

This will be Fleetwood Mac’s first Australian tour in 5 years, and with no new album, the setlist is completely greatest hits.

In a phone hook-up with Undercover at the start of the world tour Mick Fleetwood said, “This is the first time we've gone on the road without an album. This is truly a new experience for Fleetwood Mac to go out and play songs that we believe and hope people are going to be familiar with and love."

Australian dates are:

So not sure what happened to the 2nd dates in all of the other major cities. And Perth is actually the smallest of the four . I suppose they will go ahead depending on sales for the first date, but odd that some pre-sales have already happened for them.
adelaide is TOO hot for them?
im so depressed
Old 08-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Australian dates are:

.......I do not understand those dates either. So the hunter valley is a one off special but two in Perth??
Old 08-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to go to Australia to see them, but its just way too expensive. I mean its gotta be at least $1,000 prob more for a rt ticket from LA to AUS not to mention what it would cost to get from Minneapolis to L.A I only paid $700 rt for a nonstop from Minneapolis to London for the shows Oct 30&31 so I'll settle for that. Not that IM complaining mind you....