The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac in Australia 2009??? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=40165)

chriskisn 05-06-2009 07:20 AM

Fleetwood Mac in Australia 2009???

This was in The West Australian newspaper today (6th May 2009):

"A bidding war has erupted as top Australian promoters jostle to bring legendary rock group Fleetwood Mac to Australia next summer. The band, without singer and keyboard player Christine McVie, played two sell-out shows at the WACA Ground in 2004, with singer Stevie Nicks returning for a solo gig alongside John Farnham at the same venue two years later. The first Mac attack at the WACA sold out within hours, so the promoters are super keen to land what is rumoured to be Fleetwood Mac's farewell world tour before they go their own way, again. A source told The West that we could expect to see Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie here in December or January."

So I'm excited!!!! :blob2:

Gypsy-Rhiannon 05-06-2009 07:53 AM

They need to do Europe first!

HejiraNYC 05-06-2009 08:04 AM

Ah shizzle! :mad: I was hoping for some October dates in Australia/Asia to coincide with my trip. :mad: :mad: :distress:

chriskisn 05-06-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon (Post 819149)
They need to do Europe first!

Well if they are talking about Australia at the end of the year then I guess Europe would be before that?

I only hope they come to Perth, we often miss out because we are so far from all the other Australian cities...

DigYourGrave 05-06-2009 08:59 AM

Ok. This is great news. :D

Over here though we usually hear about tours and dates for huge bands like FM at least 3/4 months in advance (except for festivals and such, but the Mac have made their position on those very clear, at least for 09 anyway.:P) So, If they're gonna do Australia AFTER Europe, then wouldnt they wanna be finished up in Europe in like, November? So shouldnt we hear dates, ticket prices, etc. like... NOW? or at least before May is out. :shrug:

I'm gonna be super pissed if this European leg is badly handled...:distress:

The dance 05-06-2009 02:44 PM

If the info is correct than Australia will come after Europe.
I think they will do Europe in September Oktober and after a few weeks time off move on to Australia. If FM will do Europe in these months than i think we will have new dates and info in June!! Anayone else???

Janis_no1 05-07-2009 07:30 AM

Hmmm so they are touring, i got an email from some Aussie fans saying it was declared two days ago, though i couldn't find anything on a google search... let me try today.... nope cant find anything

BellaDonna93 05-07-2009 08:49 AM

This is AWESOME news !!!!! I hope that the Europe dates will be announced soon 'cause I'm almost sure that if they do Australia then they have to do Europe :)

The dance 05-07-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janis_no1 (Post 819337)
Hmmm so they are touring, i got an email from some Aussie fans saying it was declared two days ago, though i couldn't find anything on a google search... let me try today.... nope cant find anything

Did a google search for Europe and..... nothing so far.
Did a google search for the U2 tour a few weeks before the official announcement and then i got some dates ( they were not coorrect)
but nothing on FM...... :rolleyes:

The dance 05-15-2009 03:36 AM

Perhaps somebody heard anything about a tour in Europe and Australia or is there still no news...................

Liza 05-15-2009 07:36 AM

I do a Google search everyday for dates this year, but nothing so far. I emailed Live Nation yesterday and they said there is nothing to confirm either. Just keep our fingers crossed.;)

StreetAngel86 06-15-2009 09:07 PM

last time they were here in Feb/march 2004
i think that's gonna be the same deal next year
avoid the US winter :laugh:

im not gonna be around :distress: but if a tour hits here imma flying home for it for shuurrrrrrrre, for the Melb show anyway :D

my dad said there was a story on the news or in the paper last week
im not sure where [not that WA story] about a summer concert here. it wasnt confirmed i dont think but the stories ARE out there :nod:

The dance 06-16-2009 05:49 AM

I think after the European dates they will have a few weeks off. Than i think they will tour the first two-three weeks of december in Australia and be home for the christmas holidays.

mylittledemon 06-16-2009 08:53 AM

Yeah I really hope they play Auckland!

The dance 06-16-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 826037)
Yeah I really hope they play Auckland!

I believe Simon & Garfunkel have played there a few days ago. I've seen them once, i believe it was in 2004 on their European old friends tour.
Did you see them demon????
I think FM will do Auckland on the australian tour.