User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I'm more prone to believe your last theory there, that sounds logical. However there are several eyewitnesses who NEVER saw anything about the plane catching on fire before crashing.
Here are most of the quotes:

Flight 93 Eyewitness Accounts
Crash Witnesses Accounts
:

"I heard like a boom and the engine sounded funny," she told the Daily News. "I heard two more booms - and then I did not hear anything."

What does Temyer think she heard? "I think the plane was shot down,"
http://dailynews.philly.com/content/...al/SHOT15C.htm

"It came in low over the trees and started wobbling," said Tim Thornsberg, a resident of Somerset County, who was working near an old strip mine when he saw the plane.

"Then it just rolled over and was flying upside down for a few seconds ... and then it kind of stalled and did a nose dive over the trees. It was just unreal to see something like that."
http://www.pittsburgh.com/partners/w...ghtheroes.html

Eric Peterson, 28, was working in his shop in the Somerset County village of Lambertsville yesterday morning when he heard a plane, looked up and saw one fly over unusually low.

The plane continued on beyond a nearby hill, then dropped out of sight behind a tree line. As it did so, Peterson said it seemed to be turning end-over-end.

Then Peterson said he saw a fireball, heard an explosion and saw a mushroom cloud of smoke rise into the sky.
http://www.post-gazette.com/headline...rashnat2p2.asp

“I saw the plane flying upside down overhead and crash into the nearby trees. My buddy, Doug, and I grabbed our fire extinguishers and ran to the scene,” said Blair.
http://www.dailyamerican.com/disaster.html#3

Eric Peterson of Lambertsville looked up when he heard the plane. "It was low enough, I thought you could probably count the rivets," Peterson said. "You could see more of the roof of the plane than you could the belly. It was on its side."

"There was a great explosion and you could see the flames. It was a massive, massive explosion. Flames and then smoke and then a massive, massive mushroom cloud."
http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...3529429109.xml

“Normally I wouldn’t look up, but I just heard on the news that all the planes were grounded and thought this was probably the last one I would see for a while, so I looked up,” she said. “I didn’t see the plane but I heard the plane’s engine. Then I heard a loud thump that echoed off the hills and then I heard the plane’s engine. I heard two more loud thumps and didn’t hear the plane’s engine anymore after that.”

"We didn't hear that plane coming until it was right on top of us," she said. "Then there was a roar." She said the plane appeared to be gliding into the ground. "All at once it just stopped. There was no engine noise, nothing. Someone hollered, Oh my God!' and then there was a real loud thud."

Shortly after 10 a.m., workers on farms and scrap yards in Somerset County looked up to see an airliner flying low and erratic at an estimated 450 mph.

Bob Blair of Stoystown was driving a coal truck on state Route 30 when he saw the jet plummet "straight down." Barn windowpanes for half a mile around shattered as the jet dived into a reclaimed strip mine and exploded at 10:10 a. m.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...17/MN40630.DTL

A witness told WTAE-TV's Paul Van Osdol that she saw the plane overhead. It made a high-pitched, screeching sound. The plane then made a sharp, 90-degree downward turn and crashed.
http://newsandviews.tripod.com/news/091101tv2.html

Bob Blair was completing a routine drive to Shade Creek just after 10 a.m. Tuesday, when he saw a huge silver plane fly past him just above the treetops and crash into the woods along Lambertsville Road.
Blair, of Stoystown, a driver with Jim Barron Trucking of Somerset, was traveling in a coal truck along with Doug Miller of Somerset, when they saw the plane spiraling to the ground and then explode on the outskirts of Lambertsville.
“I saw the plane flying upside down overhead and crash into the nearby trees. My buddy, Doug, and I grabbed our fire extinguishers and ran to the scene,” said Blair.
http://www.dailyamerican.com/disaster.html

Another witness, Michael Merringer, said he was out on a mountain bike ride with his wife, Amy, about two miles from the crash site.

"(I) heard the engine gun two different times," he said. "(I) heard a loud bang and the windows of the houses all around rattled."
http://www.pjstar.com/news/worldtrade/g34835a.html

Larry Williams, a former state police trooper who is now a private investigator, was golfing on the 17th green at Oakbrook Golf Course about eight miles away when he heard the engines “roar real loud and shut off.”

"We got the call about 9:58 this morning from a male passenger stating that he was locked in the bathroom of United Flight 93 traveling from Newark to San Francisco, and they were being hijacked," said Glenn Cramer, a 911 supervisor.

"We confirmed that with him several times and we asked him to repeat what he said. He was very distraught. He said he believed the plane was going down. He did hear some sort of an explosion and saw white smoke coming from the plane, but he didn't know where.

"And then we lost contact with him."

Meanwhile, investigators also are combing a second crime scene in nearby Indian Lake (2.5 miles from main crash site), where residents reported hearing the doomed jetliner flying over at a low altitude before "falling apart on their homes."

"People were calling in and reporting pieces of plane falling," a state trooper said. Jim Stop reported he had seen the hijacked Boeing 757 fly over him as he was fishing. He said he could see parts falling from the plane.
I lost this link.. but since the witness name is there I've left it up.

Some witnesses reported that the plane was flying upside down for a time before the crash; others said they heard up to three loud booms before the jetliner went down.

"There was no way anything was left," Pluta added. "There was just charred pieces of metal and a big hole. The plane didn't slide into the crash. It went straight into the ground. Wings out. Nose down."

Bits of metal were thrown against a tree line like shrapnel, said state police spokesman Trooper Thomas Spallone of Troop A in Greensburg.

"Once it hit, everything just disintegrated," he said. "There are just shreds of metal. The longest piece I saw was 2 feet long."
http://www.mypittsburghlive.com/mypi...e&eeid=5245814

http://www.flight93crash.com/flight93_eyewitness.html

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Bless your heart, I am sure that is not what the passengers had in mind - They were trying to regain control, which is demostrated on the tapes. But, if you have proof they knew where it was going and deceided to ditch the plane, let's see it.
You didn't understand what I was saying. Of course they had no idea where it was headed. They were trying to regain control TO SAVE THEIR LIVES! But the fact that it didn't make it to its destination...means, in some way, that they did succeed.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, even if it was shot down (which I still am not to sure I believe)...I still believe that every single person (besides the terrorists) in that plane was a hero for what they tried to do...I just don't want that taken away from them.
I don't think anyone is trying to do that here. They are just noting that it is possible the govt. shot it down and if it did, why the cover up.

Interestingly, the plane that crashed a month or so later after leaving JFK was also under suspicious circumstances.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You didn't understand what I was saying. Of course they had no idea where it was headed. They were trying to regain control TO SAVE THEIR LIVES! But the fact that it didn't make it to its destination...means, in some way, that they did succeed.
From your point of view, but perhaps not their's

Old 09-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From your point of view, but perhaps not their's
Well you know, being dead now, they have no idea the lives they did save. I think that in retrospect...if they were able to look back now...they would be proud that they saved hundreds of lives.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well you know, being dead now, they have no idea the lives they did save. I think that in retrospect...if they were able to look back now...they would be proud that they saved hundreds of lives.
Hindsight is always 20/20 and that is noble gesture to make.

However, in hindsight, I suggest they would be pissed W and cronies paid no attention whatsoever to the continuously warned of threat of Al-Q including, inter alia, a memo. a month earlier indicating OBL wanted to attack America via commerical aircraft. I prove my point by noting plenty of the relations of the victims are pissed about this latter hindsight.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hindsight is always 20/20 and that is noble gesture to make.

However, in hindsight, I suggest they would be pissed W and cronies paid no attention whatsoever to the continuously warned of threat of Al-Q including, inter alia, a memo. a month earlier indicating OBL wanted to attack America via commerical aircraft. I prove my point by noting plenty of the relations of the victims are pissed about this latter hindsight.
Bush running out of the classroom on Sept. 11..."no no no, hit me, take me instead."

can't change history, what's done is done.

But I do have to say that Ms. Barbara Olson on Flight 77...would be the first to blame the Clinton administration for the lack of military and funding.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bush running out of the classroom on Sept. 11..."no no no, hit me, take me instead."

can't change history, what's done is done.

But I do have to say that Ms. Barbara Olson on Flight 77...would be the first to blame the Clinton administration for the lack of military and funding.
LOL - you have got to stop getting your info from that woman - she lies

BTW - W is doing a pretty good job of cutting the military as well, but he does it with post-injury benefits and the like. What a gem he is for that. But, then again, he has never been in combat and Cheney had better things to do - so how would they know what it feels like.

But, back to the point, W did nothing to the military after Clinton left and in fact was proposing reduction of it. Then, that SAME military was used in Afganistan and Iraq - both places you have previously asserted the military performed well. So, which is it? I smell a flip flop

P.S. You do realize you have never won an argument here don't you

In any event, here is an interesting editorial on this topic and the facts in it are accurate despite the biased source and there are many more like this out there.

Clinton's Military Legacy

President Bush owes a major debt of gratitude to his predecessor.

By Steven J. Nider

The United States has had two big demonstrations of American military power on George W. Bush's watch that have been spectacularly successful. The irony here is that Bush fought these wars with the military Bill Clinton bequeathed to him.

"A commander-in-chief leads the military built by those who came before him," then-vice presidential candidate Dick Cheney said during the 2000 campaign. "There is little that he or his defense secretary can do to improve the force they have to deploy. It is all the work of previous administrations. Decisions made today shape the force of tomorrow."

On this point he was certainly correct. Despite frequent Republican criticism during the 2000 presidential campaign of Clinton-era military deterioration, the force that was so successful in Afghanistan and Iraq -- while continuing to perform a myriad of tasks around the world on a daily basis -- was clearly quite capable. Republican assertions that the military was underfunded and overstretched and that readiness was poor were contradicted by those performances in Afghanistan and Iraq. Moreover, by Vice President Cheney's own standard, this force did not result from anything done by the current administration. The first Bush defense budget went into effect on Oct. 1, 2002, and none of the funds in that budget has yet had an impact on the quality of the men and women in the armed services, their readiness for combat, or the weapons they used to destroy Taliban or Iraqi forces.

As a presidential candidate, then-Gov. George W. Bush routinely declared that he wanted a new military shaped for a new world. In his frequently cited speech at the Citadel military academy in September 1999, he said:

As president, I will begin an immediate, comprehensive review of our military -- the structure of its forces, the state of its strategy, the priorities of its procurement -- conducted by a leadership team under the secretary of Defense. I will give the secretary a broad mandate -- to challenge the status quo and envision a new architecture of American defense for decades to come. We will modernize some existing weapons and equipment, necessary for current tasks. But our relative peace allows us to do this selectively. The real goal is to move beyond marginal improvements -- to replace existing programs with new technologies and strategies. To use this window of opportunity to skip a generation of technology. This will require spending more -- and spending more wisely.

This was a bold vision of the military that accurately expressed the need for major, ongoing change. Unfortunately, it has not been matched with sufficient vision and programmatic commitment by the Bush administration. The 2001 Quadrennial Defense Review, the comprehensive review promised by candidate Bush, fell substantially short of its stated objective. It did not articulate a sweeping new strategy, it did not call for any change in existing force structure, and it did not suggest any major redirection of investment in future systems. Moreover, until the events of Sept. 11, 2001, the Bush administration had not suggested any major increase in defense spending. In most respects, the review looked very much like what one might have expected from the Clinton administration. Essentially, the only major change was the increased emphasis on missile defense.

The Bush administration had barely started to make its mark on defense policy before hostilities in Afghanistan began. In the spring of 2001, it requested and received a $5 billion supplemental appropriation for the 2001 defense budget, but that constituted less than 2 percent of defense spending for the year -- mostly for pay raises -- and went largely unnoticed before the war began. The most recent defense budget submitted to Congress by the Bush administration would increase defense spending significantly, but it fails once again to make tough choices and provide a necessary vision of leadership. While U.S. forces in Iraq were a model of what a transformed U.S. military should be, the Pentagon continues to invest in Cold War military hardware -- fighter aircraft, destroyers, and other weapons designed to fight advanced Soviet military capabilities.

In fact, the Clinton administration actually spent more money on defense than the previous administration of President George H.W. Bush. The smaller outlays during the first Bush administration were developed and approved by then-Defense Secretary Cheney and then-Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Colin Powell. The Clinton administration did not coast on Reagan-era procurement funding. During the 1990s, the Pentagon invested more than $1 trillion in developing and procuring new weapons and information technology that gave U.S. forces such an unprecedented advantage in the last two U.S. military campaigns. But more significant than the budget increases was the shift that occurred in the mid-1990s. That shift involved much greater emphasis on precision weapons, sensors, robotics, advanced communications, training, readiness, and orienting the intelligence community toward direct support of military operations. It was that shift that produced the superb military that not only swept through Iraq at a rate that defied historical precedent, but used its awesome force with unprecedented precision and effect, unprecedented low collateral damage, and unprecedented low casualty rates. It was the American Revolution in Military Affairs begun in the Clinton administration that was unveiled in Bush's Operation Iraqi Freedom.

The combination of Joint Defense Attack Munitions (JDAMs) and unmanned aerial drones -- both products of that shift -- made it possible to find and destroy targets, including mobile targets, more precisely and quickly during Operation Enduring Freedom, the response to the Sept. 11 attacks, and in Operation Iraqi Freedom than in any previous war. As many as 70 percent of all munitions dropped on Iraq were the precision-guided munitions developed and built during the Clinton administration. Funding for the JDAM program began in 1993, Clinton's first year in office. The advanced, GPS-guided Tomahawk cruise missile, which proved far more accurate and reliable than the earlier cruise missiles used in Desert Storm under the first President Bush, was funded in 1999. Unmanned aerial vehicles like the Predator and Global Hawk, which enabled U.S. forces to use combat aircraft in close air support in unprecedented ways, also originated in the Clinton years.

The Clinton administration also tried to maintain the quality of military personnel by increasing their pay, and it improved retirement and health benefits for military retirees. During his presidential campaign Bush charged that the Clinton administration had overburdened the U.S. military with too many deployments overseas, and he promised to pare those military obligations. "Resources are overstretched," he said. "Frustration is up, as families are separated and strained. Morale is down. Recruitment is more difficult. And many of our best people in the military are headed for civilian life."

Yet in the name of fighting terrorism, Bush is expanding the U.S. military presence overseas faster than Clinton ever dreamed of doing. U.S. forces are not only deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan, but the Bush administration has sent advisers and support to the Philippines, Indonesia, Kuwait, Djibouti, Qatar, Yemen, Georgia, and Uzbekistan. The extra $70 billion a year that the administration has pumped into the Pentagon has bought more smart bombs and bigger paychecks, but it has not brought about a significantly larger force. Despite our expanded global war on terrorism, only about 27,000 troops have been added to our 1.4 million active-duty force.

Even with these troop additions, the military is more overstretched now than it was when Bush took office. During the first three months of 2003, the United States had more than twice as many troops on overseas missions at any given time as it did in 2000. This has made it harder to recruit and keep the soldiers, sailors, and airmen we already have. Bush did not create military overstretch, but he did campaign on fixing it. Instead, it has gotten worse.

Bush and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld deserve enormous credit for the military victory over Iraq. Clinton deserves to share in that credit. Despite Republican cries of a "hollow military," the Clinton administration left behind a highly capable force that served the nation well when an unpredicted threat emerged. How do we know? Cheney said so.

Steven J. Nider is director of foreign and security studies at the Progressive Policy Institute.

http://www.ppionline.org/ndol/print....ntentid=251793

Old 09-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bush running out of the classroom on Sept. 11..."no no no, hit me, take me instead." . . . .
No, he sat there petrified reading a book to children while thousands of Americans were dying. Personally, I think he and his cronies were caught so off guard they were scared shiitteless and did not know where to go and hide - so they stayed in the secured area. Or, perhaps W was thinking "I should have listened to every single expert on the planet that Al-Q and not SH was the real enemy."

Old 09-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Well...

Quote:
Here are most of the quotes:

Flight 93 Eyewitness Accounts
Crash Witnesses Accounts
:

"I heard like a boom and the engine sounded funny," she told the Daily News. "I heard two more booms - and then I did not hear anything."

What does Temyer think she heard? "I think the plane was shot down,"
http://dailynews.philly.com/content/...al/SHOT15C.htm

"It came in low over the trees and started wobbling," said Tim Thornsberg, a resident of Somerset County, who was working near an old strip mine when he saw the plane.

"Then it just rolled over and was flying upside down for a few seconds ... and then it kind of stalled and did a nose dive over the trees. It was just unreal to see something like that."
http://www.pittsburgh.com/partners/w...ghtheroes.html

"There was a great explosion and you could see the flames. It was a massive, massive explosion. Flames and then smoke and then a massive, massive mushroom cloud."
the booms can be the engine dislodging from the wing due to extreme forces causing metal fatigue...The mushroom cloud would be the easily burning jet fuel (I wished I still owned my manuals from my days at Spartan School of Aeronatuics in Tulsa, OK....I found it funny how the govt. never mentioned how a few of the 911 hijackers attended Spartan when the school itself produced records verifying that claim....Spartan has a 'world reknown flight school') but of course it could be something else

But considering the impact zone of the plane, And how there were no human remains to be found I believe it started to desinegrate in the air and plowed the ground at such a force that you can clearly see the shape of the outline of the plane from the air over the crash site (You can clearly make out the wing tips and the tail section.) once your in that powerful a dive there's nothing to do except pray that you lived your life in a great manner because it will be over in a flash.

Will we ever know the truth...Not hardly since the complete cockpit recordings have yet to see the light of day since this is still an 'ongoing investigation' (Kinda like the ongoing investigation into the Murrah bombing...10 years later and the govt. is still clueless, Even though over 100+ witnesses were willing to testify they saw the Ryder truck that morning with 2 passengers, Including Tim McVeigh in the passenger set, not the driver's seat as the govt. likes people to believe.)

Guess I did inherit my Mother's love for reading about 'conspiracies'...

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Well, that black box was decoded by the govt. and I do not trust them one bit
Old 09-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale and BTW - SH is trying to buy yellow cake from Niger Are you really that gullable I mean the govt. has been lying to us for decades
Gulf of Tonkin, anyone?
Old 09-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm more prone to believe your last theory there, that sounds logical. However there are several eyewitnesses who NEVER saw anything about the plane catching on fire before crashing.
Physics simply do not support that theory.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
. . . (Kinda like the ongoing investigation into the Murrah bombing...10 years later and the govt. is still clueless, Even though over 100+ witnesses were willing to testify they saw the Ryder truck that morning with 2 passengers, Including Tim McVeigh in the passenger set, not the driver's seat as the govt. likes people to believe.)

Guess I did inherit my Mother's love for reading about 'conspiracies'...
I think there is a huge cover up about the Murrah building and it was evident in the trial and the witnesses called.

Also - thanks for the info. on planes!!!!!

Old 09-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Gulf of Tonkin, anyone?
Oh who really knows what went on there said the perpetrator years later