Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
The flight that crashed in PA is rumoured to be shot down. Some people in this area saw the plane burst into flames in mid-air. The interview from someone who saw it was ripped from CNN after it only aired once. This is all hearsay.
The debris was scattered over a large area and one of the jet engines was found over 5 miles from the crash site, I believe. That's certainly not indicative of a plane crash.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good Lord ya'll... most of this stuff in your replies I NEVER heard before. Guess it all answers my question on why there wasn't more coverage of those two crashes.

I admit, I didn't watch too many shows on the 9/11 anniversary and all because I'm one of those people that will lose sleep if I let too much of that kind of thing into my consciousness. So I guess I missed whatever shows DID have something on the two other flights. I heard there was going to be a movie made of the PA flight. Hmmm... maybe that's to help squelch any speculation.

Yanno, ever since Watergate, I haven't been able to totally trust what the "gubment" says. Heck, I was even trying to speculate if Katrina could have been created. I guess it's bad enough that the levees had to fail, more people hadn't been evacuated and FEMA had'nt made a faster/stronger response. URG... just makes me wanna run and hide somewhere.

I'm gonna go light a Lavendar scented candle now.

Laura
Old 09-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
The debris was scattered over a large area and one of the jet engines was found over 5 miles from the crash site, I believe. That's certainly not indicative of a plane crash.

CNN interviewed a guy who said he saw the plane burst into flames. It only aired once. The government is trying to hide the fact they shot it down.....and playing up the "they fought back" theory. IMO.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

CNN interviewed a guy who said he saw the plane burst into flames. It only aired once. The government is trying to hide the fact they shot it down.....and playing up the "they fought back" theory. IMO.
Absolutely. They couldn't possibly tell everyone who took the phrase "Let's roll!" to heart after the tragedy that they shot the damn thing down. Funny thing is, I wonder if the passengers could have prevailed.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Personally...

I believe the terrorists crashed it (Flight 93) into the ground to keep those who fought back from taking control of the plane after having their mission fail, The official audio translations used on the Discovery Channel special is some convincing evidence..."Should we put it down now? Yes, put it down....Allah ackbar".

Never heard about the engine being found 5 miles away though (That's if we are talking about Flight 93 instead of Flight 77)...If Flight 93 was in a steep decent with the turbines at maximum thrust then the engine could have broken off easily from the wing due to structural fatigue failure (Good ol' NDT comes in handy still in regards to the structural integrity of a airline jet.)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 09-13-2005 at 11:15 AM..
Old 09-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

They did fight back...and I think it is unfair to them and their families to go on "theories" when the truth is in the black box. Although, if the government did shoot it down, I don't blame them...
Old 09-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
I believe the terrorists crashed it (Flight 93) into the ground to keep those who fought back from taking control of the plane after having their mission fail, The official audio translations used on the Discovery Channel special is some convincing evidence..."Should we put it down now? Yes, put it down....Allah ackbar".

Never heard about the engine being found 5 miles away though (That's if we are talking about Flight 93 instead of Flight 77)...If Flight 93 was in a steep decent with the turbines at maximum thrust then the engine could have broken off easily from the wing due to structural fatigue failure (Good ol' NDT comes in handy still in regards to the structural integrity of a airline jet.)
I agree with you. Conspiracy Theories are a pain in the ass, everyone has them, but they can't be proven...I believe what they say happened...happened.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Absolutely. They couldn't possibly tell everyone who took the phrase "Let's roll!" to heart after the tragedy that they shot the damn thing down. Funny thing is, I wonder if the passengers could have prevailed.
They did prevail. The plane didn't end up crashing into the capitol did it?
Old 09-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
They did fight back...and I think it is unfair to them and their families to go on "theories" when the truth is in the black box. Although, if the government did shoot it down, I don't blame them...

Well, that black box was decoded by the govt. and I do not trust them one bit

I trust eyewitnesses much more.

Also, it could be both occurred, ie. it was shot down while the passengers were trying to regain control of the jet. It could also be that the improper steering that occured when the passengers tried to regain control caused too much stress and the plane shattered in flight and then exploded.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with you. Conspiracy Theories are a pain in the ass, everyone has them, but they can't be proven...I believe what they say happened...happened.

I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale and BTW - SH is trying to buy yellow cake from Niger Are you really that gullable I mean the govt. has been lying to us for decades

Old 09-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Well, that black box was decoded by the govt. and I do not trust them one bit

I trust eyewitnesses much more.

Also, it could be both occurred, ie. it was shot down while the passengers were trying to regain control of the jet. It could also be that the improper steering that occured when the passengers tried to regain control caused too much stress and the plane shattered in flight and then exploded.
I'm more prone to believe your last theory there, that sounds logical. However there are several eyewitnesses who NEVER saw anything about the plane catching on fire before crashing.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale and BTW - SH is trying to buy yellow cake from Niger Are you really that gullable I mean the govt. has been lying to us for decades
But the fact that everything else, besides the gov., PROVES just the opposite of these insane theories...is enough for me. I don't go and look for some off-the-wall theory.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They did prevail. The plane didn't end up crashing into the capitol did it?
Bless your heart, I am sure that is not what the passengers had in mind - They were trying to regain control, which is demostrated on the tapes. But, if you have proof they knew where it was going and deceided to ditch the plane, let's see it.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But the fact that everything else, besides the gov., PROVES just the opposite of these insane theories...is enough for me. I don't go and look for some off-the-wall theory.

Planes that crash are never spread over a five mile area. That demonstrates an explosion, not a crash So, what is this "fact" you are relying on.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Planes that crash are never spread over a five mile area. That demonstrates an explosion, not a crash So, what is this "fact" you are relying on.
Well, even if it was shot down (which I still am not to sure I believe)...I still believe that every single person (besides the terrorists) in that plane was a hero for what they tried to do...I just don't want that taken away from them.