User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I will be there too! Dressed as myself, but with my tambourine over my shoulder. Can't wait! And Travis, looking forward to seeing your videos!
Aww thanks BlueLight! I'm looking forward to playing. My video editor friend just finished a new video for me this morning ... 3 more to go :-)
Old 05-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi All,

Well tomorrow (or today - whenever you are reading this) is the big day. Woo Hoo! Just as I have done the past 3 years, I'll begin playing before the venue opens and will continue on as people are coming into the venue. I'll be playing various Stevie / Mac videos up until you hear "Big Love." After that is what I consider my 'real set.' In addition to listening out for "Big Love", another cue moment will be when you hear "Witchy Woman." And I'll leave it at that

Good luck to all of the performers tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to the show.

Travis
Old 05-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Hi All,

Well tomorrow (or today - whenever you are reading this) is the big day. Woo Hoo! Just as I have done the past 3 years, I'll begin playing before the venue opens and will continue on as people are coming into the venue. I'll be playing various Stevie / Mac videos up until you hear "Big Love." After that is what I consider my 'real set.' In addition to listening out for "Big Love", another cue moment will be when you hear "Witchy Woman." And I'll leave it at that

Good luck to all of the performers tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to the show.

Travis
I Can't Wait!

Last edited by BlueLight; 05-08-2014 at 07:50 PM..
Old 05-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone know if Stevie is confirmed as being back in LA? I always wonder about her whereabouts when NOTS rolls around, just in case one year ends up being the year that she finally shows up.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi All,

If anyone here reading this took any video footage during the video set I'd greatly appreciate it if you could upload and share it. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Everyone,

Well, like “an instant flash of light”, another NOTS experience has come and gone. During my train ride home Saturday I was thinking that I can’t believe it’s over already. So much excitement builds up during the few months leading into it, then for it to be over so fast … VJing at NOTS is truly a highlight for me and I’m so grateful to Chi Chi and Johnny for inviting me back every year.

As in previous years, I play random video clips while the crowd is entering the venue. I always have a planned set that I like to showcase once the floor has filled up a bit. This year it seemed to be a little slow getting people in, but by 9:30 I felt it was a big enough crowd, so “on with the show.”

My set list:

RANDOM (sound check)
Stevie Nicks - Ooh My Love (Montage) (JNX) (VJ Tre) (1989) (2011)
Stevie Nicks - Every Day (2001)
Stevie Nicks - It's Late (Chris Isaak Hour)
Stevie Nicks - Rhiannon (Re-Tracked) (NOTS 22 Photo Shoot)
Fleetwood Mac - Over My Head (Live) The Dance (1997)
Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble (1981) (Re-Tracked)
Fleetwood Mac - Dreams (Live) (1987)

DOORS OPEN
Fleetwood Mac - Save Me (1990)
Fleetwood Mac - Sweet Girl (Live) The Dance (1997)
Stevie Nicks - Blue Denim (1994)
Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me (1982)
Fleetwood Mac - Gold Dust Woman (Live) Tango (1987)
Fleetwood Mac - You Make Loving Fun (Live) (1997)
Stevie Nicks - Talk To Me (Alternate Mix) (JNX)
Sandy Stewart - Saddest Victory (1984)
Stevie Nicks - Nightbird (Live) (SNL) (1983)
Fleetwood Mac - Say You Will (Remix) (10th Anniversary) (2003) (JNX)
Stevie Nicks - Rooms On Fire (Extended Edit) (JNX)

BIG LOVE is my cue for patrons to take notice of what is coming up next.
Fleetwood Mac - Big Love (1987)

MY PLANNED SET
Stevie Nicks & Lady Antebellum - Edge Of Seventeen (Live from Crossroads) (2013)
Stevie Nicks & Jimmy Fallon - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (2014) (minus intro)
Stevie Nicks - It's So Easy (Live)
Stevie Nicks & Lady Antebellum - Need You Now (Live from Crossroads) (2013)
Stevie Nicks - Blue Lamp Fan Question
Stevie Nicks - Blue Lamp (Studio Montage) (1981) (JNX)
Buckinham Nicks - Crying In The Night (Montage) (1973) (JNX)
Stevie Nicks - If Anyone Falls (Soundstage Sessions)

WITCHY WOMAN / DANCE SEGMENT
Eagles - Witchy Woman Interlude (Stevie Nicks) (AHS) (2014)
Frisky Army vs. Stevie Nicks - Rhiannon (Descendants Of Salem) (AHS) (JNX) (2014)
Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen (Ultimix) (JNX) (2013)
Stevie Nicks - Stand Back (Hani) (2007) (2012) (JNX)
The Nicks - Everywhere (Randy Bettis vs Keith Haarmeyer Edit) (JNX) (2011)

~ THE END ~

Special request from Chi Chi
Stevie Nicks - Seven Wonders (AHS) “Good Luck Girls” Ending

My planned set actually had to be altered a bit due to lack of time and one technical failure. I have a new video for “Without You” which I wanted to play after “Crying in the Night” but for some reason, the file stalled and it would not play – eeeek, a VJ’s nightmare. So I quickly had to load another video.

Also, I want to give a HUGE thank you to my buddy Jesus of JNX Digital Productions. I take some pride knowing that I give him a few ideas for the videos he edits for me however, Jesus is a true major talent. He has incredible vision and he amazes me still when I watch his work. Jesus, you are such a huge part of what I do, I can't thank you enough my friend.

Another great year at Night of a 1000 Stevies. Be on the lookout for my posting of the new Rhiannon video.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Out Magazine [click for slide show]

http://www.out.com/entertainment/pop...reigns-supreme

Night of 1,000 Stevies: Originality Reigns Supreme

5.13.2014 By R. Kurt Osenlund

Stevie Nicks remains the key inspiration of her largest fan event, but the diversity of its talent and turnout proves you can be her disciple and still go your own way.

Photography by Ricardo Nelson

Tambourines were tossed from the stage into a decadent crowd of hundreds, and ample black shawls were available for sale, but Stevie Nicks’s trademark accessories were hardly a requirement at last Friday’s Night of 1,000 Stevies, the 24th incarnation of the largest Nicks fan event in the world. Held at New York’s Irving Plaza, its sixth—and grandest—venue, the mystical affair attracted fans and performers who each found a way to uniquely channel Fleetwood Mac’s witchy woman.

“At some point, with certain stars, the fans take over and are a bigger entity than the stars themselves,” said Abby Ehmann, one of the evening’s mistresses of ceremonies, and a close friend of event co-founders Johnny Dynell and Chi Chi Valenti (the latter of whom was still recovering from pneumonia, her absence repeatedly lamented).

Among the night’s performers were dancers from Vangeline Theater, whose interpretation of “Rhiannon” involved a ballet dancer evoking “a bird in flight,” and a back-up crew of haunting beauties rocking Kabuki makeup. Also present was Xavier, a four-person group offering a Lenny Kravitz-esque take on “Dreams.”

And then there were epic costumer Machine Dazzle and show-stealer Darrell Thorne, both of whom used Stevie as a launchpad to flaunt their latest fantastical creations. Machine Dazzle donned a pentagram headpiece and a mile-high, scissor-cut wig, while Thorne came fully painted in purple and glitter, with blue dreadlocks and stag horns to match.

"I’m not actually a Stevie superfan,” said Thorne, who’s attended the event 11 times, six as a performer. “But I’d always heard it was this magical celebration, and I’ve come to love her music because of it. This is always a love fest, and it’s one of the most fun events of the year.”

Of course, not everyone took such outré approaches to their Stevie-inspired attire. Drag star Divine Grace sported what he called a “1990s Klonopin” Nicks look, which equaled a lot of blonde and black. “This is the most avant garde year I’ve ever seen,” Grace said. “And I’ve seen a lot. One time there was this giant drag queen with white powder all over her face. She looked like she ate Stevie and then did an eight ball.”

Friday’s no-holds-barred festivities rolled on into the wee hours of 3 a.m., with appearances from the likes of Michael Musto, nightlife honcho Taylor Mac (who came donned in his best Machine Dazzle couture), and drag legend Sherry Vine, who was joined by a quartet of go-go boys for a sexy rendition of “Gold Dust Woman.”

As Musto observed when introducing one of the night’s performers, Nicks is “hotter than ever” thanks to such things as her recent appearance on American Horror Story: Coven, which, according to Ehmann, partly inspired the night’s “Spellbound” theme.

“Stevie always finds a way to stay relevant,” Ehmann said, before observing that, despite the event’s motley crew of attendees, the songstress herself isn’t one to switch it up. “She’s got an extreme staying power and she’s managed to do it without striving to reinvent herself, like Madonna. You know, not to slam Madonna.”