The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Night of 1000 Stevies 24: Spellbound (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53294)

johnb84 02-18-2014 12:37 PM

Night of 1000 Stevies 24: Spellbound

nots24 place 360
screen cap

NIGHT OF A THOUSAND STEVIES NEWS

THE JACKIE FACTORY PRESENTS
NIGHT OF 1000 STEVIES 24:
SPELLBOUND
FRIDAY, MAY 9, 2014
IRVING PLAZA

17 IRVING PLACE NYC
DOORS 9 PM - 3 AM
$20 TILL 2/24, $25 THEREAFTER + TICKET FEES
BOX OFFICE
18 + WITH PHOTO I.D.
The twenty-fourth annual NIGHT OF 1000 STEVIES - the largest and most beloved STEVIE NICKS fan event in the world - returns to NYC on May 9, 2014. The marathon evening - produced by THE JACKIE FACTORY - has moved to its sixth and largest venue - historic IRVING PLAZA in our home neighborhood of Union Square. This year's theme - SPELLBOUND - pays homage to Stevie Magic in all its many guises and songs - a magic that always touches NOTS. The 24th edition is also inspired by Stevie's WELSH WITCH persona, once again in the spotlight after her recent appearances on AMERICAN HORROR STORY:COVEN.

A very special Stevie Spell will be cast over the new NOTS stage and ballroom. The first confirmed performers for this year's edition are "Returning Legends of Stevie Realness" from all eras of the show. They are NOTS icon and YouTube star SHERRY VINE, beloved songstress AMBER MARTIN, showstopper and crowd favorite SWEETIE, gifted Stevie impersonator CHARLENE CORAN (COLORADO), Gothic Songbird LADY ZOMBIE, NOTS drag touchstone THE DIVINE GRACE, dark performance/dance ensemble THE RACHEL KLEIN THEATER, original NOTS DJ POISON EVE with burlesquer DARLINDA JUST DARLINDA, Butoh sensations THE VANGELINE THEATER, living artwork MACHINE DAZZLE and lavender soul sensation XAVIER (who debuted last year.) "Enchantresses of Ceremony"are show founder CHI CHI VALENTI and longtime co-producers HATTIE HATHAWAY and EDITRIX ABBY, and first confirmed DJs are SAMMY JO and VJ TRE (D.C.) who will again spin original Nicks multimedia and rare video clips for the first hour.

mothernyc.com/stevie
facebook.com/1000stevies
#1000stevies

Inside the Ball: JAZMEN FLOWERS at NOTS 23, photo by JASON RUSSO.

louielouie2000 02-18-2014 01:22 PM

Hmm, I might be able to afford to go for the first time in my life. Tempting. I especially like this year's theme! :nod:

KarmaContestant 02-18-2014 01:51 PM

Spellbound is a great track from Siouxsie & The Banshees.

wheart 02-18-2014 09:50 PM

I am going this year...in full Stevie drag. Can't wait!!

eric51078 02-19-2014 10:55 AM

Can't wait to go this year!

wheart 02-21-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric51078 (Post 1121111)
Can't wait to go this year!

I went back in 2004 and performed (not very well!!) so it will be nice to return. A new venue, too.

johnb84 03-25-2014 04:54 PM

FINAL INFO

THE JACKIE FACTORY PRESENTS
NIGHT OF 1000 STEVIES 24:
SPELLBOUND
FRIDAY, MAY 9, 2014
IRVING PLAZA

17 IRVING PLACE NYC
DOORS 9 PM - 3 AM
$20 TILL 2/24, $25 THEREAFTER + TICKET FEES
BOX OFFICE
18 + WITH PHOTO I.D.
The twenty-fourth annual NIGHT OF 1000 STEVIES - the largest and most beloved STEVIE NICKS fan event in the world - returns to NYC on May 9, 2014. The marathon evening - produced by THE JACKIE FACTORY - has moved to its sixth and largest venue - historic IRVING PLAZA in our home neighborhood of Union Square. This year's theme - SPELLBOUND - pays homage to Stevie Magic in all its many guises and songs - a magic that always touches NOTS. The 24th edition is also inspired by Stevie's WELSH WITCH persona, once again in the spotlight after her recent appearances on AMERICAN HORROR STORY:COVEN.

A Stevie Spell will be cast over the new NOTS stage and ballroom, in three sets starring "Legends of Stevie Realness" from all eras of the show. They are perennial showstoppers THE HO-HOs (CATHY CERVENKA and Jill PANGALLO), YouTube star SHERRY VINE, master puppeteer BASIL TWIST and "LITTLE STEVIE", icon JAZMEN FLOWERS (Mississippi), NOTS 24 cover girl THE DIVINE GRACE, crowd favorites BELLADONNA (California), AMBER MARTIN and SWEETIE, Butoh greats THE VANGELINE THEATER, beloved songbirds CHARLENE CORAN (COLORADO) and JOHNNY QUINLAN, dark ensemble THE RACHEL KLEIN THEATER, dance music crooners ADAM JOSEPH and LEA LORIEN, alt-Stevies POISON EVE and DARLINDA JUST DARLINDA of BUSHWICK BURLESQUE, Gothic Lass LADY ZOMBIE, living artworks MACHINE DAZZLE and DARRELL THORNE and Lavender Soul sensation XAVIER.

This year's debut performers have just been selected, and each brings something unique to our bill. Multimedia artist and director ROB ROTH (CLICK + DRAG, BLONDIE) appears as his surreal alter ego CRAIG (think more "Beast" than "Beauty"). Redheaded siren and actress BRIDGET BARKAN has toured worldwide with the SCISSOR SISTERS and is part of the band SLOW KNIGHTS led by the Scissor's DEL MARQUIS. Popular NYC country-folk duo A BRIEF VIEW OF THE HUDSON (ANN ENZMINGER and NICK NACE) are transplants from Austin and Canada whose friends urged them for years to audition for NOTS. A vocalist heavily involved in the nightlife scene and professional theatre, MARYANNE PICCOLO and her DAMN THE LIGHT host a monthly tribute series at NYC's DUANE PARK.

The evening's "Enchantresses of Ceremony" are show founder CHI CHI VALENTI and longtime co-producers HATTIE HATHAWAY and EDITRIX ABBY. Our all-Stevie/all-Fleetwood DJs are the great CRAIG SPENCER and SAMMY JO who will keep you twirling for hours between and after performance sets and VJ TRE (D.C.) who will spin original Nicks multimedia and rare video clips for the first hour.

mothernyc.com/stevie
facebook.com/1000stevies
#1000stevies

johnb84 03-25-2014 05:01 PM

Anyone willing to take bets on who's singing what? I'm anxious to see if the new venue is better than the Highline. Maybe a little cooler and less crowded. The Highline got so hot it was almost unberable.

Can't wait to see what Jazmen and Divine Grace bring to the stage this year - and see if Jazmen's had any more work done. What a beautiful creater. She's the Kim to my Kanye.

johnb84 03-25-2014 05:04 PM

I just remembered I was going to ask What perfume does jazmen wear?

johnb84 03-25-2014 05:08 PM

And VJ Tre will be spinning again! Awesome. Love your videos and mixes!

Steviegirl 03-25-2014 05:40 PM

I want so badly to go one year. I can't believe Basil Twist was there. That is really HUGE! And the puppet he made was amazing.

Travis 04-07-2014 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnb84 (Post 1123087)
And VJ Tre will be spinning again! Awesome. Love your videos and mixes!

Thank you very much! I'll have at least 2 new video edits this year to add to my NOTS collection :-)! Looking forward to playing for everyone.

johnb84 04-29-2014 04:41 PM

NOTS 24 is coming up next Friday. Roll Call?

I really feel like there are going to be some amazing performances this year! Wonder what everyone is doing to get ready? That is so interested to me.

Also, not sure if you all have seen the latest news on Chi Chi Valenti, one of the founders of NOTS. She had a serious bout of pneumonia I believe, which led her to be in the hospital and very very sick. She's finally better and in physical therapy to learn to use her muscles again. It is said she will be at NOTS though. What a Trooper. Send all your love to her; an amazing woman so loved. :xoxo:

wheart 04-29-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnb84 (Post 1127882)
NOTS 24 is coming up next Friday. Roll Call?

I really feel like there are going to be some amazing performances this year! Wonder what everyone is doing to get ready? That is so interested to me.

Also, not sure if you all have seen the latest news on Chi Chi Valenti, one of the founders of NOTS. She had a serious bout of pneumonia I believe, which led her to be in the hospital and very very sick. She's finally better and in physical therapy to learn to use her muscles again. It is said she will be at NOTS though. What a Trooper. Send all your love to her; an amazing woman so loved. :xoxo:

I will be there. Still deciding if I will be there as "Stevie" or not. But then again, if there's ever a place to wear a chiffon skirt and platform boots, it's NOTS.

BlueLight 05-01-2014 11:39 AM

I will be there too! Dressed as myself, but with my tambourine over my shoulder. Can't wait! :blob2: And Travis, looking forward to seeing your videos!