The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I managed to find the Instagram from the girl that received the Christine McVie autograph in Nashville http://instagram.com/p/m8hjDgNSKR/

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 04-25-2014 at 07:01 PM..
Old 04-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Don't worry Michelle is just visiting...She is still working on her next record and is in Nashville from time to time and she may still have a house there but I'm not sure of that...

Speaking of which I wonder if Reese still has the condo and if so Stevie & company could be staying there after all it would be "Cheaper Than Free"...

Sorry but the "Tusk" days are long gone and I don't think FM will be taking any risks this time like they did with Tusk...
i think they have all the freedom to take all the risks they want these days, nobody really cares about their new album except highly dedicated fans...

but i also think that you are very right and they will not be taking any risks. i think after Tusk and Say You Will Lindsey is sick and tired of getting all the crap for any veering off the safe FM sound, and he'll just take it easy on this band album... and i actually hate it that it seems now with all this prolonging he seems to have been sucked back into being the main producer of the album again. he was clearly planning Froom to do the job.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and i actually hate it that it seems now with all this prolonging he seems to have been sucked back into being the main producer of the album again. he was clearly planning Froom to do the job.
Quote:
he was clearly planning Froom to do the job.
He was planning on Froom to do the job if it was just him and Stevie and that was to accommodate Stevie. I don't think anyone had to suck him very hard to have him produce FM again. It's just like they "twisted his arm" to do Tango, but it was always inevitable that he would produce that. No question. There's been a lot of outside producer talk since SYW ended, but his first inclination and desire is to produce, in my view. He enjoys the frustration and wants to do it. He only would not do it if he knows that's what it takes to get an album done.

Michele
Old 04-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'd love for Lindsey to take a back seat. At least then I won't worry that Christine and Stevie's songs are full of sped up voices, grunts, and whispers.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
I'd love for Lindsey to take a back seat. At least then I won't worry that Christine and Stevie's songs are full of sped up voices, grunts, and whispers.
Grunts and whispers. That was going to be Ingmar Berman's last film .

Your description reminds me of the first time I heard Time Bomb Town and I thought, "Oh, there's my guy. That's his thumb print. He hasn't changed a bit. I've missed this so much."

Michele
Old 04-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
i think sped up voices is the only thing you wouldn''t have to worry about in that case. grunts and whispers may be unavoidable.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think sped up voices is the only thing you wouldn''t have to worry about in that case. grunts and whispers may be unavoidable.
I would think that Lindsey will trade vocals on one of Christine's songs, for old time's sake and he'll speed up his own vocal on that, even if he doesn't do anything to hers. My prediction.

You know, whispering on its own is great, but when he substitutes whisper croaking for singing, that's when I can't stand it. I wanted to throw my Elizabethtown soundtrack out of the window.

Michele
Old 04-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a bit of talk on twitter as to whether Stevie will show up at the Lady Antebellum show in Knoxville on Sunday...Even more interesting is the fact that country music fans know Stevie is in Nashville and are wondering if she will be at the Lady Antebellum show...I guess she made quite an impact at the ACM's...
Old 04-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even more interesting is the fact that country music fans know Stevie is in Nashville and are wondering if she will be at the Lady Antebellum show...I
yup, Stevie should join Lady Antebellum, Lindsey should join NIN, and Stevie and Lindsey fans could all be happy not having to deal with the kind of music they couldn't care about less.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's a bit of talk on twitter as to whether Stevie will show up at the Lady Antebellum show in Knoxville on Sunday...Even more interesting is the fact that country music fans know Stevie is in Nashville and are wondering if she will be at the Lady Antebellum show...I guess she made quite an impact at the ACM's...

That would be nice.Maybe Lady A could invite Stevie on the Grand Ole Opry one night.I got the show streaming now.

Lady A could open for FM if they start the show at 6:30PM local time for they wont cut into FM's music time. and

Quote:
yup, Stevie should join Lady Antebellum, Lindsey should join NIN, and Stevie and Lindsey fans could all be happy not having to deal with the kind of music they couldn't care about less.
Johnny Cash did an awesome cover of NIN's Hurt.I do like some of NIN tunes.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Johnny Cash did an awesome cover of NIN's Hurt.I do like some of NIN tunes.
yeah Hurt is a great song.

as for your Lady A / FM combo suggestion, i'm looking for the throwup emoticon. luckily, we know that particular pairing will never happen.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine was in LA when they recently had a minor quake and now she is in Nashville where there may be tornadoes ravaging the surrounding areas. Big storms are predicted for this area starting on Sundae. I hope she won't take this as a bad sign from the Heavens.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah Hurt is a great song.

as for your Lady A / FM combo suggestion, i'm looking for the throwup emoticon. luckily, we know that particular pairing will never happen.
Hahahahahaha.Don't do it on your keyboard or Ipad.
Yes I dont want any openers for FM to come think about it.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Christine was in LA when they recently had a minor quake and now she is in Nashville where there may be tornadoes ravaging the surrounding areas. Big storms are predicted for this area starting on Sundae. I hope she won't take this as a bad sign from the Heavens.
Yes they do have those there.They should call Trod Nossel Studios here in town and do some tracks.Its still here and open .The weather is cool and rainy and like UK weather.Poor Stevie and Lindsey probably freeze here.

I can pop in at the studio and say hi since its only about 2 miles from from my house.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
ALL be happy?! Unless you LIKE and even LOVE both Stevie solo, Lindsey solo, Stevie and Lindsey together, Stevie w/ Lady A, Lady A solo, Lindsey w/ NIN, NIN solo, and Fleetwood Mac together... #widerpalateoftastesapparently

Besides, Lady A was just a temp. job for her. She knows where she belongs, lol.

“The dream was very short. And the dream was actually very fun. But I just want to clarify that so that when my other half hears this, he doesn’t get all pissed off, because it wasn’t that kind of a dream. We were just having our usual little disagreement, because that’s what we do. And I laughingly said to him, ‘Well, fine. I’ll just go join Lady Antebellum.’ And then the dream ended, and I sat up, and there it was." (SN)

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"