The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2014, 11:08 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,986
Default Stevie & Christine in Nashville

could it be they are recording some (SN's) parts of the album in Nashville?

and that we will get that album before the tour after all? (pretty please let it be true..........)

Christine, Dave Stewart, Stevie and Waddy were all reportedly (or self-reportedly in DS case) flying to Nashville some time this morning.

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...flight-to.html
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 04-19-2014, 11:39 AM
BlueDenimLamp's Avatar
BlueDenimLamp BlueDenimLamp is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
could it be they are recording some (SN's) parts of the album in Nashville?

and that we will get that album before the tour after all? (pretty please let it be true..........)

Christine, Dave Stewart, Stevie and Waddy were all reportedly (or self-reportedly in DS case) flying to Nashville some time this morning.
Don't forget this is how we found out that Stevie was making a new record and that Dave was producing and we also found out from "Instagram" that FM was at the village...


Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Per Dave S's Facebook, he's spending a few weeks in Nashville. And speaking of Nashville, you lot may be interested in this from Instagram which was posted 15 hours ago. Thanks to @justlikehome on Twitter for finding it. The very top of the photograph is cropped but it was just addressed to the girl whose Instagram account it is. And yes, it DOES say Go Your Own Way.

So we have Dave, Waddy and apparently Christine in Nashville.

I lifted part of the thread from the "Stevie Section"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post


Well this could be interesting...I wonder who else will be there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Maybe Stevie is recording some tunes with Lady A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post


Whatever Dave is up to it looks like he will be in Nashville for a while...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thanks for the info.I guess he loves it there.There is alot of music action there.I wonder if Stevie will get invited to join his circus.LOL...
It seems we now have Christine in Nashville as well...This could be very interesting indeed...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp : 04-19-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2014, 12:25 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
It seems we now have Christine in Nashville as well...This could be very interesting indeed...
thanks for combining all these in one thread!

with "circus moving to Nashville" seems like they will definitely be working on Stevie's FM songs there. maybe both Christine and Dave will co-write with her this time around. Christine seems to be happy, inspired, and on the roll, she can hopefully find some lyrics in SN's journals for which she can write music!
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-19-2014, 12:44 PM
BlueDenimLamp's Avatar
BlueDenimLamp BlueDenimLamp is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks for combining all these in one thread!

with "circus moving to Nashville" seems like they will definitely be working on Stevie's FM songs there. maybe both Christine and Dave will co-write with her this time around. Christine seems to be happy, inspired, and on the roll, she can hopefully find some lyrics in SN's journals for which she can write music!
The fact that Stevie and Christine are in Nashville TOGETHER is a good thing...

It's possible that this is not FM related and simply "the girls" on a weekend getaway hanging out with Dave and Waddy...Or they may work on a few things while they are in town...One thing is for certain Dave tweets about everything so we should be kept up to date with what's going on...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2014, 01:14 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
It's possible that this is not FM related and simply "the girls" on a weekend getaway hanging out with Dave and Waddy...Or they may work on a few things while they are in town...One thing is for certain Dave tweets about everything so we should be kept up to date with what's going on...
please don't pour cold water on my [finally!] optimistic outlook. i want that album out!

yeah Stevie and Christine both don't have families they need to spend the holiday with, but Dave Stewart has, and relatively young kids if i remember correctly. would he really go to Nashville (where people go to record music ) for a weekend with these women if it wasn't work related? he just came back from working on another project in Jamaica. i choose to think this is great news, and why SN was not really much around with FM in the studio (although i really don't understand that attitude if they are really a band - i guess they are really more just a business than a band these days, at least as far as SN is concerned ) - she was waiting for DS to be free so he can help her out. and i think the fact Christine is there with them has to be good news since she can help Dave make those songs more FM/band sounding.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2014, 01:16 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,986
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
TOne thing is for certain Dave tweets about everything so we should be kept up to date with what's going on...
good point!
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-19-2014, 01:29 PM
BlueDenimLamp's Avatar
BlueDenimLamp BlueDenimLamp is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
please don't pour cold water on my [finally!] optimistic outlook. i want that album out!

yeah Stevie and Christine both don't have families they need to spend the holiday with, but Dave Stewart has, and relatively young kids if i remember correctly. would he really go to Nashville (where people go to record music ) for a weekend with these women if it wasn't work related? he just came back from working on another project in Jamaica. i choose to think this is great news, and why SN was not really much around with FM in the studio (although i really don't understand that attitude if they are really a band - i guess they are really more just a business than a band these days, at least as far as SN is concerned ) - she was waiting for DS to be free so he can help her out. and i think the fact Christine is there with them has to be good news since she can help Dave make those songs more FM/band sounding.
I'm just saying that we don't know for certain yet...
I don't know why people were saying earlier that Christine & Dave wouldn't get along...After all they both have that "English thing" going on and at least they have that in common...


Dave has at least one of his children with him...Kaya is turning out to be quite the young singer/songwriter...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-19-2014, 01:33 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,625
Default

Someone had Christine write GYOW on that autograph. That's funny. I'm sure Lindsey has been asked to write Don't Stop on things before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I don't know why people were saying earlier that Christine & Dave wouldn't get along...After all they both have that "English thing" going on and at least they have that in common.
I never thought they wouldn't get along. Just worried about what him working on her songs would sound like.

At any rate, I don't think that Stevie and Christine would be hanging out together socially in Nashville. Los Angeles, maybe, but not Nashville.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-19-2014, 01:48 PM
BlueDenimLamp's Avatar
BlueDenimLamp BlueDenimLamp is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Someone had Christine write GYOW on that autograph. That's funny. I'm sure Lindsey has been asked to write Don't Stop on things before.



I never thought they wouldn't get along. Just worried about what him working on her songs would sound like.
At any rate, I don't think that Stevie and Christine would be hanging out together socially in Nashville. Los Angeles, maybe, but not Nashville.

Michele
A lot of people thought the same thing when they learned that he was working on "IYD" ...Personally all I could think of was Dave's 1980's work but that turned out not to be the case...

It doesn't sound like CM was on the same flight as the others...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-19-2014, 01:49 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Dave has at least one of his children with him
yeah saw that on his fb as soon as i was done posting about his kids... apparently he's reading my mind.

so that pic looks like they are driving? maybe i'm seeing wrong. or maybe it's just Dave and his family driving. we know Christine flew.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-19-2014, 01:59 PM
BlueDenimLamp's Avatar
BlueDenimLamp BlueDenimLamp is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah saw that on his fb as soon as i was done posting about his kids... apparently he's reading my mind.

so that pic looks like they are driving? maybe i'm seeing wrong. or maybe it's just Dave and his family driving. we know Christine flew.
Yes it looks like they are in a car...They are already there or haven't left yet...Sounds like Christine arrived in Nashville on Friday...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-19-2014, 02:05 PM
BlueDenimLamp's Avatar
BlueDenimLamp BlueDenimLamp is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default



And the plot thickens...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-19-2014, 02:52 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post


And the plot thickens...
http://www.blackbirdstudio.com/#/about/
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-19-2014, 03:41 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
A lot of people thought the same thing when they learned that he was working on "IYD"
I don't think his 80s work is in conflict with Stevie's own style. For instance, there's nothing about "Here Comes the Rain Again" and Annie's (sometimes sinister) voice and phrasing that would make me think this man shouldn't work with Stevie and couldn't bring something charismatic out of her. Christine is a different story, though.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-19-2014, 03:56 PM
WildHearted's Avatar
WildHearted WildHearted is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,136
Default

What does Martina McBride have to do with it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Christine McVie Of Fleetwood Mac Poster OLD
$49.99
Christine McVie Of Fleetwood Mac Poster OLD pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$49.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFleetwood Mac Stevie Nicks Mick Christine McVie Lindsey Grammy Award Poster
$24.99
Fleetwood Mac Stevie Nicks Mick Christine McVie Lindsey Grammy Award Poster pictureFLEETWOOD MAC ORIGINAL PHOTO Mac John Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks 1977 Band
$19.99
FLEETWOOD MAC ORIGINAL PHOTO Mac John Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks 1977 Band pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Flat
$19.99
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Flat picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved