Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
Its Now Official, Fleetwood Mac To Tour Australia

by Paul Cashmere - August 23 2009

Fleetwood Mac will tour Australia in December.

The Australian leg of the Unleashed tour will start in Melbourne in December 1 and include a winery show in the Hunter Valley on December 5.

This will be Fleetwood Mac’s first Australian tour in 5 years, and with no new album, the setlist is completely greatest hits.

In a phone hook-up with Undercover at the start of the world tour Mick Fleetwood said, “This is the first time we've gone on the road without an album. This is truly a new experience for Fleetwood Mac to go out and play songs that we believe and hope people are going to be familiar with and love."

Australian dates are:

December 1, Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena
December 5, Hunter Valley, Hope Estate Winery
December 7, Sydney, Acer Arena
December 11 and 12, Perth, Me Bank Stadium
December 15, Brisbane, Entertainment Centre

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story....Tour_Australia

And finally something from the tour promoter:

http://www.ampresents.com/?module=ev...pcomming&id=74

(Bit unfortunate that 'upcoming' is misspelt in the url)

So not sure what happened to the 2nd dates in all of the other major cities. And Perth is actually the smallest of the four . I suppose they will go ahead depending on sales for the first date, but odd that some pre-sales have already happened for them.
.......I do not understand those dates either. So the hunter valley is a one off special but two in Perth??
Old 08-23-2009, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I love this little piece Also, I wish she'd take a camera when she is showing the rest of the band around.

I don't know how Mick figures they never had 2 days off -- maybe they're doing some work between concerts that we don't know about. Oh, well.

Michele
Not that IM getting out the violin for the band, but I did take a look and Mick is right. They didnt have more than one day off on the first leg, and on the second one, except for the cancelled show in Greensboro, and Stevie's illness after Denver, the only time they had 2 days off was between San Diego and Salt Lake City and Atlantic City and Manchester.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to go to Australia to see them, but its just way too expensive. I mean its gotta be at least $1,000 prob more for a rt ticket from LA to AUS not to mention what it would cost to get from Minneapolis to L.A I only paid $700 rt for a nonstop from Minneapolis to London for the shows Oct 30&31 so I'll settle for that. Not that IM complaining mind you....
Old 08-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I would love to go to Australia to see them, but its just way too expensive. I mean its gotta be at least $1,000 prob more for a rt ticket from LA to AUS not to mention what it would cost to get from Minneapolis to L.A I only paid $700 rt for a nonstop from Minneapolis to London for the shows Oct 30&31 so I'll settle for that. Not that IM complaining mind you....
I wouldn't go to melbourne for a fleetwood mac show if you've never been here before. There would be too much living and fun to be had here to even care about seeing another concert I've been here long enough now that I can squeeze it in though.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Not that IM getting out the violin for the band, but I did take a look and Mick is right. They didnt have more than one day off on the first leg, and on the second one, except for the cancelled show in Greensboro, and Stevie's illness after Denver, the only time they had 2 days off was between San Diego and Salt Lake City and Atlantic City and Manchester.
Really? I didn't even go look. It just felt like they had more than 2 days off in a row to me. I guess it always does when you aren't the one working!

Michele
Old 08-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Monday, August 24, 2009

It's got to be one of the worst kept secrets in Australian touring this year, after the band posted dates on their Myspace page last week, but Andrew McManus has confirmed that legendary outfit Fleetwood Mac will tour Australia in December this year. The band will kick off the local leg of their 'Unleashed' tour in Melbourne on December 01, before visiting the Hunter Valley, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane. They're also set to embark across the Tasman for a stop in New Plymouth in the week before Christmas. The setlist will comprise a collection of Fleetwood Mac's greatest hits and tickets for all dates are on sale Friday September 04.

December 01 : Melbourne (Rod Laver Arena)
December 05 : Hunter Valley (Hope Estate Winery)
December 07 : Sydney (Acer Arena)
December 11 : Perth (Members Equity Stadium)
December 12 : Perth (Members Equity Stadium)
December 15 : Brisbane (Entertainment Centre)

Fleetwood Mac has a myspace page???

http://auspop.blogspot.com/2009/08/t...twood-mac.html

Last edited by vivfox; 08-23-2009 at 08:37 PM..
Old 08-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac play at Pokolbin

HUNTER conferences will get the chance to see rock super group Fleetwood Mac accomplish live when they play at Pokolbin's Hope Estate later this year.
The band, which recently finished a 55 city sold out tour of North America, will act a two hour plus show at Hope Estate on December 5.
The tour is its first in five years and will feature wonderful hits including Rhiannon, Dreams, Tusk, Go Your Own Way and Sara.
After the successful American tour, Fleetwood Mac also included a two month European leg.
The Australian tour will start at Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena on December 1 and then head to Hope Estate before accomplishment in Sydney, Perth and Brisbane. Tickets are on sale through Ticketek from September 4.

http://fleetwood-mac-band.blogspot.c...-pokolbin.html
Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The mystery of the two Perth shows appears to be solved.

According to the ME Stadium website, the FM shows are "Live From The Centre Circle - a special limited capacity intimate mode."

Tour Promoter Andrew McManus said:

“When I presented The Who in April I was blown away with the intense yet intimate feel the band and audience created within the first half of the ground, and so decided there and then that I would make sure everyone who came to the Fleetwood Mac concert could experience that “first half intimacy”. The only way to do it was to set the stage up at the “Centre Circle” and limit the capacity hence one show would have to become two. I’m really excited that every seat in the house will now be a great one to experience what is set to be the concert of the year.”

That, and chriskisn lives there . In any case, that sounds cool for Perth people.

And prices so far according to various sites:

Sydney: A Reserve $198.00; B Reserve $169.00; C Reserve $128.00 (www.acerarena.com.au)
Brisbane: A Reserve $195.00; B Reserve $165.00; C Reserve $125.00 (www.brisent.com.au)
Hope Estate: $122.80 to $192.80 (www.ticketmaster.com.au)

So pretty standard pricing there. I've seen a lot of people elsewhere on the internet with their knickers in a complete knot over the Preferred Seating et al. prices thinking that they were it. I think these prices though are more than reasonable.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone help me! I want to go to one of the shows in Aus but i don't know were would be best, in terms of affordability and the how good the venue is.

So far it looks like Sydney cause of the cheap flights from Auckland but were not sure yet!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustboi View Post
HI All,

I need advice - tickets on Preferred Seating are selling for about $250 for A Reserve at the Acer Arena - can anybody tell me if these are any good? Im prepared to pay that much but would prefer some assurance that they will be ok seats! Or would it be worth waiting until the Ticketek presale?? Ideally id like to be in a positon where I could go right to the front (wouldnt we all?)

Thanks in advance!
I'm totally in the same boat as you, could some one tell me whether A reserve tickets are any good, Fleetwood Mac is going to be my first concert (i've been saving myself lol) and whether to wait for the ticketek presale on the 2nd or to by from preffered seating.com???
I'm in a total conundrum...

HELP...!!!!!!

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 08-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvasprings View Post
I'm totally in the same boat as you, could some one tell me whether A reserve tickets are any good, Fleetwood Mac is going to be my first concert (i've been saving myself lol) and whether to wait for the ticketek presale on the 2nd or to by from preffered seating.com???
I'm in a total conundrum...

HELP...!!!!!!
A Reserve tickets will be good (they're the best on offer after all ) but there are a couple of things you might want to consider.

The thing that personally bothers me most about the Preferred Seating tickets is that they don't tell you where exactly they are. A Reserve tickets at shows here in Brisbane, for example, often range from the very front row to the very back at the floor. They're generally all fine seats, but it depends on what exactly you're looking for.

Although seating arrangements vary from show to show at the same venue, maybe have a look around on Ticketek/Ticketmaster for some similar shows (ie, all seated, but no weird love seats like Britney Spears) currently on sale for the venue you intend to go to to get an idea about where A Reserve might be. Given that Preferred Seating is also selling Rows 1 to 5 for higher prices, I imagine that tickets purchased through them listed as A Reserve will not be in the first 5 rows. On the other hand, I would imagine (though I'm not certain) that a handful of these seats will be available to the general public at regular prices through Ticketek.

My personal experience with Ticketek pre-sales has also been great in that I've come away with what I was after and sometimes a bit better (4th row for The Who ). I think your chances of getting an A Reserve ticket in the pre-sale (or even the general on-sale) would be quite good. Whether it will be a better A Reserve than one you buy through Preferred Seating though is hard to tell.

So, I suspect that actually wasn't much help to you at all. Sorry! I've never had so many ticket-buying options before, so I can certainly understand your predicament.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and I hope you have a blast. My first concert was Rod Stewart so I think you're off to a far better start than me .
Old 08-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hey everyone!!

I just bought tickets through Preferred Seating for the third or fourth row. WOOOO HOOOO! We booked for the second show in Brisbane, on Wednesday, 16 December. I know the official people say there is now only one show per city, but they’ll be doing second ones. Our Brisbane show is the FINAL show of the whole Australian tour as well, so should be excellent!!!!

For questions about Preferred Seating’s actual seats, well…be careful. For the huge places they’re playing, you could be right up the back on the floor and it’d still be classed as A Reserve. Preferred Seating says that their tickets are sold at a premium because they are EITHER advance access seats (in this case) or they are considered to be so-called “gold class” tickets.

We’ve used them 3 times (and again now), and haven’t been overly impressed. We used them to book Stevie’s solo concert tickets in 2006 in Brisbane, and infuriatingly, upon receiving the tickets (and yes, they don’t tell you what seats you’ve got till right before the concert when they come in the mail), we found they were in Row S. Not exactly amazing for the money we paid for “premium” tickets. We then went online and checked the normal Ticketek sales and found (and this is the infuriating part) that Row G (and who knows what else, this was just the best available) were on sale. ROW G! We couldn’t afford to buy them on top of the lesser tickets we’d already paid for, so put up with Row S.

The last time we used them was for French & Saunders and we got Row ZZ. At first I was appalled at this, but then realised once we arrived that we weren’t right at the back, but rather in the middle. Still not great seats though, but in that case the event was in such high demand, this was considered good.

Anyway, so watch out. This is why we didn’t buy A Reserve. We don’t want to end up in Row S again, you know? We’ve seen Fleetwood Mac before (in 2004) and Stevie when she was here in 2006 (both in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast, where we actually live), and all times we were a bit far back. This time we wanted actual GOOD seats, so we’ve paid the premium for them and guaranteed the goodness. Lol.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hi all,

I rang Preferred Seating the other day to get some more info. I was told that A Reserve can be either floor setas or seats on the first elevation. I certainly dont want to be sat on the first elevation so instead (and based on what iv read here) im gonna wait for the Ticketek pre-sale. Im just hoping il be within the first 10 rows so can make my way to the front!!

And one other thing, does anybody know the maximum number of tickets you can buy from Ticketek? Im taking an entourage of 7 recently converted mac fans with me but am worried we may be sat seperately. Also does the number of tickets you buy affect which row you may get?

Thanks all!

Last edited by goldustboi; 08-25-2009 at 04:26 AM..
Old 08-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ There usually is some limit to the number of tickets you can buy. For most events you can usually purchase up to 10 tickets, but I think sometimes there are lower limits in pre-sales. That info should be up on Ticketek before the pre-sale though, or perhaps it would be worth giving them a ring. You can also usually split your tickets up within that limit - rather than getting 10 seats altogether, for example, you could get two groups of 5.

I can only comment on your second question based on my observations of how Ticketek works, but it does seem to me that the row you get will often be affected by your group size e.g., if there are two seats left in Row 5, and you're trying to get 8 people together, you will go to whatever the next available row is with 8 spare seats (which may not necessarily be Row 6). I figure it's probably much like queuing up for a taxi for 8 people when there's no maxis around - people with smaller groups will end up in a taxi before you because they can be accommodated.

Good luck!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Ledgie

Do any Australian fans know if a password will be required for the presale and where we get it?