Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Just as I suspected.
Well, Mick is more often accused for being full of himself than Chris. It's good that Ken's view puts THAT in perspective.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencaillat View Post
No, we were not particually close. She could be rather arrogant at times. Like if she didn't like the shirt I was wearing she would blurt out
" Ken, what a F@@King stupid shirt you're wearing, then puff on her cig and sip her champagne. But in the studio, musically, she was hard working and professional, like one of the guys. I liked her.
Fabulous! I can hear her saying that!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well, Mick is more often accused for being full of himself than Chris. It's good that Ken's view puts THAT in perspective.
Buck is exactly like we thought he was...

I can imagine those 3 bitches duking it out...
Old 06-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I'll bet they were a handful to deal with. Bob Weston said in his Q and A that by the time of Rumors and right after they were full of themselves and impossible to deal with--a stark contrast with the early days when they were content to be "just musicians."

However, Ken, I am imagining you have some bond with them that goes beyond the professional, "strictly-work" thing--otherwise you wouldn't have been willing to make In the Meantime with Christine...Hopefully she wasn't full of herself during the making of that?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Yes, but MY suspicions were proven.

I know what you mean though. I think that since Mick was so outgoing, putting himself & the band out there, it was assumed by many that he was the egomaniac. Not to say he doesn' thave his moments, but I personally have always felt that he was a bit more down to earth than the other 3, with John being the most "normal." Neither of them strike me as very cocky or full of themselves.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

a couple questions I thought of that haven't already been asked in this thread (as far as I know...)

Who does the hand clapping in "I Don't Want to Know"?

I also want to know about Mick's drums...
Did he tune them himself?
What brand were they?
Did he use different drums for different tracks?

--------------------

and I know the book is about Rumours, but in Sugar Daddy...does anyone notice the car horn right after she says "pick me up in a big fancy car"??
Anyone know the story behind it? whose car? what kind of car? etc.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a question. when the Mac starting working on the songs, and it became apparent that the words were about their relationships, how did everyone react to it? Did they realize it then that the songs were about each other? an example would be when Christine wrote Oh Daddy, did she tell Mick that the song was inspired by him? And since Stevie's words were more obsure, did the others ask her what the songs were about? Also, how was the relationship between Christine and Stevie? Thank you so much Ken for doing this. I can't wait for the book. Have you read Carol Harris' book and if you have, do you think it's very accurate?
Old 07-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Oh, I'll bet they were a handful to deal with. Bob Weston said in his Q and A that by the time of Rumors and right after they were full of themselves and impossible to deal with--a stark contrast with the early days when they were content to be "just musicians."

However, Ken, I am imagining you have some bond with them that goes beyond the professional, "strictly-work" thing--otherwise you wouldn't have been willing to make In the Meantime with Christine...Hopefully she wasn't full of herself during the making of that?
You know, they were pretty good during rumours, pretty normal for musicians. I thought Chris and I were good when I first started Meantime, but she was stopping drinking and smoking and trying to get over the school teacher, and hiding out in Cantebury with her dogs, and I started feeling her eccentricity. I had to leave the room while her dogs ate, and her favorite quote was "I'm not too old to tour, just too rich!" Too bad...I have requested she be interviewed by me for the book, and I got no reply from her or her manager, not even a simple no thank you. I still love my memories of her and the band.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, they were pretty good during rumours, pretty normal for musicians. I thought Chris and I were good when I first started Meantime, but she was stopping drinking and smoking and trying to get over the school teacher, and hiding out in Cantebury with her dogs, and I started feeling her eccentricity. I had to leave the room while her dogs ate, and her favorite quote was "I'm not too old to tour, just too rich!" Too bad...I have requested she be interviewed by me for the book, and I got no reply from her or her manager, not even a simple no thank you. I still love my memories of her and the band.
This happened several years ago already. Meantime came out in 2003, I believe. I hope she's gotten better rather than worse, but the no reply for the interview request doesn't bode well. I wonder if she will show up for any of the London shows now, not that anyone expects her to perform at this stage. Ken, have you secured interviews with the rest of the band? I'm sure we will all be most interested to hear how that goes!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustdrummer View Post
and I know the book is about Rumours, but in Sugar Daddy...does anyone notice the car horn right after she says "pick me up in a big fancy car"??
A similar question was asked of Keith Olsen during his Q&A with this website. Since he produced the white album with the band, he'd be the best source for information. Unfortunately, he couldn't say for sure, but his response suggested the horn was John's idea. Don't know what car horn it was.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Ken,

I missed the memo on this thread and I'm just catching up now. I don't have a question, but I'll try to come up with something intelligent. For now, I'd just like to say thanks for taking to time to post on this board. Your answers provide some treasured insight into the people and music that we know a lot about...but DON'T know a lot about. I'm looking forward to learning more from your book.

Cheers!
Old 07-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I've always wanted to know that too!

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 07-17-2009, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope Ken doesn't mind me answering that one.
The clapping was done by none other than Mr. Elvis Presley.
Although to be honest, they did give Barry a go at it.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:

I've noticed that for years. I've played it for a couple of friends and for some odd reason they say they can't hear it!!! It's obviously there, so why can't they hear it?! I've always loved that about that song. I'd be interested to know what kind of car it is too and who it belonged to, strictly for "useless trivia"s sake!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Too bad...I have requested she be interviewed by me for the book, and I got no reply from her or her manager, not even a simple no thank you. I still love my memories of her and the band.

Yeah, I hate it when 'ya send polite requests or questions to people and they completely blow 'ya off. Makes one feel like a tiny little gnat that's not even worth talking to.