Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey's lesser talked about songs

There are a lot of great Lindsey songs that I find are not talked about as much as they should be.. for instance:

Loving Cup (I absolutely love blasting this song in the car - the synth is so freaking eighties!)
Surrender the Rain (so dreamy and laidback)
This is the Time (it's talked about quite a bit, but that guitar is face melting!)
Street of Dreams (quite possibly Lindsey's darkest song)
Doing What I Can (the guitar reminds me of Big Love)
It Was I (I love singing along with it! The music video is a little 'meh', but I love the song and it's goofy vocals)
I Want You (I can barely understand what he's saying, but I love this song anyway, and that chorus! Catchy! "I want yoooouuuuuuu, I want you right now!")

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 05-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Surrender the Rain and Doing What I Can are two of my fave songs EVER. OOTC and Go Insane were the first albums I bought of Lindsey's when I became a fan in 2001. OOTC blew my mind and Go Insane twisted it. LOL

I enjoy all the songs you listed. I Want You reminds me of a carnival. Loving Cup has some *ahem* interesting lyrics. Heh.

The one song on your list I am not super crazy about is This is the Time. *ducks* I don't hate it or anything, it's just not a fave of mine. The guitar is nuts, I agree. The lyrics are good though.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Doing What I Can was a surprise highlight of the OOTC tour and I'd like to see it again in concert. The studio recording didn't stand out for me, but it came to life in performance and I've loved it ever since.

I like I Want You and Loving Cup too, but I wouldn't campaign for them or anything.

I do like "We fall down, we get up" vs. "I fall down, I get up" (from Family Man). I like to follow that theme and I imagine that it means they did not get back up as a couple. They did not persevere, so then, by the time we get to Tango, he's falling down alone.

I like when Lindsey's songs connect lyrically, even if he doesn't realize he is using the same phrases. To me, it gives each song greater meaning and emphasis.

Michele
Old 05-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"I Want You" is one of my favorite Lindsey songs. It's the perfect choice to capture his whacky really late 70's into the 80's style. I used to play it in college when I lived in the dorm and it would annoy the HELL out of my roommate, which only made it that much more fun. Plus I love the guitar solo, sounds like the guitar's trying to break out of a cage and finally does and runs all around a room like a hyped up dog or something. .... if that makes sense.

I used to like "This is the Time" a lot, until "Come" came around. They really are the exact song structure/rock-out wise and I think "Come" just really works better for that purpose. Literally every time I listen to "Time" I think to myself "you know what? I'm just putting on 'Come'"

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 05-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
There are a lot of great Lindsey songs that I find are not talked about as much as they should be.. for instance:

Loving Cup (I absolutely love blasting this song in the car - the synth is so freaking eighties!)
Surrender the Rain (so dreamy and laidback)
This is the Time (it's talked about quite a bit, but that guitar is face melting!)
Street of Dreams (quite possibly Lindsey's darkest song)
Doing What I Can (the guitar reminds me of Big Love)
It Was I (I love singing along with it! The music video is a little 'meh', but I love the song and it's goofy vocals)
I Want You (I can barely understand what he's saying, but I love this song anyway, and that chorus! Catchy! "I want yoooouuuuuuu, I want you right now!")
Some of these songs you listed are some of my favorites. I think Surrender the Rain is a very sexy song. I love the keyboards/synth on this song. I think it adds such a dream-like effect. Doing What I Can is just an absolute rocker. When I first heard the song, I immediately loved it. The guitar solo is killer. I Want You is just such a fun song. I think it would be a great song to open a concert with.