Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Question for those who have been to a few shows

Have they been letting the first few rows go to the front of the stage for the entire show, or just for GYOW/encores?

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 04-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Have they been letting the first few rows go to the front of the stage for the entire show, or just for GYOW/encores?
If you have a bracelet, you can be there all show.
Otherwise the first few rows come up at I'm So Afraid, I believe.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

last night people went up to the stage when the first song started and stayed there the entire show.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-18-2009, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
last night people went up to the stage when the first song started and stayed there the entire show.
Yes, in Philly, security was none-existent, except when the woman behind me lit up a cigarette.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For MSG, we were told only front row until much later (probably GYOW) and then it was a few rows (although--truthfully, more than front row made it to the front earlier, I think).

For Philly, definitely more than front row. The space in front of my front row seat was "taken" the minute the lights went out and I was forced (poor me!) to stand directly in front of Lindsey;-)

You can imagine my horror, Josh!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
The space in front of my front row seat was "taken" the minute the lights went out and I was forced (poor me!) to stand directly in front of Lindsey;-)

You can imagine my horror, Josh!
LOL. Yes, we should find some kleenex for you. That reminds me how at his UCLA show on the GOS tour we were at the base of the stage and my friend said it got kind of awkward for her having to look up at him all night because (1) it made her neck hurt and,(2) "it was like I was staring straight up at his crotch."

Michele
Old 04-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In Cleveland last night, like the first 4 rows were up at the stage right from the beginning of the show.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
LOL. Yes, we should find some kleenex for you. That reminds me how at his UCLA show on the GOS tour we were at the base of the stage and my friend said it got kind of awkward for her having to look up at him all night because (1) it made her neck hurt and,(2) "it was like I was staring straight up at his crotch."

Michele

I know the feeling.
I was searching for visible underwear lines on him the other night because those pants are quite form-fitting and there is a natural curiosity (I'm SO full of it;-)

I didn't want to get caught but I'm pretty sure he's well-aware of where those eyes are wandering. Maybe that's why he always has that smirk on his face;-)
Old 04-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Junior Ledgie

In the Philly Show there were no bracelets. I had tickets in the second row with my boyfriend and we stood at the stage from before the show started.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:31 AM
Ledgie

I logged on tonight to ask this very question!

How/when do people in the front row usually approach the stage? Do they walk on up upon arrival, slowly gather, rush up when the lights go down?

I've heard about a "cricket sound" being played....?

What bracelets? Where do you get them? Is this their only purpose?

Sorry to ask so much, but this tour will be my first Mac show, and I'm beside myself with excitement! I humbly ask all you experts for advice.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The people in the front row can approach the stage whenever they feel like. Just come in. Take off your coat and camp out at the front stage if you like. The people several rows back are usually allowed up by security later in the show. I don't know exactly what song that would be on. But in a concerted move, the security guards just stop guarding. They move away from the aisles and let the people pass through --well, they try to restrict it to a certain number of rows, but usually, once some people start coming up, the determined can get up there too, even from farther back.

The cricket sound is played just before the show when the lights first go down.

Michele
Old 04-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It really depends on the venue I think- but last night the first three rows could watch from the stage!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Ledgie

Thanks, guys. Does this seem to be the general method at all venues?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It depends on the venue. In Chicago, they let the first two rows up after ISA. Last night, I didn't see them stop anyone from going up, right from the beginning. You know though, it really pisses me off when someone has ****ty seats and sneaks down to the front and stands in front of people who either paid a lot of money for their seats or worked really hard to get them.

If anyone tried to stand in front of me, other than the people who paid for the seats in front of me, I would tell them to get the hell out of my way.

I had first row in Chicago and when they let people up, some people were trying to push in front of me. I don't think so. Have some respect. I didn't even leave my second row seat last night. To begin with, I wasn't going to go stand in front of someone who had first row seats. Also, my view was better because there was nobody in my line of sight and I didn't have to fight with the swarm of people in front of the stage.

So, if you really want to be up, try to get tickets up there. That's my advice.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
It depends on the venue. In Chicago, they let the first two rows up after ISA. Last night, I didn't see them stop anyone from going up, right from the beginning. You know though, it really pisses me off when someone has ****ty seats and sneaks down to the front and stands in front of people who either paid a lot of money for their seats or worked really hard to get them.

If anyone tried to stand in front of me, other than the people who paid for the seats in front of me, I would tell them to get the hell out of my way.

I had first row in Chicago and when they let people up, some people were trying to push in front of me. I don't think so. Have some respect. I didn't even leave my second row seat last night. To begin with, I wasn't going to go stand in front of someone who had first row seats. Also, my view was better because there was nobody in my line of sight and I didn't have to fight with the swarm of people in front of the stage.

So, if you really want to be up, try to get tickets up there. That's my advice.
yep I have to agree with all of this........ although I know this has been a sore subject in the past....... Lindsey actually gave us a dirty look at one show for calling security and having someone taken out of their front row seat that belonged to someone else at a SYW show........ sorry I paid big bucks to have my seat and not have someone standing in front of me that snuck up there......... aw well.......

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!