The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

not the best but at least its something, HA!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2uh4jsx_th.jpg (3.0 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 2uxwndd_th.jpg (3.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 2w4mszm_th.jpg (3.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 4lmw0p_th.jpg (2.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 6gg5dg_th.jpg (3.5 KB, 62 views)
Old 03-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

This concert was absolutely AMAZING!!!

Storms alone was worth the price of admission. She really really nailed it. Gold Dust Woman was wonderful too!!

I agree about the lack of interaction between Stevie and Lindsay that someone else commented on, but they did sing the end of storms beautifully together.

Lindsay was UNBELIEVABLE!!!! MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! This man is incredible!! He gave everything tonight!! I have never been so impressed by any performance. I was floored by him!! My friend, who has never paid attention to guitar players in the past, is planning to leave her boyfriend of 9 years, and her two dalmations, to follow him around

I had an incredible time!! In a word - WOW!!!!!

I cannot wait to see them again!!

Last edited by 1sttimelongtime; 03-02-2009 at 12:31 AM..
Old 03-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
It might have just been opening night jitters.
That's what I think.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How full did the arena look?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

few more, there is one of me in there as well incase you all wanted to know what i look like, LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ilda8n_th.jpg (3.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg r0494w_th.jpg (3.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg xn4ynn_th.jpg (2.1 KB, 49 views)
Old 03-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The place was packed! If not a sell out it was real close
Old 03-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much for your review and pictures. I'm glad that it was a blast and let's all join in wishing the Mac a rockin tour...
Old 03-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Last one of Lindsey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hot2.jpg (4.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 03-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got in from the show, here are some thoughts...

The setlist - well, what can you say? I was not totally surprised about anything in there and of course, share the disappointment that some of my fellow ledgies have with no "Sisters of the Moon." But, there were some great songs and the subtle changes to the order of the set were refreshing.

Monday Morning - this is great as an opener. I really loved the quick intro into such a great song to start the show. If I'm not mistaken, this was the first time it has been played since August 1980?

The Chain - excellent. Sometimes I just wish John's bass solo would be a bit longer. It seems that as soon as everyone is getting into John's groove, Lindsey and then Mick have joined right back in.

Dreams - Predictible set location. I noticed some high notes from Stevie that I hadn't heard in some time during this one (of course, I remembered that, but if you asked me exactly where they were, I couldn't tell you right now)

I Know I'm Not Wrong - some idiots in my row had to go to the bathroom and get food for themselves at the beginning when they realized they didn't know this one. This is a great song and is a lot of fun, I'm really glad it's become a staple.

Gypsy - nothing noteworthy, not bad but nothing out of the ordinary

Go Insane - seemed sped up from Lindsey's solo tour, no Stevie on this one, similar to the album version. I was surprised at the number of people who knew the words and beat.

Rhiannon - hit several high notes, nailed the ending! Same arrangement as SYW tour. Still think they could do more to toughen up this song a la the '75-'82 days.

Second Hand News - Lindsey did a little intro to this saying it was one of the first songs recorded for the Rumours album, and then talked a brief bit about the album and how well the songs have held up throughout the years.

Tusk - very different from other Mac shows and highly reminiscient of Lindsey's solo outings of late

Sara - so nice to have this one back full time

Big Love - yeah, from a setlist standpoint it's gotten old but I can't possibly tire of seeing Mr. Buckingham's fingers bluring while tearing that guitar up. The word impressive doesn't do his performance here any justice.

Landslide - nice version, the end was a little messed up and Stevie "scolded" the audience for almost allowing her and LB to miss their queue. If I'm not mistaken, she missed the "well maybe" before "the Landslide will bring it down" parts at the end. Plus, there seemed to be an extended amount of "the landslide will bring it down"....I think it repeated 5 times before the song ended.

NGBA - just Stevie and Lindsey on this one, very reminiscient of the old days, stripped down from the SYW tour. Lindsey doing a lot of the little whispering vocals on this one that remind me of the 1980 live album.

Storms - Stevie did a similar to "Beautiful Child" introduction to this one. Mick was out behind a little kit. They nailed this one. Her voice is really holding up great throughout this show.

Say You Love Me - well this was different. Very unlike The Dance, but still somewhat stripped down. Mick behind the kit still, Stevie taking the first verse (Have mercy baby, on a poor GIRL like me...), switching on and off with Lindsey. It was down a key but I thought it did Christine's song justice. It was nice to have back.

Gold Dust Woman - she really nailed the wail in this one...not Dance DVD level, but it sounded better than the '03-'04 versions.

Oh Well - I LOVED this song - it almost made the entire show for me. He nailed it. His vocals, the guitar work, Mick's drumming, John's bass....all incredible. This must remain in any Fleetwood Mac concert going forward.

I'm So Afraid - this was arranged differently, plus it seemed a bit messed up in the beginning. I think Mick started drumming the intro to Stand Back, Lindsey shot a look, and then all went silent for 5 seconds. Next thing we go into this softer quieter version of ISA. I'm fairly certain this was the same arrangement as LB's solo tour. His guitar solo was out of control. Standing ovation.

Stand Back - no drum intro, just a rollicking version. Also, the false ending where the song starts back up and then winds down (I think this has been done on Stevie's solo tours in the late 80's early 90's and then on her most recent tours)....it was great

Go Your Own Way - It too, along with ISA and Tusk, were arranged verrry similarly to Lindsey's recent solo tours. I'm not sure what I think about this yet. The solo was awesome but I am not positive what I think of the verses done this way. It is a subtle change but it's noticeable.

World Turning - Mick stayed behind the drums for his solo. Okay, who wasn't crossing their fingers to hear the opening chords of Sisters of the Moon at this point? Of course, it was not meant to be. World Turning is an odd choice for the first encore but it gets Mick his solo time and apparently it works.

Don't Stop - Okay, Stevie is still changing words. Eh...I'd rather they drop this altogether in favor of another Chris song - but I guess this song has achieved a status that it will always be played.

Silver Springs - this did surprise me. Not that it was played at all, but that it was the final encore. I saw and heard glimpses of the Dance version in tonight's performance. I would rank what I heard above the SYW arrangement/performance, but below the Dance Tour.

Other notes:

**Love the annoying man behind me who announced that about 90% of the songs were on the "'76 album...from back in 1976." After he said "Big Love" was from '76 I almost turned around and punched him. They left during the end of the solo of "Go YOur Own Way" to "beat the traffic." He also felt the need to say "Go Pens (Penguins)" about every 10 seconds until midway through Gypsy his wife told him to shut the **** up!

**I didn't see very many, if any, empty seats. The city was packed, traffic was backed up all over the place beforehand, and the Arena was rocking. Nice crowd, very energetic.

**Stevie at 60 looks amazing. I'd like to find a girl who is 28 that looks as good as she does. I'm not sure what she has done since the last Mac outing, but she looks years younger.

**Okay, I'm disappointed that no SOTM, or the continued lack of representation of the MIrage and Tango in the Night albums. I was really hoping for something else off of Tango now. Either the title track itself, or Little Lies, or Seven Wonders. Plus, I really really really thought that Hold Me would be a possibility as a "Christine song".....oh well, maybe next time!!

That's all I have for now..I'm sure I'll think of more. Really hope someone taped tonight's show!!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

your so welcome, i feel bad the pics arent that great. I dont have any pics from any FM tour so I really wanted some good ones tonight. I was going to make a collage of the photos from the show with all of my concert stubs. Oh well.
Oh so listen to this, at the end of the show I asked the guy from the crew to give me a guitar pick and he throws it to me and it bounces off my hand and lands on a speaker and some dude grabbed it and took it. I yelled to the crew guy to throw me another one but he didnt throw that one far enough and it landed by the microphone. I asked the security guy if I could step on his chair to get it but he wouldnt let me. What a jerkoff. I just wanted the damm pick and then I would have been gone. Oh well.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Just got in from the show, here are some thoughts...
Excellent review Thanks so much. Even though we are disappointed about SOTM it sounds like it was still a great show.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
**Love the annoying man behind me who announced that about 90% of the songs were on the "'76 album...from back in 1976." After he said "Big Love" was from '76 I almost turned around and punched him. They left during the end of the solo of "Go YOur Own Way" to "beat the traffic." He also felt the need to say "Go Pens (Penguins)" about every 10 seconds until midway through Gypsy his wife told him to shut the **** up!

Dontcha just love idiots at concerts?
Old 03-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Dontcha just love idiots at concerts?
They are the best! His singing was top notch too. "THUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDERRRRRRRRR ONLY HAPPPPPPNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS".....of course, he carried those words out so long that as he finished saying "happens" Stevie, along with the rest of the Arena, were singing "players only love you."

He also compared Lindsey's guitar work after ISA to Jimmy Page and felt obligated to yell out freaking "FREEBIRD!" before Monday Morning started. Seriously, this guy was like having the quintiscential concert idiot behind me, including the ever so cliched yelling out of Freebird when it was quiet.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
They are the best! His singing was top notch too. "THUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDERRRRRRRRR ONLY HAPPPPPPNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS".....of course, he carried those words out so long that as he finished saying "happens" Stevie, along with the rest of the Arena, were singing "players only love you."
OMG.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like he downed a 12-pack before entering the arena. I admire your restraint, I would have told him to stfu long before his wife did.