The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:59 PM

I love FM... Don't really like the current FM... thought about buying tickets one last time... but I decided not to..

1. I have to be careful where I spend my money as the economy keeps getting worse I get more and more careful. 300-500 bucks for two tickets.. thats a lot of grocercies, car repair money, utilities, gasoline etc... to blow in two hours for the same songs that keep getting worse... no thanks... ridiculous in fact.

2. Don't need to hear another song live from Rumours ever again... unless it's I Don't Wanna Know, Oh Daddy, or Songbird

3. This band is just tired... As much as I love them... If you unleash them... the won't run very far... so no leash is needed...

4. They'll release a DVD of the tour.. for 20 bucks I can play it in my living room without paying for gas parking and... I'll see the set list which I will say again... no thanks...

Rather sit back and listen to my GOS album... it was a Great Day..
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Putting tickets on-sale just prior to Christmas - especially during a recession - is foolish, but I expect there will be an upswing in sales after the New Year.

By the way, Billboard has revealed the year-end stats for all charts.
Here is the chart for top tours, which also provides how many attended, tickets available, number of sell-outs...

Top tours: 1) Bon Jovi. 2) Bruce Springsteen 3) Madonna. 4) Police. 5) Celine Dion. 6) Kenny Chesney. 7) Neil Diamond. 8) Spice Girls. 9) Eagles. 10) Rascal Flatts. 11) Vanhalen.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/yeare...25-tours.shtml
Old 12-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

whats even funnier is this is the band that was so worried that nobody would pay for a double album in '03 because people are trying to put kids through college etc etc etc

How about some of that logic NOW...especially with the economy.

What really fried my dumpling..... 79-80.00 for the nosebleed seats in the first 5-10 rows. That's BS. Nosebleeds are nosebleeds. All upper level seats should be one price, lower bowl another, and floor seats another. Plain and simple.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
When was Rod supposed to appear there?
May 9, 2007. I think. I might still have the tickets. They were suppose to be my wife's birthday present.

Last edited by SNicksed; 12-17-2008 at 03:23 PM..
Old 12-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
But, you know, there is the whole winter with the threat of massive amounts of snow which brings cities to their knees thing.
You make a good point there. This isn't the SYW tour where it was May. I have to remember that I will be traveling EAST in March when I daydream about flying to some of the early shows. The best laid plans of mice and men must submit to Mother Nature.

Michele
Old 12-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You make a good point there. This isn't the SYW tour where it was May. I have to remember that I will be traveling EAST in March when I daydream about flying to some of the early shows. The best laid plans of mice and men must submit to Mother Nature.

Michele
I'm glad youre still planning on going to some of those shows. I though about the whole weather thing when I made my plans, but I want to go see them and the threat of bad weather isnt going to stop me.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I'm glad youre still planning on going to some of those shows. I though about the whole weather thing when I made my plans, but I want to go see them and the threat of bad weather isnt going to stop me.
You're a trooper!! I wish you safe travels... It can be fun in the winter...
Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's not a question of whether it will stop you. It's a question of whether it will stop things in the city you are traveling in. And, of that, you have absolutely no control of whatsoever. You may have the pioneer spirit. The city you are going to may not. At all.

I have seen NY City at a practical standstill due to snow that Buffalo natives would laugh at. So, yeah, I'm hesitating about forking over big money, finding out that...oh, my Amtrak connection is 8 hours late and the concert is 5 hours away...and then eating the ticket money because no one will refund money for a concert that they may manage to play. Or, on the other hand, the concert itself could be cancelled because of closed roads or something and their trucks/buses/planes not making it to the venue on time and I'm stuck traveling somewhere--again, paying money for hotels and trains.

It's not such a simple thing. That's why I've really got to curb my enthusiasm (and I am enthusiastic about the tour) and just stay local till they do something late spring/summer).
Old 12-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All I'm saying is that I could've heard the Time band do every song the band will be doing this time around and pay no more than $35. Yeah, having Ian & Sylvia back has been a good thing...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

If my show is cancelled, I wil NEVER buy another album. I will never buy another ticket. I will ebay my stuff. Forget that. The people who spent BIG BUCKS deserve a BIG SHOW! Not everyone has this kind of money and that is just another sign of the times, but... If we who, did match the price, have a ticket, DO NOT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US. I support the Mac and always have, but I will be heartbroken.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

now i have checked on ticketmaster for mohegan show there is no floor seats available at all lower level and upper levels only but i want to say i am sure they didnt sell all of the floor seats but it says when you click to order tickets it says some tickets may not be available in certain sections unless they are holding the whole floor for the vip and high rollers and radio winners. not sure. but no floor seats are coming up for mohegan unless it is sold i am impressed with the prices that the whole floor is sold out or they are just holding those tickets as it gets closer to show
Old 12-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNicksed View Post
May 9, 2007. I think. I might still have the tickets. They were suppose to be my wife's birthday present.
hi steve,
how is everything i can't believe how awesome seats are available for the albany show are they advertising the show alot? I havent seen or heard an advertisement about fleetwood mac playing the mohegan sun arena only on the radio station i was listening too was giving them away for the whole week a pair each day and I did win a pair and can't wait i tell ya looking forward to the show. i hope none of these shows get cancelled due to the depression we are heading into i think this recession is bigger than we are realizing its crazy.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wouldn't let it deter me either, but they may cancel flights if things are too bad, so I wouldn't have a choice.

Michele
Old 12-18-2008, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't had the chance to read all the responses to this thread, but I do want to say that I am disappointed they are asking so much for their tickets. Fleetwood Mac is wonderful, sure, but they just don't have that pull anymore. Not even with Stevie. And it's a pretty horrid economy. I think they should have been a bit more reasonable with the prices, but that's just how I feel.

I of course want to see them. If Lindsey was touring with Sesame Street Live I'd see him. That's just the love coming out. But dang, they're greedy little biotches.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 12-18-2008 at 02:07 AM..
Old 12-18-2008, 02:16 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
If Lindsey was touring with Sesame Street Live I'd see him.
Shoot, I saw Sesame Street Live when I was 5 without the great LB, and it still ranks in my top 10 live music experiences. ;-)

I have, however, noticed that other dates (not just Albany) seem to be opening up better seats already - searches for the Pittsburgh date are getting progressively closer to the stage. The first day, I could only turn up nosebleeds with repeated searches, but today, I got several Igloos to turn up in a row (Igloo seats are club seats in the Mellon Arena).

I wonder if, rather than just pitching all of the ILAA packages that don't sell back into the general pool, they'll lower the price on some of them - still get the goodies and the M&G, just not at the sell-both-kidneys prices.

I already have tickets to Toronto, but I would like to make Pittsburgh, too, if possible.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''