Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Apparently she's not alone.

ETA: Yeah, but has he ever dragged her down a driveway with a car. . . by her hair?
Probably. CAH devoted two paragraphs to it in her book, so I know it's true.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Probably. CAH devoted two paragraphs to it in her book, so I know it's true.
I know it is...i wouldn't put anything past Lindsey. He threw Stevie up against a car and practically chocked her, and that's mild compared to the CAH incident.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I think she should haul out in a red cape during the solo in, say, GYOW and dance her ass off, twirling from one end of the stage to the other.

Let's see whose thunder is stolen then

What she does instead is leave the stage and let him have his moments, which he deserves.

As for LB producing her, I think he, though brilliant in other ways, mostly has lost the touch. I did not like what he did for her on SYW for the most part, save, perhaps, for GB. She, on the other hand greatly enhanced his songs, like the vocal in Miranda, which is just way cool. Many say she ruined Peacekeeper. I agree the solo version is 10 times better than the SYW one, but I cannot say for sure La Nicks is the one who changed the key, etc. But, if that is so, then, yes, she ruined it.
Couldn't have said it better myself Jason.

BTW, message me sometime! I'd love to reconnect! Did you see about my mom?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

ETA: Yeah, but has he ever dragged her down a driveway with a car. . . by her hair?
Maybe Lindsey should drag her down the driveway with a car, so long as he takes a tape recorder. That way we could find out if she can still hit the highs like she used to.

That was mean wasn't it?
Old 07-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Maybe Lindsey should drag her down the driveway with a car, so long as he takes a tape recorder. That way we could find out if she can still hit the highs like she used to.

That was mean wasn't it?
Thank you! My joke, apparently, wasn't funny. But you mined comic gold out of it!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Apparently she's not alone.

No - but I am sure he's wanted to and if he did, there might be applause in the LB forum

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If there is a performance of ms. nicks ever breaking a true rocknroll sweat, I would love to see it.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
If there is a performance of ms. nicks ever breaking a true rocknroll sweat, I would love to see it.

Um - Sisters of the Moon - Mirage tour is a good example

Old 07-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Um - Sisters of the Moon - Mirage tour is a good example
26 years ago...she didn't seem all that sweaty to me
Old 07-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
26 years ago...she didn't seem all that sweaty to me
Get glasses.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I fail to see why Stevie would even want to be involved with Fleetwood Mac in any project anymore. Everything the band has done to her has been bad. They basically took away her life for the better part of 30 years and made it so she could never have an off day much less get married and have children.
Matt
I can't see why she would want to be involved with FM anymore either but to say eveything the band has done to her is bad is absurd and very insulting to Stevie. Did she have no free will? No mind of her own? If she had really wanted to get married and have a family she could have done.

There is no doubt that the introduction of Stevie and Lindsey propelled an average band to Supergroup status but by the same token they weren't exactly setting the charts alight at the time were they?

Gail
Old 07-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Get glasses.
bwahhaaa That's what I'd say to your last date!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I can't see why she would want to be involved with FM anymore either but to say eveything the band has done to her is bad is absurd and very insulting to Stevie. Did she have no free will? No mind of her own? If she had really wanted to get married and have a family she could have done.

There is no doubt that the introduction of Stevie and Lindsey propelled an average band to Supergroup status but by the same token they weren't exactly setting the charts alight at the time were they?

Gail
The statement about everything that Fleetwood Mac has done to her as being bad were taken from John McVie himself, but I definitely agree with him. Stevie has said many times that being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the Army and you can't take an off day. *rolling eyes* Yeah, right. My point is, she has taken very little responsibility for her own decisions of not getting married and having children and chalks it up to being sacrifices for the band. Because there's no possible way Fleetwood Mac could have survived without her. *rolling eyes again* Funny, I've never heard Miss McVie bellyache about how she had to sacrifice her entire life and possibly having a family of her own for the very same band for an even longer period of time.

What does this have to do with Lindsey? Well, look at what's going on with Fleetwood Mac now, and who do you think is the one who's wanting another producer other than LB and Sheryl Cow to participate? Maybe Fleetwood Mac would have never attained the star status they would have without Stevie, but it's too bad Lindsey didn't leave her when he had the chance in 1975.

Matt
Old 07-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . My point is, she has taken very little responsibility for her own decisions of not getting married and having children and chalks it up to being sacrifices for the band. . . . .
FOUL -- she has repeatedly said it was her choice and she is at peace with it. She went on about how being a great aunt was good enough for her. She also notes that many of the women in the same boat as her made the same choice.

Maybe you missed those 100 or so articles over the last ten years

Who knows - maybe you just are sick of hearing her talk about her scrifices. But, that does not lessen them. And, people are always asking her that question. What's she supposed to do, rudely say "I AM NOT ANSWERING THAT QUESTION ANYMORE"

Quote:
. . . but it's too bad Lindsey didn't leave her when he had the chance in 1975 . . . .
Actually, she left him becuase allegedly he wanted to marry her and she did not want to marry him (hence his line "packin up - shakin up's all you wanna do") -- But, had he left her and FM (or never joined) in 1975 - it is likely we may never have heard of him in any significant way. They all needed FM to get stardom. True, La Nicks and her ambition went way beyond that. But, without FM to propell her who knows what would have happened. I personally think she was too ambitious, talented, pretty, and eyecathing on stage to go unnoticed for long. But, the reality is FM made her.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 07-14-2008 at 12:15 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on, Lindsey can start sweating just walking on stage. Hopefully he

wears exrta deodorant so those onstage with him are'nt suffering.

Stevie is a lady so she does'nt sweat she perspires.

Seriously though what is the big deal if Fleetwood Mac have another

producer on board? Lindsey looked pretty frazzled in the DR doc and being

married with children seems to be aging him quickly. So maybe it will be good

for him. I think a new producer could bring a fresh approach to the music

and take some of the stress and pressure out of the recording sessions.