The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
The oil is solid at lower temperatures, so that's how she does it.

I think maintenance is generous. I mean, I can't go nuts & eat as much as I want of whatever I want, but I've been eating whatever I want all along just in smaller portions. I don't drink any less than usual on WW either, to be honest.

Thank you, new WW spokeswoman.

^ Exactly!^

http://www.healthyweightforum.org/en...tchers_points/

When you're on the plan, your points/calories are determined by your age, sex, height, weight, daily activity, etc. so it's different for each individual. I think when I was in the weight loss phase, it was a base of (I'm estimating here) approx. 1200 calories per day (21-22 points), plus the extra weekly allowance points (probably another 1500-1800 calories) to use however you want during the week. If I know I'm going to drink that weekend, I save most of those extra points for that. If I'm going out to eat that week, I'll use them for that. If I'm a loser & have nothing planned, I can use a few extra points each day for a treat - or I don't have to use any at all. Plus, if you exercise, you get between 1 & 5 extra points that day depending on how strenuously you worked out.

On maintenance I get 23 points, plus the 35 extra weekly points, plus 1 - 5 extra for exercise. I'm really not hungry, and I've basically trained myself to eat healthier automatically, and to adjust my meals so that if I eat a large breakfast, I have a smaller lunch & dinner.

Okay, but what do you mean she rolls the oil? It's not like dough. Do you mean she gets caplet shells and puts the oil in the caplet? Or do you mean she slices out a pill size chunk and swallows it at once like a pill?

Anyways - Okay, so I quickly did the math, and now it is around 15-1600 calories a day. Not counting exercise. That isn't too bad, I'm usually a little closer to 1800-2200 when I eat normally. So that makes sense. That seems like a pretty good maintenance number, and I wouldn't feel bad if I went over sometimes and stuff, since it is a bit on the low side (IMO).
Cool!!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ She said she rolls it. I suppose she meant she take a chunk out of the jar, molds it into pill form & swallows it.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
^ She said she rolls it. I suppose she meant she take a chunk out of the jar, molds it into pill form & swallows it.
yeah, the taste is pretty...overwhelming. I put mine into a bit of plain, bitter coffee, then suck it down with a straw real fast without smelling. It almost tastes normal in coffee that bitter. Yay.

So, I started last Wed. at 161 (yipe!) which probably included some post Chico alcoholic bloat, and this morning I weighed 153. I weighed about 147 ish when you and Jaz visited. I would die of happiness if I was down to 140 by June 30.
Unfortunately, I had to have some non veggie carbs yesterday, and may today as well. I ran out of food, except lettuce and salad dressing, so I ate some free pizza that the office got yesterday, and then a bit of popcorn last night (one of the two foods left in my house). The pizza was healthy - type, and I only had two pieces, but it was on bread. Overall I still had a very low calorie count yesterday.

I'll be back on South Beach tomorrow after I get paid, though. And my progress is good so far. I hope I won't insanely crave bad carbs now that I've had a taste of the forbidden. I also hope there is more free food around today.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 06-06-2007 at 10:27 AM..
Old 06-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
that's awesome. keep it up.

I'm down another 1.2 pounds with about 4 to goal. then, I gotta get serious about toning up.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
^^^
that's awesome. keep it up.

I'm down another 1.2 pounds with about 4 to goal. then, I gotta get serious about toning up.
awesome yourself. Wow, serious about toning up? It seems to me you've been exercising your ass off. I guess you want those nice, slightly poofed up manly muscles. mmmm....
I guess you've been doing more cardio than weights?

Old 06-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
awesome yourself. Wow, serious about toning up? It seems to me you've been exercising your ass off. I guess you want those nice, slightly poofed up manly muscles. mmmm....
I guess you've been doing more cardio than weights?
yep. I do cardio 3-4 times a week and weights only like 2. but you're right, I am exercising my ass off.

this has been my inspiration picture this past year

but maybe not quite as muscular
Old 06-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
yep. I do cardio 3-4 times a week and weights only like 2. but you're right, I am exercising my ass off.

this has been my inspiration picture this past year

but maybe not quite as muscular

I don't think he's too muscular at all. Very defined, but I would put him on the slim/medium side of muscly. Certainly not bulky, IMO.

That's been my inspiration, too. As in, if I lose weight, maybe I can date that guy....

Old 06-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to brag (OK, to brag) but I have to add more points to my WW maintenance plan since I just lost another pound & a half. That puts me at 1.5 pounds les than my goal, and a total loss of 20.5 pounds. AND it's after a week where I splurged on a free gourmet dinner & desserts and Aunt Flo is visiting (that whore.) What can I say, my body is now a fat burning machine, I can't control it.

No, really though, I'm glad I can have more food, obviously. It's tricky balancing the points out week to week now that it's summer, what with all the cookouts & picnics & beer drinking there is to be done. But I'm determined to do it. As long as I keep up my exercise routine, hopefully I'll be OK.

How's everyone doing? You South Beachers still resisting the carb urge? Jimmy - I got stuck this week on the Cto5K plan - I'm in week 3, and I've been doing great. But for some reason yesterday, I got a massive cramp in my side/abdomen in the middle of the 5 minute jog. I get cramps occasionally, but nothing like this - I was ready to double over. So I walked for about 5 minutes, then tried a 3 minutes jog & 90 second walk etc., and I was finally able to go to a 5 minute jog at the end. But it was really bad - maybe I wasn't breathing right, or I was too dehydrated or something.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Southbeach is going ok. it gets harder and harder to stay away from sugar and white flour and carbs...but Tuesday is the last day for Phase 1 and it can't come soon enough. I'm still about 3 lbs from my goal and it's frustrating me that I haven't lost anymore since my initial lose on this diet where you're supposed to lose 8-10 lbs in Phase 1. argh.

I have been working out 5 times a week hard...last night I did a 50 minute boot camp on FitTV...1 minute of cardio followed by 1 minute of some sort of strength training. put that on repeat for 50 minutes. yeah, it about kicked my ass.

I was told today "don't lose anymore weight" - wtf? how am I supposed to react to that? I just smiled and walked on.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Holy crap! Sounds like quite the workout! And take the compliment...as a compliment! It's obvious people have noticed you've lost weight & they think you look perfect now. You're close to goal, so lose those couple more pounds cuz they're bugging you & be done with it. Don't mess with perfection, babay.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel the need to correct a previous posting error. I didn't cramp up during week 3 of the C to 5K program, it was the last day of week 4. I did the first day for week 5 yesterday & I was fine. In case you all were concerned.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Did you see anybody being concerned?

Lost 2 more pounds the last week and a half. I ordered a Pilates set, need to work on one or two problem areas.

I just had a chocolate toffee crunch cookie. My sister bought them earlier and they just laid there, staring at me, begging me to take one.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not to brag (OK, to brag) but I have to add more points to my WW maintenance plan since I just lost another pound & a half. That puts me at 1.5 pounds les than my goal, and a total loss of 20.5 pounds. AND it's after a week where I splurged on a free gourmet dinner & desserts and Aunt Flo is visiting (that whore.) What can I say, my body is now a fat burning machine, I can't control it.

No, really though, I'm glad I can have more food, obviously. It's tricky balancing the points out week to week now that it's summer, what with all the cookouts & picnics & beer drinking there is to be done. But I'm determined to do it. As long as I keep up my exercise routine, hopefully I'll be OK.

How's everyone doing? You South Beachers still resisting the carb urge? Jimmy - I got stuck this week on the Cto5K plan - I'm in week 3, and I've been doing great. But for some reason yesterday, I got a massive cramp in my side/abdomen in the middle of the 5 minute jog. I get cramps occasionally, but nothing like this - I was ready to double over. So I walked for about 5 minutes, then tried a 3 minutes jog & 90 second walk etc., and I was finally able to go to a 5 minute jog at the end. But it was really bad - maybe I wasn't breathing right, or I was too dehydrated or something.
LMAO...Aunt Flo. Still spreadin her legs.

I didn't realize you lost that much weight Paula. Twenty pounds is so awesome!! Congrats, Im so happy for you. I had a bad weekend food-wise, but I'm back on track.

I will say though, I am now able to run 25 minutes straight and make it 2.5 miles (Yes Paula you will have to do this).
Old 06-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
awesome.

I'm still stuck in this damn rut. I'm in Phase 2 of Southbeach and that makes life SO much better and easier. I'm trying to let go of the number on the scale and focus on getting more definition and a smaller waist in inches.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Started to walk longer distances to get my health in check...Gonna quit the cigs when the current pack runs out to help with my health issues (Besides the headaches have returned ue to the excessive humidity in the air)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."