User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
What I meant is that the accusation of direct insult seems to be that Carrie was calling Chris a horse's ass. And I thought that's what you meant.
Right - I think - I am confused

I need some more pie. In fact, I may eat the whole thing
Old 03-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
It would be hard to enforce and always open to protests but the Moderators decision should be final. Like it or leave.
Yes, that is how it is supposed to work.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . I'm more concerned about the casual viewer and the children browsing that don't get the "in" jokes or are offended by the language and innuendo. I'm sure there are many members here that would be horrified if their kids read some of the posts on the boards.
But, I think some of it is hysterical.

Maybe an 18 or older warning would suffice
Old 03-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post

I'm going to go have drinks....I think this discussion has played itself out.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Whose eating pie?

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post

I'm going to go have drinks....I think this discussion has played itself out.
If I were there, we'd have a LARGE cocktail and then head out to a seedy strip bar and consume more!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss View Post
Whose eating pie?
There were no kittens in my pie Mrs. Lovett!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Yep...

Quote:
I'm an old member now, dating back to 2001, which in cyber terms is ancient, in fact I would say the average posting life on here is about 5 years
there's not many of us fossils left on here...Seems when some reach that 5 year mark *POOF* they simply disappear.

Christy (Who I see as a younger sister) & Pattie simply went *POOF* and that is sad to see. I miss reading their views here in Ledgie-land.

Brian "A 'dinosaur' roaming on a 'dinosaur' band's website - Guess I'm a tricertops " j.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
there's not many of us fossils left on here...Seems when some reach that 5 year mark *POOF* they simply disappear.

Christy (Who I see as a younger sister) & Pattie simply went *POOF* and that is sad to see. I miss reading their views here in Ledgie-land.

Brian "A 'dinosaur' roaming on a 'dinosaur' band's website - Guess I'm a tricertops " j.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
If I were there, we'd have a LARGE cocktail and then head out to a seedy strip bar and consume more!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
My reasoning? I want to. Is the periodic LINDSEYLINDSEYLINDSEY post troublesome for you?
I know this was directed towards chuck, but I'll answer also-no. Since it's been closed.

First off. I find it overly hypocritical for a message board where over half of it's members (including mods) take every opportunity to "stick it to the man" or buck the system when it comes to our president, but when it comes down to it here, it's all "oh...you must respect my authority". Granted, I don't like Mr. Bush just like you guys don't. Then there are certain mods I don't like But you tell me (and everyone) you are the ones in power and we just have to deal with it. I'll make sure to use that arguement next time I hear a bush rant.

Second. I am deeply saddened by the fact suze has resigned as moderator. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you, suze and I wish you wouldn't leave as moderator, but I understand as well.

third. Most of the signature concept came out of im. carrie told me what happened. I said if they thought a picture of horse's teeth would be disgusting, I wonder what would be thought of a horse's ass. in addition to that, many people followed suit just by seeing the sig. I admit, I sent out a few pm's and here is the UNedited version of one, for you strand. I'm sorry, I only have one since I went through and cleaned house on my pm box that night.

hey the reason I am pm'ing you is because of our signatures

carrie posted a pic this morning of the horse's mouth and was asked to remove it by chris. Ridiculous.

so then she started the "so sorry" thread, apologizing for offending anyone. according to chris, it was gross and everyone would be offended

so. the apology thread got deleted Imagine that.
so we are putting the below picture in our sig. you can add your own caption. that is, if you want
anyway. if not. hope you're doing well

actually, it IS edited, because when I copied/pasted it, it removed smilies. I also edited the word "offended" because I had a typo.

no where does it say..."hey..we are calling chris a horse's ass" . I can't vouch for all 12 people (was it 12?? I can't keep track) and their reasoning for putting it in their sig. Some people, I'm sure, were putting it in there for that. Others just thought the whole thing was ridiculous. Others probably thought.."hey!!! we all need a horse's ass in our sig!!! " whatever. I sent out 3 other PM's, but they all basically said the same thing.

With that said, I doubt I will leave the ledge. I knew what I was getting into when I posted that pic and I dealt with the consequences. So I'm not ready to leave yet, but if no one is left to talk to around here.... who knows.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink Post more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss View Post
Scottish Folds, since we own one...Love those lil' folded ear "meowmeows"
Old 03-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One more Fluff pic should just about kill this thread.

Besides this thread was getting "UnBEARable".

Old 03-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
. . . . no where does it say..."hey..we are calling chris a horse's ass" . I can't vouch for all 12 people (was it 12?? I can't keep track) and their reasoning for putting it in their sig. Some people, I'm sure, were putting it in there for that. Others just thought the whole thing was ridiculous. Others probably thought.."hey!!! we all need a horse's ass in our sig!!! " whatever. I sent out 3 other PM's, but they all basically said the same thing . . . .
thanks for posting that. But, certainly you all could not have known that it would be taken as equating Chris to a horse's a$$. To me, it is patently obvious.

But and in any event, you all did it as a screw you to Chris. She reacted. If you all are shocked by that, then I have to say I am at a loss to understand why. Many of you all have been at her for a very long time. Equating her to a horse's as$$ likely was the last straw. It would be for me in that situation.

In the end, she stepped down. Whoever wanted that has won.

So, I say let's put it in the past and move on.

Again and to the point of sounding like a broken record - I like all parties involved and hope people stay.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 03-27-2007 at 07:42 PM..
Old 03-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post

You know, Brian. There is usually only a limited amount an individual can input into any topic. Even the most die hard fan would run out of juice after a few years. I know I did. Its like most scenarios in life. Eventually you move on. But there is a difference from moving on and away and the feeling you are being forced out by unpleasantness and triviality.

As for my comments about the behaviour and language. I'm not prudish and I can swear with the best of them (right Paula? Remember your English lessons? ). But its a case of a time and a place. If Chit Chat is the place then it needs to be classed as an adult forum with suitable warnings on entering.