User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3
Not trying to rip her at all because I like Tori,but without Kate Bush there would be no Tori Amos.
I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never did buy "This Woman's Work," the CD anthology, when it was still in print. But now I want it again. Problem is I want only the EMI Japan version, not the England or the Canada version. The Japan version is alleged to have significantly superior sound quality. The EMI England stuff is just bad. I bought the Hounds of Love special edition, EMI England, & it's supposed to be remixed & remastered & all that hooey but it sounds muffled & flat -- it sounds worse than my old cassette of the album did!

So I'm looking around on the Web now for the Japan anthology, & first of all, not many vendors have it in stock, & secondly, those that do have it are selling it for between $400 & $500!!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I never did buy "This Woman's Work," the CD anthology, when it was still in print. But now I want it again. Problem is I want only the EMI Japan version, not the England or the Canada version. The Japan version is alleged to have significantly superior sound quality. The EMI England stuff is just bad. I bought the Hounds of Love special edition, EMI England, & it's supposed to be remixed & remastered & all that hooey but it sounds muffled & flat -- it sounds worse than my old cassette of the album did!

So I'm looking around on the Web now for the Japan anthology, & first of all, not many vendors have it in stock, & secondly, those that do have it are selling it for between $400 & $500!!
Your kidding! I wanted the singles file way back when. It was always around $100-$150. (At the time). I found it on Ebay about a year ago for $24.99 and I was the only bidder. So just keep looking, it will turn up! With a new albumn coming out, there will be a flood of stuff again.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
I was just checking a Tori bootleg site, and she has done "Running Up That Hill" twice in the last few weeks, apparently as a medley with her own song "God".

Still downloading, so can't comment. But seeing as Tori has been compared to Kate since her first album, should be pretty interesting.

If you're interested: http://www.hereinmyhead.com/sounds
I just heard this one and while I enjoy quite a few of Tori's covers she should have left this one alone.Tori and Kate are so similar .partly by Tori's design I'm certain ,but IMO whileTori has an affecting voice ,there is a little something in Kate's voice .a quiver or otherworldliness that is inimitable and by covering RUTH Tori has shown up what Kate has that she doesn't and no one else does either.C'mon Aerial hurry up and get here!

Old 09-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have the boxed set, the Rocket Man single (with a cover of Candle in the Wind on it too), the This Woman's Work single and the The Man I Love single. She did a great cover of The Man I Love!

Nothing even remotely as close to a signed copy of THE DREAMING!!! TOTALLY JEALOUS! That's so great! She looks fantastic in the pic. Can't wait for the DOUBLE album.

YAY!

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH
Old 09-11-2005, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Kate Bush-rolling the ball...

Quote:
1979. You can still find used copies of the VHS tape of "Live at the Hammersmith Odeon."

I actually have this album, you have to play it at a different speed because of how it was recorded..... and all her albums- Loved Kate in the early 80's and such. First heard her at a music store I was visiting (they used to play albums, and have them out on display) It was "The Kick Inside" ...and I fell in love with her magical voice and piano playing.
I saw her on Saturday night live in late 70's?, early 80's (I'm guessing what year it was..but I am posiitive that it happened, because it was a big Deal for her to be in NY) Anyway she preformed "Them Heavy People"..Rolling the ball, rolling the ball... and it was amazing!
She didn't just sing the song she performed it. Like a performance artist, and not just standing there singing...It is an excellent memory for me.

And after that I purchsed every album as they became available and now in the 2000 years, CD's. I am Looking forward to the new one.

And to those who don't know her music I recommend getting a taste of "The Kick Inside". You won't be disappointed

For never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm, always been a storm... sln
~~eclipse~~
Old 09-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
Loved Kate in the early 80's and such. First heard her at a music store I was visiting (they used to play albums, and have them out on display) It was "The Kick Inside" ...and I fell in love with her magical voice and piano playing.
While I like all her songs, I grow weary of her continual forays into Lindsay Kemp-inspired modern dance. I have no interest in her Kemp love, & unfortunately that "mime" & "movement" crap infects most of her videos & her performances.

Kate Bush is, if anything, even more brilliant a visionary as an arranger & musical ideationist than Lindsey Buckingham is. She also has a better track record: bigger bang for the buck per capita, essentially.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Kate Bush is, if anything, even more brilliant a visionary as an arranger & musical ideationist than Lindsey Buckingham is. She also has a better track record: bigger bang for the buck per capita, essentially.
And at only 12 years between albums she works faster than he does too.

Old 09-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Senior Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
Just curious if anyone else collected Kate. With a new albumn coming out soon, it is time to dig out some stuff I have around. Here is one from an albumn sighning. (GASP - she used a PEN rather than a sharpie!) *cringe* A gold sharpie sig looks so cool on most things. I got her to sign a Hounds Albumn for me a few years later. Black Sharpie! Yeah! (I am moving so it is box'd up. will dig it out when I get moved in).

I collect Kate, too. Thanks so much for sharing that photo! Do you remember the "Dreaming Fairies" fanzine that was dedicated to Kate and Stevie?

Alicia

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 09-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted Song
I collect Kate, too. Thanks so much for sharing that photo! Do you remember the "Dreaming Fairies" fanzine that was dedicated to Kate and Stevie?

Alicia

There were many fanzines at the time. I don't recall that one though. Sounds cool.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I. NEED. TO. HEAR. NEW. SONG!!!!!

Someone has HEARD it?!!!
Oh pleaaaaaaaaaaase share.