User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushesandbriars
Why is a rock star--or any celebrity--who is prone to embellishing or whatever in interviews so suspect? Maybe they have a lousy memory. Maybe they feel insecure and want to sound better than they think they do. Maybe they don't think it's anyone's business, so they twist things around. Michael Caine used to tell Stanley Baker's life story and pass it as his own in interviews, though he's quit that. Does that make him a liar, or a guy who wants people out of his business? And honestly, does it matter? Do you like the work or the person, in the end?
Shirley Manson admits to having fun with boring interviews by just making stuff up off the top of her head and passing it off as true.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
While I don't disagree that Stevie is up there with the best drama queens, I once had to do exactly the same thing. It really is devastating to have to hand over the phone to someone and have them hear something that is basically going to change their life forever and remain calm and strong for them. To quote Stevie it honestly is "a horrible, horrible thing."
I know and I didn't mean to donwplay such a thing as anything less than horrible, I was just poking fun at Stevie and how she has quite a tendency to make everything all about her in most interviews, even when she's talking about other people; and everything is said with such seriousness with those big doe eyes opened wide, as if she's trying to hammer home the point that IT WAS SERIOUS AND LIFE-CHANGING. Such a queen, she is.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I know and I didn't mean to donwplay such a thing as anything less than horrible, I was just poking fun at Stevie and how she has quite a tendency to make everything all about her in most interviews, even when she's talking about other people; and everything is said with such seriousness with those big doe eyes opened wide, as if she's trying to hammer home the point that IT WAS SERIOUS AND LIFE-CHANGING. Such a queen, she is.

I know, she totally does that. I was just thinking about "the face", too, as last night I was listening to a song, or perhaps going over it in my head, and was rolling my eyes at the level of "she says" saturation, and how it can kind of make me ill. Of course, she always writes like that, but sometimes I just can't take it. She really is very self serious and self absorbed. Of course, I love her, but if she were my friend, I might have to smack her a few times..."Everything in the universe is not about you!!!"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
send it just for fun! I really HATE these idiots who feel they have to tell the complete background on an object. If you are searching for such things you ALREADY know more than the seller in most cases. I think of it as Ebay Spam. And , as in this case, most of the info is wrong.
I concur, what a pain in the ass!