User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Yeah, and the oil sits on top, you have to stir it. It's waaaaay better, though, that's the only kind my mom would buy,and only kind i've ever eaten. The process where they make the oil stay mixed in with the whole thing is not good for you, (I forget why). Might take a bit getting used to, if you've always had S-Crappy brand P.B.
Amber
Yuck, I hate the idea of food that needs stirring, especuially when I can see the oil. But I guess if you're used to it.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Doesn't sound too appetizing. (Not that chemicals do either.) What does it look like when it's unblanched? (I'm assuming it's darker??)

- Jake
You know the skin that's on the peanuts when you break them out of their shells. Unblanched means that the skins were removed before the peanuts became peanut butter.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Yuck, I hate the idea of food that needs stirring, especuially when I can see the oil. But I guess if you're used to it.

- Jake
Yeah, but it's just peanut oil, at least it's not chicken fat, or snot, or something. Once you stir it, of course, it "disappears"
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That does it. You're the thimble.

- Jake
Good manners prevents me from responding with what I really want to say in response to this, so just use your imagination and it'll suffice.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 07-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, and the oil sits on top, you have to stir it. It's waaaaay better, though, that's the only kind my mom would buy,and only kind i've ever eaten. The process where they make the oil stay mixed in with the whole thing is not good for you, (I forget why). Might take a bit getting used to, if you've always had S-Crappy brand P.B.
Amber
The oil is good for you, though. It's a good fat, albeit in moderation. And you don't have to keep the oil in, you can dump it out (that's what I do). It tastes the same without the oil, it's just a little bit thicker.

The stuff in the jars at the grocery store (Skippy, Jif) are really bad for you.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but it's just peanut oil, at least it's not chicken fat, or snot, or something. Once you stir it, of course, it "disappears"
Amber
If he only knew what he was eating when he eats other peanut butters. His skin would crawl.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
If he only knew what he was eating when he eats other peanut butters. His skin would crawl.
bleah!
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
bleah!
Amber
I tried that low fat peanut butter once (I think it was Jif) and it had a weird consistency, like the sugar they put in it hadn't melted beofre it was mixed.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I tried that low fat peanut butter once (I think it was Jif) and it had a weird consistency, like the sugar they put in it hadn't melted beofre it was mixed.
gross! Did you know the estimate is that the average person eats a pound of bugs a year, just from their food? I hope i never find a visible, identifiable bug part. On the other hand, it could really help me complete a fast
Amber

Old 07-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know the skin that's on the peanuts when you break them out of their shells. Unblanched means that the skins were removed before the peanuts became peanut butter.
Oh. I'm fond of the skins myself.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but it's just peanut oil, at least it's not chicken fat, or snot, or something.
Amber

Promise me you'll stay out of the kitchen.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What's your favorite nut? (You can't pick anybody here. )

And do you prefer crunchy or smooth peanut butter?

- Jake
"Sometimes you feel like a nut . . . sometimes you don't. Peter Paul's 'Almond Joy' 's got nuts. 'Mounds' don't."

Skippy extra crunchy peanut butter for me, and peanuts, walnuts, and cashews are my favorites. Raw, baked or cooked into something- it's ALL good.

Why do I feel like I am sharing something way too personal here?
Old 07-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
"Sometimes you feel like a nut . . . sometimes you don't. Peter Paul's 'Almond Joy' 's got nuts. 'Mounds' don't."

Skippy extra crunchy peanut butter for me, and peanuts, walnuts, and cashews are my favorites. Raw, baked or cooked into something- it's ALL good.

Why do I feel like I am sharing something way too personal here?
It's not personal unless you're using the words as euphemisms, and I'm not.
And I like Almond Joy these days, but when I was little I though they were too mushy.

- Jake