Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Storms123;1229889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don’t think so for this one. The songs they are talking about are known by enough fans that I don’t think it’s going to be like that. “Station Man” is the most obscure one they’ve mentioned, and that would probably be very early in the set. I could see SYLM, Station Man, and The Chain leading the setlist.[/QUOTE

3 of my faves, although I am struggling to "hear" Neil on "The Chain". It will be interesting. I saw 24KG 4 times, and each time, even the Stevie die-hards were scratching their heads with some of the stuff she pulled out. This message board is so entrenched in the drama, we are expecting something different, but those folks that have no idea Lindsey won't be there (and I am sure there are a lot) may struggle.. Time will tell--it's going to be an interesting fall for sure!
The 24KG show I attended I was surrounded by hipsterish kids who sang along to Belle Fleur, danced to Starshine, and cheered wildly to the opening bars on Moonlight.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Especially since CBS talked over the video from Stevie’s phone…
Stevie doesn't have a phone.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Sue, they are getting way too far up in age to prolong a final "Final 5 fireflies" Tour, after this faux FM tour plays out I'm afraid.
I know, that this is the end.
And deep down I know, after all the s**t that’s gone down, it would not
be right.
But just a teeny weeny part of me hopes to see Rumours 5 one more time.
Sad I know.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna blow this up with just one name:
Tony Bennett.
isn't he like 90 and still out there? and then there's:
Quincy Jones, Burt Bacharach.... and Sir's Paul and Mick are still kickin' it and they're even older.....
so Tony is 90...that means they have 15 years to go..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 05-31-2018, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That $mirk sure made me think he was lying!

What's he supposed to say? Yeah, $he's an old witch, and got her bitchy way.

That's very harmful to hi$ brand.
You're boring.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
I know, that this is the end.
And deep down I know, after all the s**t that’s gone down, it would not
be right.
But just a teeny weeny part of me hopes to see Rumours 5 one more time.
Sad I know.

Tony Bennett.
Quincy Jones, Burt Bacharach.... and Sir's Paul and Mick are still kickin' it and they're even older.....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]

That Keith Richards is still alive and performing leads me to believe you may be on to something

Old 05-31-2018, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Tony Bennett.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That Keith Richards is still alive and performing leads me to believe you may be on to something[/QUOTE]

😁😁😁😁
Tho it’s only a rumour Keef is actually alive !!!
Old 05-31-2018, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
You're boring.
Who asked you?

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 05-31-2018 at 05:15 PM..
Old 05-31-2018, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=mitzo;1229912]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post

The 24KG show I attended I was surrounded by hipsterish kids who sang along to Belle Fleur, danced to Starshine, and cheered wildly to the opening bars on Moonlight.
Same. Really the only thing that created mass exodus and gripes from the audience, myself included was the talking. Stevie and the band can play whatever the hell they want, as long as they play it well and are into it.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-31-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
Tony Bennett.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I’ve been saying the same thing for years- there are so many performers who have continued into their late 80s and even into their 90s. Tony Bennett, BB King, Pete Seger, etc. I think as long as Mick is physically able, he’ll keep FM a touring band, regardless of who’s in it. And you know Stevie will never ever be able to stay off the road, either. They may not always do multi-year world tours, but I firmly believe the band will continue until it physically can’t. Don’t ever forecast the demise of Fleetwood Mac- they’ve gone through absolutely insane stuff and have always kept coming back for more.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Don’t ever forecast the demise of Fleetwood Mac- they’ve gone through absolutely insane stuff and have always kept coming back for more.
Their demise has been greatly exaggerated since 1970.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-31-2018, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Their demise has been greatly exaggerated since 1970.
Fleetwood Mac will die when Mick does who for better or worse is beginning to seem unkillable.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with the comments saying that this band really won't die until Mick is dead or unable to perform anymore. But I just don't know if I can see the appeal of another 1997-esque reformation - at least not at the levels of success or notoriety that The Dance had. Personally, this firing of Lindsey has sucked away what little desire I had left to see these guys perform live again. I was too interested in being 16 when The Dance tour was going and not going to a concert with my parents. Saw the Buckingham/Nicks version several times and then much to mine (and everyone else's) surprise in 2014, got to see the Rumours 5 put on one hell of a show. Rhiannon lumbered and sputtered. Christine couldn't hit half the notes. GYOW's key was dropped about 10 times. But it was nonetheless, fantastic to see them.

But, I don't know that I even care anymore. I would've seen this "Farewell" tour with the five of them. However, the way that this entire Lindsey firing rolled out has soured me on seeing this cobbled together all star band. I'm trying to picture myself in my early to mid 40's having interest in going to see this reconciled group of 75-80 year olds croaking out 50 year old songs and I just don't see it. They're too old. Their fanbase is too old (yes, lots of generations at FM concerts...but be real, look around, there majority aren't 24 year old hipsters). Time is not on their side.

I know I don't speak for everyone, but for me, after the stunts of 2018, the bloom is off the rose. If they ever reconciled, I am highly unlikely to bother.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Fleetwood Mac will die when Mick does who for better or worse is beginning to seem unkillable.
That made me laugh out loud....he's like Rasputin...but not like the lover of the Russian queen, the gypsy one apparently ( I won't give her the dignity of being called the Queen of Rock and Roll as I am not so sure she deserves that title anymore)
Old 05-31-2018, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I agree with the comments saying that this band really won't die until Mick is dead or unable to perform anymore. But I just don't know if I can see the appeal of another 1997-esque reformation - at least not at the levels of success or notoriety that The Dance had. Personally, this firing of Lindsey has sucked away what little desire I had left to see these guys perform live again. I was too interested in being 16 when The Dance tour was going and not going to a concert with my parents. Saw the Buckingham/Nicks version several times and then much to mine (and everyone else's) surprise in 2014, got to see the Rumours 5 put on one hell of a show. Rhiannon lumbered and sputtered. Christine couldn't hit half the notes. GYOW's key was dropped about 10 times. But it was nonetheless, fantastic to see them.

But, I don't know that I even care anymore. I would've seen this "Farewell" tour with the five of them. However, the way that this entire Lindsey firing rolled out has soured me on seeing this cobbled together all star band. I'm trying to picture myself in my early to mid 40's having interest in going to see this reconciled group of 75-80 year olds croaking out 50 year old songs and I just don't see it. They're too old. Their fanbase is too old (yes, lots of generations at FM concerts...but be real, look around, there majority aren't 24 year old hipsters). Time is not on their side.

I know I don't speak for everyone, but for me, after the stunts of 2018, the bloom is off the rose. If they ever reconciled, I am highly unlikely to bother.

And that's the legacy Lindsey was alluding to, and for many, the 2018 drama has done just that....killed it for many.. I am one of them. But I would kill to see them all one last time. If I only appreciated Neward 2015 was it......well May have partied harder with them. That was the night Lindsey waltzed with Stevie....

Last edited by Storms123; 05-31-2018 at 09:52 PM..
Old 06-01-2018, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I too hope both Stevie and Lindsey can swallow their pride and that the Rumours 5 can come back together one last time. The incredible music they make together is bigger than personal conflicts, and re-establishing Fleetwood Mac's legacy is more important than whatever private gratification they get from holding grudges.

In the end, forgiveness is better for the heart than bitterness.

I think both Finn and Campbell know deep down that such a thing could happen, and they would be out if it did. Campbell even hinted at understanding this might not be a "forever" gig when he said that this was his priority "for now" or something like that in the CBS interview.

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-01-2018 at 08:45 AM..