User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
Stevie isn't disrespecting Christine any more than Christine was disrespecting Stevie when she decided to take leave of the band for all of those years. Christine disappeared into the English countryside and did what SHE wanted to do. Stevie has a right to do what she wants, plain and simple. Christine made it plain that she is not a great friend to Stevie. Didn't she say in some interview that she didn't even talk to her during that time away? Yeah, some GREAT friend she was.........but that probably will be blamed on Stevie as well. I mean, she's the epitome of evil, right? I've said it before and I'll say it again, these people (ALL OF THEM) owe us nothing! We've seen great shows and gotten wonderful music over the years. So what, if she's decided to tour solo and focus on herself for a while? Mick's doing the same thing and everyone isn't baby crying over that! I seriously hope Lindsey decides to do the same thing and tour solo. I'm definitely going to see Stevie and it would be awesome to see him as well.
Imagine Linds filling those arenas on a solo tour? LOL!
Old 09-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From her comments in her new NYT interview it seems like she's sticking to the whole "3 years" apart thing... it's been the better part of a year and she says FM won't be doing anything together for another 2 years. Seems like she's treating it like business as usual, that 3 years now is the same as 3 years was a decade ago..... except of course, it's not. Every year they push things off now, the risk of something bad happening, or one of the 5 not being there when they reconvene goes up exponentially. She's in denial.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Imagine Linds filling those arenas on a solo tour? LOL!
She's not filling arenas. Maybe with the help of Pretenders she'll come close...
Old 09-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really depressed about everything that seems to be coming from Stevie. There doesn't now seem any chance for the 'new' FM album any time soon. Damn. Damn. Damn. Sh!t. Damn. Bugger.

In some small way I can get Stevie's 2 years on, 2 years off thing. I think things are different though with next year being the anniversary year. It's the year I could never envisage the band reaching (all alive and capable of playing together as a band). 2017 always looked to be just a bit too far off. And now we are here I really thought there'd be something big to mark the event.

50 years of Fleetwood Mac, 40 years of Rumours, 30 years of TITN, 20 years of The Dance...it's all going to pass as a damp squib.

Damn. Sh!t. Double-damn. Aaaargggghhhhhhhhh.

Is it time to rename this bloody thread yet?
Old 09-06-2016, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm really depressed about everything that seems to be coming from Stevie. There doesn't now seem any chance for the 'new' FM album any time soon. Damn. Damn. Damn. Sh!t. Damn. Bugger.

In some small way I can get Stevie's 2 years on, 2 years off thing. I think things are different though with next year being the anniversary year. It's the year I could never envisage the band reaching (all alive and capable of playing together as a band). 2017 always looked to be just a bit too far off. And now we are here I really thought there'd be something big to mark the event.

50 years of Fleetwood Mac, 40 years of Rumours, 30 years of TITN, 20 years of The Dance...it's all going to pass as a damp squib.

Damn. Sh!t. Double-damn. Aaaargggghhhhhhhhh.

Is it time to rename this bloody thread yet?
To say I am completely disgusted and fully disenchanted is an understatement. Stevie was once (long ago) the only member of this band I cared about. After this latest development, I'm never again purchasing anything that could route money into her bank account. I'm done. I'm out.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
To say I am completely disgusted and fully disenchanted is an understatement. Stevie was once (long ago) the only member of this band I cared about. After this latest development, I'm never again purchasing anything that could route money into her bank account. I'm done. I'm out.
Its basically just a two month tour. That is not too much to ask. For Gods sakes Lindsey and Chris left the band for years. Let her have her moment to promote her album.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Its basically just a two month tour. That is not too much to ask. For Gods sakes Lindsey and Chris left the band for years. Let her have her moment to promote her album.

“I just woke up one morning and said I have two years off before Fleetwood Mac comes knocking on my door [for another tour],”

She's not gonna do a FM album.
She's not gonna do anything FM-related until the back end of 2017.

What annoys me is how dismissive and really quite rude towards FM she comes across in that interview she gave. There's just no need for it.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie isn't disrespecting Christine any more than Christine was disrespecting Stevie when she decided to take leave of the band for all of those years. Christine disappeared into the English countryside and did what SHE wanted to do. Stevie has a right to do what she wants, plain and simple.
That is complete rubbish. When Christine quit the band, she was honest with everyone. She quit, fair and square. There was absolutely no disrespect involved.

What is going on now is that Stevie is not being honest with the band. She is keeping them hanging. Of course she has a right to do what she wants, but she is totally disrespecting the rest of Fleetwood Mac by not making her intentions clear. She isn't saying whether she's all in for a new album, or not. They (mistakenly) think a new album would benefit from her participation, so she gets to pull their string as much as she wants.

So she's doing a solo tour now. I wish the rest of the band would interpret that as Stevie saying she's not interested in Fleetwood Mac, and proceed without her.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She has a new album out?

I mean, 24 Kara"k" Gold is 2 years old, why would she promote it now?
So she would rather do a double ticket with The Pretenders than to tour with FM. So much about her bragging about being happy that Christine is back and her getting along better with Lindsey and about doing a new album with FM.

So during tour-promotion she will tell us how much she enjoys her freedom and the powerful creative experience after the horrible last tour with FM.

I guess that was it for Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey and Christine are probably livid and Stevie will not dare to have a confrontation with them. That means she won't ever go to a studio with them.

With all due respect: What a b/w/itch.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 09-06-2016 at 03:03 PM..
Old 09-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
So she's doing a solo tour now. I wish the rest of the band would interpret that as Stevie saying she's not interested in Fleetwood Mac, and proceed without her.
Yeah. Now really is the time for them to say 'uck you and move on.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
She has a new album out?

I mean, 24 Kara"k" Gold is 2 years old, why would she promote it now?
So she would rather do a double ticket with The Pretenders than to tour with FM. So much about her bragging about being happy that Christine is back and her getting along better with Lindsey and about doing a new album with FM.

So during tour-promotion she will tell us how much she enjoys her freedom and the endless creative experience she enjoys.

With all due respect: What a b/w/itch.

I guess that was it for Fleetwood Mac.
She didn't get to tour for 24k Gold because of Fleetwood Mac. She toured for two years with them. Give it up!
Old 09-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I already gave it up, that's the point of my post. After 39 years, Stevie finally lost me here.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 09-06-2016 at 03:07 PM..
Old 09-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I already gave it up, that's the point of my post. After 39 years, Stevie finally lost me here.
Two months? Whoopie! Geesh!
Old 09-06-2016, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's not the lenghts, it's the lack of respect for Christines and Lindseys creativity, the complete disregard of the FM fans who really want a new album. And for what? To tour with The Pretenders, as a package deal, promoting a 2 years old album - that are just awul career decisions, even for her.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Not quite. In the NY Times Article Stevie says she isn't going back to FM for 2 years, and then specifically states it'll be for a tour. In other words, she confirmed the Mac album Lindsey, Chris, Mick, and John started is dead, and there are no plans to resurrect it.