User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Exuse me, but that HURT.

Ahem. First off, I will say I am no fan of the dentist.

Anyway, here's my story I'd like to share.
This morning I was at the dentist to have a 'simple' tooth extraction... it wound being anything but!
Like any dentist does, he began by administering the local anesthetic which went OK. But I am pretty certain that he didn't allow enough time for the anesthetic to set in my gums before he began the procedure.
Next, he took some sort of dental instrument and started poking the area numbed and asked "Jennifer, can you feel this?" I replied "Yes." Even though I had told him I could feel it, he still began the tooth extraction....... The next 10 minutes or so was completely agonizing. Probably one of the most painful experinces of my entire life, though not more painful than hearing Justin Bieber. Now my face is beginning to bruise around the area of the extraction. And the pain killers I was givin' make me feel like Keith Richard's. This dentist reminds of the one from Marathon Man.

Crap! I miss spelled excuse!

Last edited by ~*BellaDonna*~; 04-20-2016 at 04:41 PM..
Old 04-20-2016, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I am sorry. I can relate and understand how awful this must be for you. I've not had an extraction but have had severe procedure pain and I don't think I'll ever forget it.

Have you ever had nitrous oxide for dental work?

I've been researching it as I learnt yesterday that I have an accessed tooth(infection showed on x-ray at my checkup) that requires antibiotics and a root canal. I'm not sure I can willingly submit to the drill...! A few yrs ago the tooth got filled / crowned and it was agonizing. I'm told I have long roots & am a challenge to numb so wonder if I should gas up or ask for valium or such.

Sorry to rattle on but I appreciate the opportunity to chat teeth
Old 04-20-2016, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Oh I am sorry. I can relate and understand how awful this must be for you. I've not had an extraction but have had severe procedure pain and I don't think I'll ever forget it.

Have you ever had nitrous oxide for dental work?

I've been researching it as I learnt yesterday that I have an accessed tooth(infection showed on x-ray at my checkup) that requires antibiotics and a root canal. I'm not sure I can willingly submit to the drill...! A few yrs ago the tooth got filled / crowned and it was agonizing. I'm told I have long roots & am a challenge to numb so wonder if I should gas up or ask for valium or such.

Sorry to rattle on but I appreciate the opportunity to chat teeth
Oh dear, a root canal?! I had undergone one last September, actually it was performed on the tooth I had extracted this morning. An infection had set in so it had to go. I wish you the best of luck, hon!!!
Well, the dentist I've been seeing doesn't offer that kind of thing. He only uses local anesthetics. But after what happened today, I am looking for a new one. Hopefuly one not out of Little Shop Of Horrors!
Old 04-20-2016, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Again, I'm sorry for your pain & awful experience.

My dentist doesn't do root canals and referred me to a practice that does only those. She said there will be options available, such as the gas or pills, but I want to learn more first: I want to zone out if it really works yet I'm afraid of being simultaneously zoned out & in pain.

Working out a birth plan was less stressful than a tooth plan
Old 04-20-2016, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Again, I'm sorry for your pain & awful experience.

My dentist doesn't do root canals and referred me to a practice that does only those. She said there will be options available, such as the gas or pills, but I want to learn more first: I want to zone out if it really works yet I'm afraid of being simultaneously zoned out & in pain.

Working out a birth plan was less stressful than a tooth plan
Its good to have opitions and I hope you find the one that works. And thank you for the kind words, it made me feel a little bit better.