User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I always loved when Stevie sings backup with other artists.
You've got that right. Stevie is at her best as a harmony singer. If you need proof, listen to:

"Insider" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
"Get My Way" by Sandy Stewart"
"Magnet and Steele" by Walter Egan
"Gold" by John Stewart
"Sorcerer" by Marilyn Martin
"Smiling Islands" by Robbie Patton
"Honey Hi" by Fleetwood Mac
Old 11-10-2015, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Michele is correct, Skip. Very generous. You just know that some new member will eventually see this list and ask you for half the things in there, right?

So what new sharing service have you picked to use for future postings?
Thanks Viv.Any free cloud drive will do.I got some in the works to keep the sharing going on.I already downloaded all the files which was 63.3 GB off both accounts weeks ago.Now they are all on my backup external drive.I had other important stuff on there besides Stevie/FM stuff.

WARNING . Also those backup drives should be mirrored ."Copied to another backup drive" in case of the external drive fails.I just had that happen last week.Luckily I got my files off it before it went kaput..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
You've got that right. Stevie is at her best as a harmony singer. If you need proof, listen to:

"Insider" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
"Get My Way" by Sandy Stewart"
"Magnet and Steele" by Walter Egan
"Gold" by John Stewart
"Sorcerer" by Marilyn Martin
"Smiling Islands" by Robbie Patton
"Honey Hi" by Fleetwood Mac
Yes .I love her ooooohs and ahhhhhhhs and her harmony in these songs.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some more I found.Sorry if these are repeated.

Fleetwood Mac Rhiannon Instrumental.

http://www.adrive.com/public/pfpjvu/...umental%5D.mp3

Old 11-15-2015, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Reminder

REMINDER NOTICE...

If any of you that have not download from my Adrive collection .Please do so now before Nov 16.Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice from Adrive.

Personal Basic (free) service to be discontinued on Nov. 16, 2015
Personal Basic (free) service to be discontinued
ADrive will be discontinuing ALL Personal Basic (free) services on November 16, 2015. Personal Basic (free) users have until November 16, 2015 to upgrade to a Premium Personal account. After such time all Personal Basic (free) accounts will be permanently deleted including all files and data.

Until November 16, 2015 your account will remain active with Read-Only access so you can retrieve any data you have stored on ADrive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all of you that did downloaded the goodies.Enjoy.......

I had a great turn out.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The deadline has went by for Adrive links but get what you want before they go dead which now can happen any day.Thanks for downloading the goodies.

Enjoy my friends.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well its Christmas Eve here in OZ, so wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..

I woke up this morning switched on the morning TV station, and there was Stevie singing Silent Night just a short clip, but still pretty cool.. unfortunately i have no idea why they showed this particular clip or what even the story was about.. Bummer i missed the start of it..
Old 12-24-2015, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw this morning show as well. They were playing excerpts of Christmas themed songs and "Silent Night" (with Tom Petty from 2000) was one of those chosen. About two minutes was played and it was clearly sourced from a sub-par copy off Youtube. There was no discussion of Stevie before or afterwards.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I saw this morning show as well. They were playing excerpts of Christmas themed songs and "Silent Night" (with Tom Petty from 2000) was one of those chosen. About two minutes was played and it was clearly sourced from a sub-par copy off Youtube. There was no discussion of Stevie before or afterwards.
Thanks Phil, wow 3 min , unfortunately i only got to see the last 10 sec..
Old 12-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
The deadline has went by for Adrive links but get what you want before they go dead which now can happen any day.Thanks for downloading the goodies.

Enjoy my friends.
Thanks for sharing your treasure trove, Skip. Very generous and thoughtful.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Thanks for sharing your treasure trove, Skip. Very generous and thoughtful.
No Problem and thank you for your kind words.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I love that version too.I was listening to it om my mp3 player in the car coming back from my sisters house.It has a country sound to it.I love that.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found this today

This is part one.

http://ppcorn.com/us/2016/01/08/stev...s-15-things-1/

Stevie Nicks: 15 Things You Didn’t Know (Part 1)
By PPcorn -
Jan 8, 2016
rainbowpie.co.uk

Stevie Nicks is most well-known for being part of the iconic band Fleetwood Mac, but she is a notable artist in her own right. Nicks may have been around the block a few times, but she continues to be one of the most relevant artists in the industry. However, despite the fact that Nicks has spent a considerable amount of time in the spotlight and under the scrutiny of the public eye, there are still some things that many people don’t know. With that in mind, here we present our list of 15 things you probably didn’t know about Stevie Nicks. Check out part one below, and stay tuned for part two, coming soon!

Number Fifteen: She Loves “Mabel Normand.” Nicks’ favorite song on 24-Karat Gold is “Mabel Normand.” Nicks wrote the song about a silent movie star who abused cocaine and died as a result. Nicks had a close connection to the star because of her own struggles with cocaine.

Number Fourteen: She Did Weight Watchers. In a 2014 interview, Nicks revealed that she had been doing Weight Watchers to lose weight. She said that it works, although now the only thing she asks for in her dressing room is a plate of fruit.

Number Thirteen: She Loves Animal Crackers. Nicks says that animal crackers are her biggest weakness. In fact, she will sometimes ask someone to hide them if they are nearby.

Number Twelve: She Married Someone Out of Grief. One of Nicks’ closest friends was Robin Snyder Anderson, who gave birth to her son and died of leukemia two days later. Nicks was grieving and ended up marrying Anderson’s grieving husband so she could raise their son as her own. However, she later realized the mistake of marrying someone out of grief rather than love, and they divorced three months later.

Number Eleven: She Has a Bald Dog. Nicks adopted a 16-year-old Yorkshire terrier mix named Sulasmith and subsequently became concerned when she noticed the dog’s back was bald. Apparently, Sulasmith is part Chinese Crested, which are dogs that often have bald backs.

Number Ten: Her Dog Dresses in Cashmere. Nicks’ longtime friend and backup singer is Sharon Celani, and every time Celani buys cashmere, she has the same piece replicated for Nicks’ dog Sulasmith. Suffice to say that Sulasmith owns a lot of cashmere.

Number Nine: She Has a Special Chair. In 2003, Nicks bought a black leather massage chair that she takes with her everywhere.

Read more: http://ppcorn.com/us/2016/01/08/stev...#ixzz3whOQEhcT

Old 01-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres part two.Nothing new with this article.

I think the writers were reading the Ledge to get their info.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://ppcorn.com/us/2016/01/11/stev...s-15-things-2/

Stevie Nicks: 15 Things You Didn’t Know (Part 2)
By PPcorn -
Jan 11, 2016

We already brought you part one of our list of 15 things you probably did not know about Stevie Nicks, and now we’re back with part two! Check out eight more fascinating facts about the singer and Fleetwood Mac member that you definitely (probably) did not know below. You might be surprised by what you find out!

Number Eight: She Hangs Jewelry on Statues. Nicks hangs her most important jewelry on a goddess statue in her bathroom at home. She also puts her rings on a chain, and she insists that when you put rings on a chain “you will never, ever lose them.”

Number Seven: She Supported Christine McVie Leaving Fleetwood Mac in 1998. Nicks says that she understood what McVie was going through when she quit Fleetwood Mac in 1998. Nicks and McVie were best friends, so Nicks thoroughly understood the pain that McVie was experiencing at the time.

Number Six: She Knows the Moment She Became a Drug Addict. Nicks says that the moment she became a drug addict was when she began buying her own cocaine. She said, “When you’re just using other people’s drugs, you’re not really doing it, but as soon as you start buying it, you’re doing it.”

Number Five: She Loves Luxury Fabrics. Nicks is incredibly sensitive to the touch, so everything she wears needs to feel good on her skin. She wears a lot of velvet and silk because of this.

Number Four: She Considers Her Affair With Mick Fleetwood an Accident. Nicks has said that her year-long affair with Mick Fleetwood “never shoulda happened.” She says that both of them knew it should never have happened from the beginning. She did not want to be the woman who broke up another man’s marriage.

Number Three: She Has a Diverse Taste in Television. Nicks has stated that she likes many television shows, including American Horror Story, Million Dollar Listing, and NCIS, among others.

Number Two: She Uses Scarves for Interior Design. Nicks brings scarves to her hotel rooms to drape over lamps if the lighting isn’t good enough. She also used to use rainbow lightbulbs.

Number One: She Wants to Make a “Rhiannon” Movie. Nicks has several ambitious project ideas, including a “Rhiannon” movie and a cartoon based on the Buckingham Nicks song titled “Goldfish and the Ladybug.” However, she says that those projects are not her priority right now.

Read more: http://ppcorn.com/us/2016/01/11/stev...#ixzz3wxgLaTvD

Old 12-15-2016, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow.They sound great.I love it. Saw Keith live years ago.He's a great guitar player.

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/...-nicks-w456107

See Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood's Sultry Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty Duet

Stars join forces at Canberra, Australia show to sing rockers' "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"
Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood perform the Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks hit "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" during their Australian tour.
By Brittney McKenna
43 minutes ago

At a show at Canberra, Australia's GIO Stadium on Saturday, Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood paid homage to the influence of Fleetwood Mac superstar Stevie Nicks and her fellow rock icon Tom Petty. As they previously did during the American Idol series finale, Urban and Underwood covered "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," a 1981 hit from Nicks's debut solo album Bella Donna that featured Petty and his band the Heartbreakers.

Trading verses on the fiery duet, Underwood and Urban also brought a little twang to the tune. The show was a stop on Urban's Ripcord World Tour 2016, which Underwood co-headlined for the Oceania leg. Earlier this month, the pair debuted the first-ever live performance of the Ripcord duet "The Fighter."

In related news, Nicks and Petty just announced an upcoming show together in London. Nicks will support Petty and the Heartbreakers as part of the British Summer Time Hyde Park concert series on July 9th, with additional support from the Lumineers. The performance is in celebration of the 40th anniversary of Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' beloved self-titled debut album.

Urban's Ripcord World Tour wraps up in Brisbane on December 17th. Urban will then head back to the States to headline Nashville's New Year's Eve Celebration at Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park.

Last edited by Macfanforever; 12-15-2016 at 12:30 PM..
Old 12-15-2016, 12:28 PM

What is Keith ad-libbing during Tom's part?