User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
It does not matter who wants what or why because if they keep dragging their feet about making decisions and wasting time the "Grim Reaper" will make the decision for them...
Any one of them at this stage in life could easily pass, I wonder what they would do then?
Old 11-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
As I posted earlier...I wonder if this is closer to the reason behind her reluctance to commit to another FM project maybe it has a little less to do with LB and more to do with the never ending FM plans..Let Stevie take 2 years off then FM can come back in 2018 with a final album from the five as well as a farewell tour...
2018?! Good god, no. There's no reasonable reason why we should have to wait that long. 2016 is already too far into the future. It's been decades, damnit. She's in or out. I want new songs!
Old 11-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
No. She can tour with them, and they can do albums without her. The exact opposite option should have been offered to Christine when she left. She even offered to record and was denied. That should have been a lesson to everyone.
Fleetwood Mac already tried that. It was called Time, and it didn't work.

Quote:
The number of hits aren't important.
To the concert goer paying that kind of money to see a show, they're very important. They want songs people recognize. If Christine and Lindsey dipped into their solo work, they could easily put on a show where Stevie's absence would be minimal.

Quote:
I don't want to downplay the successes of the other two song writers, but, Stevie's songs and stage persona have been the draw.
No. They've been A draw. If they were THE draw, she'd be able to play these venues on her own. If they were THE draw, ticket sales wouldn't be bigger in 2014 as they were in 2013.

Quote:
It is absolutely undeniable, written about in nearly every single article about the band ever published, that Stevie is the Ace. She is the magnet that draws the insatiable appetites of fans who want more.
Which is why ticket sales and prices went up when Christine came back, less than a year after their last tour ended.

Quote:
Christine had more hits? Yes. Stevie has more charisma, and it's that charisma that sells tickets to a Fleetwood Mac show.
So? Lindsey has the most charisma. He's the one rocking the hardest these days.

Quote:
Go back in time to 1975, take Stevie out of the band,
You mean when Fleetwood Mac finally cracked the top 20 with a Christine McVie song that really could have been on any of the five albums she was a member on prior to 1975?

Quote:
People change. Situations change. Emotions change. Life changes. And it was Mick and Lindsey who said Christine had to tour or go home - that was not Stevie's decision. Stevie parroted it in interviews at the time. I didn't agree with it then, and I don't agree with it now.
But, she didn't disagree with it. And, she didn't disagree with it in 1987.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Any one of them at this stage in life could easily pass, I wonder what they would do then?
Hologram.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Hologram.
too expensive they wouldn't be able to recoup on their investment
Old 11-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't think Stevie really affects their album-selling power much. Her solo albums don't well....I wouldn't call them "fairly successful" and a fleetwood Mac album won't be a huge seller with or without her but the name alone could probably sell more than 24 Karat Gold and In Your dreams.
A reconstituted Mac (all 3 writers) would probably go platinum because it would be a big deal that they're all back together. A Mac album without any one of them is likely to stop at Gold, just as Behind The Mask and Say You Will both did.

As a solo artist Nicks has done very well. Even as a legacy artist in this era of albums not selling well she still sells hundreds of thousands of copies. Not as much as a Mac album would sell, but likely about 50% to 60% of it (unless its all 3 of them on it).
Old 11-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
So? Lindsey has the most charisma. He's the one rocking the hardest these days.
Lindsey is an absolute musical genius and criminally under-rated as a guitar player. But objectively Nicks is the charismatic center of Mac, that's without a doubt. It's why she gets the most attention, and why her solo career has gold and platinum albums while Lindsey's and Christine's don't.

Yes Christine wrote the first Mac hit with "Over My Head" but I don't know if it would have hit as well without Lindsey's production genius. I think he gave Mac the spark it needed to refine Christine's pop savvy just enough, and Nicks' star power put them into the stratosphere.

Each of the three really bring something to the whole puzzle.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

I just saw pictures of the bows and how much space is between stevie and lindsey and how she doesn't reach out to bring him into the group as they were bowing...wonder if she was hurt that he didn't come to the photo gallery with mick and chris and now he's on the **** list.

Really something happened...they aren't getting along. Which is sad cause as someone said death will advise them to be kinder once that ship has sailed. With John s cancer scare you would think they would be rebonded on a deeper level.

I hope this is wrong but maybe stevie needs some action from some fine hot man...maybe she s just road weary
Old 11-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Dashut: I haven’t seen any of the recent shows lately so assuming what you are saying is correct, (because I have heard this from many others who have seen the show now) I believe we could be seeing signs of conflicting schedules in the future. I know Stevie has a busy solo career going on with her popularity seemingly greater than ever. She probably has many opportunities on her own in the new year and is perhaps feeling frustrated with what I now call “Tour Creep”, or the natural ability of a Fleetwood Mac tour to go on endlessly, making money all the way, which is hard for the other band members to resist. The feeling she could be “trapped” in a successful tour, may be keeping her from her own future vision at a period of life when time is of the essence. After all, she is an artist first. Don’t bet against a new Fleetwood Mac album with Stevie on it, I still believe they will work things out and give history what it wants. This is just my opinion, and my opinion only and take full responsibility for the comments that shall surly follow.
What a thoughtful, rational response from Richard. Of course he doesn't know anything for sure either, but it's nice to get some perspective from someone outside the Ledge, where it feels like we're being poisoned by the bile that comes from picking sides and pointing fingers.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
A reconstituted Mac (all 3 writers) would probably go platinum because it would be a big deal that they're all back together. A Mac album without any one of them is likely to stop at Gold, just as Behind The Mask and Say You Will both did.
Even that's optimistic. It's a different industry even from eleven to twelve years ago.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-20-2014, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
The number of hits aren't important. I don't want to downplay the successes of the other two song writers, but, Stevie's songs and stage persona have been the draw. It is absolutely undeniable, written about in nearly every single article about the band ever published, that Stevie is the Ace.
Well, considering that Stevie's tours are only a fraction as successful as FM's tour, I don't think she's the draw or the ace for many fans. Is she the most popular band member? Yes. That's about all you can say.

If it was "absolutely undeniable" that she was the draw, I don't think she would be opening for Rod Stewart while FM sold out in Dublin in just 3 minutes and has just added a 5th O2 Arena show.

Michele
Old 11-20-2014, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
But objectively Nicks is the charismatic center of Mac, that's without a doubt. It's why she gets the most attention, and why her solo career has gold and platinum albums while Lindsey's and Christine's don't.
Stevie also blatantly goes after what's current. BD: Tom Petty and Don Henley. OSOTM: Bruce Hornsby & Kenny G. TISL: Sheryl Crow and Natalie Maines. She's the one most likely to make a cameo on American Idol and The Voice and goes on shows like Ellen. Not saying she's alone, just the most likely.

Lindsey was about his own talents. Christine tried to incorporate Fleetwood Mac with classic rockers (namely Winwood, Clapton, and Ray Cooper). However, if you sub out Todd Sharp with Dan Perfect, her two albums were remarkably similar. Same rhythm section, both had at least one song co-written with Billy Burnette, etc. Lindsey and Christine weren't trying to establish careers outside of Fleetwood Mac. It became a necessity in both cases (not a knock on Stevie, BTW).

Anyway, Stevie Nicks was never a regular character on Saturday Night Live.

Quote:
Yes Christine wrote the first Mac hit with "Over My Head" but I don't know if it would have hit as well without Lindsey's production genius. I think he gave Mac the spark it needed to refine Christine's pop savvy just enough, and Nicks' star power put them into the stratosphere.
If it were "Say You Love Me" I'd completely agree with this. THAT song is the essence of THIS particular version of the band. Lindsey's quirks as a player come through, the harmonies are breathtaking.... But OMH could have been on a Bob Welch-era album. There's nothing particularly different about it. It's certainly no "Spare Me A Little Of Your Love" or "Why".

Quote:
Each of the three really bring something to the whole puzzle.
All FIVE bring something.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyway, Stevie Nicks was never a regular character on Saturday Night Live.

LOL. Well, to be fair, that's probably because she wouldn't have been bumped from a talk show for 20 weeks straight, never getting to say anything, so ... Michele
Old 11-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Release another compilation CD. Book another tour. On with the show!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-20-2014 at 10:45 PM..
Old 11-20-2014, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And Lindsey. And Christine. And John. You know...the band.

Not to mention 2017 for Fleetwood Mac's 50th Anniversary.

Good for her. I'm sure the band appreciates her charitable spirit.

Yep. She owed WB one more album. Of course, it didn't have to be done right away. There was always the option of waiting for the Fleetwood Mac tour to end before doing the album. But, she opted to rush to get an album of leaked demos she found on YouTube done in six weeks so it would be done before Fleetwood Mac rehearsals. Of course, this also conveniently fulfilled her contract with WB, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.
As I posted in a thread a long time ago(God only knows when),IMO Stevie did her solo album when she did for a reason - she knew Chris would be getting ALOT of attention on this tour and Stevie just HAD to do something to draw attention to herself.What better way could there be?I don't doubt that she loves Chris but she doesn't just love attention - she craves and needs it.I believe her self worth,in her mind,is determined by how much fawning she gets.So sad,poor little rich girl.

Having said that I will also say that I really do love Stevie and her music but I think she has some serious issues that need to be resolved.