User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradorna View Post
Yes thank you! It does look good. Could you tell me how many pages are just the polaroid photos. I just went to Stevie's official site and the description of the book says:

Limited Edition 48-page + cover full-color perfect bound 8”x8” soft cover photobook featuring never-before-seen photos from Nicks’ personal collection available exclusively on StevieNicksOfficial.com

So it never was ALL about the Polaroids. Okay at least I wont be surprise IF I finally decide to do it.
it's a nice book , it's not great it's nice , don't expect and you won't be disappointed
Old 10-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
it's a nice book , it's not great it's nice , don't expect and you won't be disappointed
So please give us an example of a great book. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Registered

i did ... twice
Old 10-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
That's right! Thank you!
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"
Old 10-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I ain't sharing *****. LOL, Stevie and I would want you to be surprised when your package arrives.
Right?

I also understand the desire to have it all as fast as possible.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 10-05-2014, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Am I the only one not digging this album? I got mine today and I have yet to find a track I'm in love with. I'm disappointed, especially after how much I loved IYD.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Am I the only one not digging this album? I got mine today and I have yet to find a track I'm in love with. I'm disappointed, especially after how much I loved IYD.
I don't like it as much as IYD. But I like it. I think half of the songs are great.

I think Mabel Normand and Belle Fleur are awful.

I think Hard Advice and I Don't Care are kind of 50% awful.

I consider Carousel and Cathouse Blues playful filler. Carousel is singsongy and I don't see why it hasn't gotten as much flack as Every Day or Too Far From Texas.

Michele
Old 10-05-2014, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The book is essentially a combination of Polaroid selfies , song lyrics and Polaroids of Stevie with various friends and band members.

A lyric page opposes a selfie page. Then there are several collage pages of miscellaneous Polaroids that feature Stevie and her associates. The book ends with about eight more full page selfies.

It would have been cool if it included a small collection of stand-alone replica Polaroids. But overall, it's still a nice book. Exactly what would make it better?

I got the digital singles beforehand. But the bundle included the entire album in digital form. I've had no indication how or if I received them.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't understand that at all but everyone has their tastes.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I don't understand that at all but everyone has their tastes.
Me either, but then I have uniformly loved TISL *and* IYD *and* 24KG. I think all three recent albums have been among Nicks' best. She's on a creative high that matches her BD/WH/TOSOTM era (I think RAL has great stuff on it, but you can hear, I think, the cocaine getting to her on that album).

And I'm not a fan to "loves everything" she does. I thought SA was most definitely sub-par, as were her self-penned songs on the Mac albums TITN and BTM.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
That's so odd, because I'm one of the few who is not a fan of IYD. Wasn't then, and certainly not now. I forced myself to find some gem in 'Moonlight' and 'For What It's Worth', the only two tracks I like. And even that took a while for me as I had to get over my huge disappointment I guess the basic truth is just that some things simply speak to others while some don't. I'm sorry your not feeling the excitement, since I can relate as I felt out of the hoopla in 2011.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenground View Post
That's so odd, because I'm one of the few who is not a fan of IYD. Wasn't then, and certainly not now. I forced myself to find some gem in 'Moonlight' and 'For What It's Worth', the only two tracks I like. And even that took a while for me as I had to get over my huge disappointment I guess the basic truth is just that some things simply speak to others while some don't. I'm sorry your not feeling the excitement, since I can relate as I felt out of the hoopla in 2011.
I think 24 Karat is going to gain her fans. Just good music, not bubblegum.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I think 24 Karat is going to gain her fans. Just good music, not bubblegum.
I'm sure she''ll gain some new fans.

Considering the range of disparate opinions among Stevie's fan base, it will have an appeal to some, ambivalence to others, and loathing to the rest.

Each of her solo albums has strengths and weaknesses, based on personal expectations and taste; influenced by the producers and collaborators, and Stevie's state of mind at the time.

I might criticize aspects of an album or a song, but I generally love all of them, in part for their distinction. Bella Donna and Wild Heart share the closet relationship. Every album that came after has own defined space and time.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I'm sure she''ll gain some new fans.

Considering the range of disparate opinions among Stevie's fan base, it will have an appeal to some, ambivalence to others, and loathing to the rest.

Each of her solo albums has strengths and weaknesses, based on personal expectations and taste; influenced by the producers and collaborators, and Stevie's state of mind at the time.

I might criticize aspects of an album or a song, but I generally love all of them, in part for their distinction. Bella Donna and Wild Heart share the closet relationship. Every album that came after has own defined space and time.
Hmmmm, I think that subpar albums lost her a lot of fans and almost destroyed her career. I'm not really talking about her current fans. This is the sort of deep-cut record that will bring old fans back and make a lot of new ones.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Registered

Quote:
I expect a lot more of this .

And that's OK , Like Lady Gaga's ARTPOP.

She released teasers and snippets leading up to the release and by the time it was released people were let down due to a unrealistic expectations, in their minds what the finished / full songs would sound like, didn't match up ... or just tired from playing the snippets repeatedly .

Last edited by olive; 10-05-2014 at 06:34 AM..