Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, but what is a "digital album?"
iTunes/mp3 download of the album. It's not a CD.

Good to see you posting here again!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why would you buy this when you can order it from WB for LESS $$$
Old 08-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I wouldn't mind her performing a new song during the Mac's set, as I stated in my above post. You might note that I actually said I would enjoy hearing "The Dealer" with Fleetwood Mac. I thought Stevie might not want to do it, though.

My point, to distill it down for those who find long posts tiresome, is that I would mind her performing without Fleetwood Mac as an opening act - and I wouldn't be the only one. Few would enjoy a Stevie opening act outside of her hardcores. I think Stevie herself wouldn't find the opening act thing a good idea (again, see my above post).

I agree with everything you said (in both the more complex and the simple posts )-- and suggest, additionally, I don't see Stevie wanting to pay her entire touring band's room, board, luggage, instruments and basic pay for a short set before going on with Fleetwood Mac. It would just be bad business on her part.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I agree with everything you said (in both the more complex and the simple posts )-- and suggest, additionally, I don't see Stevie wanting to pay her entire touring band's room, board, luggage, instruments and basic pay for a short set before going on with Fleetwood Mac. It would just be bad business on her part.
it also begs the question, what would be in her solo set? she would have to leave out Dreams, Rhiannon, Sara, Gold Dust Woman, Landslide and replace them with something else.

Given her reluctance to play new, unfamiliar songs, how much of the new album would she realistically do? (I've always found that argument about not doing new songs the audience doesn't know to be suspect-- that in fact was THE reason bands ever toured in the first place. There was no internet, no social media etc back in the day so the ONLY way anyone heard your new songs was live. And they played PLENTY of new songs on the Tusk tour. More revisionist history on her part; but I digress)

And honestly, it puts Stevie in the awkward position of competing with her band… there's ALWAYS some level of competition between openers and headliners in terms of who's set was better received. Also being the opener means you are less "big" than the headliner-- it's a subordinate position. And honestly do you REALLLLLY think Stevie or her camp would EVER accept her in a subordinate role? Reallly???

Even a co-headlining situation wouldn't fly. Stevie's verrry status-conscious and will not be less than top dog. Never.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

Why would you buy this when you can order it from WB for LESS $$$
I know - blows my mind that the people who bought these two copies wouldn't even think to look elsewhere first. A quick google search would have led them to the Warner music store.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 08-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it also begs the question, what would be in her solo set? she would have to leave out Dreams, Rhiannon, Sara, Gold Dust Woman, Landslide and replace them with something else.

Given her reluctance to play new, unfamiliar songs, how much of the new album would she realistically do? (I've always found that argument about not doing new songs the audience doesn't know to be suspect-- that in fact was THE reason bands ever toured in the first place. There was no internet, no social media etc back in the day so the ONLY way anyone heard your new songs was live. And they played PLENTY of new songs on the Tusk tour. More revisionist history on her part; but I digress)

And honestly, it puts Stevie in the awkward position of competing with her band… there's ALWAYS some level of competition between openers and headliners in terms of who's set was better received. Also being the opener means you are less "big" than the headliner-- it's a subordinate position. And honestly do you REALLLLLY think Stevie or her camp would EVER accept her in a subordinate role? Reallly???

Even a co-headlining situation wouldn't fly. Stevie's verrry status-conscious and will not be less than top dog. Never.
Didn't she do quite a few new songs on her "IYD" tours??? Don't forget the "Heart & Soul" tour where she was not the only top dog...
Old 08-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like the "Polaroid" option for the litho may be sold out as you can only "proceed to checkout with the "24Karat" litho...
Old 08-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Looks like the "Polaroid" option for the litho may be sold out as you can only "proceed to checkout with the "24Karat" litho...
Funny thing is, the 24 Karat litho was listed as being a "polaroid from stevie's personal collection."

So many people freaked out over the choice of a litho being added later, and automatically assumed that the new one, listed as "polaroid litho" was somehow going to be much cooler.

Many on FB have been cancelling their orders and re-ordering to select the 'polaroid litho'.

Warner has already confirmed that neither image has been selected, and that both will be polaroid lithos.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 08-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Funny thing is, the 24 Karat litho was listed as being a "polaroid from stevie's personal collection."

So many people freaked out over the choice of a litho being added later, and automatically assumed that the new one, listed as "polaroid litho" was somehow going to be much cooler.

Many on FB have been cancelling their orders and re-ordering to select the 'polaroid litho'.

Warner has already confirmed that neither image has been selected, and that both will be polaroid lithos.
The option is now gone!!!
This is what's listed...Lithograph: 18” x 24” Limited Edition Heavy Stock Lithograph featuring a photo selected by Nicks’ from her personal Polaroid collection. Hand numbered. Only 2000 in print.

So what was the "24 Karat " litho???
Old 08-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is what's listed...Lithograph: 18” x 24” Limited Edition Heavy Stock Lithograph featuring a photo selected by Nicks’ from her personal Polaroid collection. Hand numbered. Only 2000 in print.

How about A litho of a polaroid. Or shall we watch and see on ebay which one goes higher? lol

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.

Last edited by seeker007nmss; 08-07-2014 at 05:20 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Just another polaroid shot.

I guess when these all ship, we'll be able to compare.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the people who bought the first 24K lithos ... will be send lithos made of pure gold
Old 08-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn't she do quite a few new songs on her "IYD" tours??? Don't forget the "Heart & Soul" tour where she was not the only top dog...
very true… but that was Rod. She would never play second fiddle to Lindsey. Never.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
very true… but that was Rod. She would never play second fiddle to Lindsey. Never.
Lindsey isn't Fleetwood Mac.

I mean, Stevie is not going to open for FM ever, but I don't think it would be playing second fiddle to Lindsey if she did.

The question reminds me of years ago when Janet Jackson was trying to get Michael Jackson to reunite with their brothers for a tour and she said she would gladly be their opening act if the Jacksons got together again. She was still a star at the time and it struck me as being quite an overture on her part.

Michele
Old 08-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lady will be released on iTunes August 25, the cover is probably from Gypsy video. Check your Instagrams.