User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I wish but honestly there is no way you know who would be okay with that.
me too but hopefully she will do a tour after the Fleetwood mac tour.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1 View Post
I am hoping so too, but I could see her incorporating The Dealer into the set sort of like a "Stand Back" kind of thing. Fleetwood Mac technically worked on the demos first before Bella Donna, so it would fit in more with the Mac vibe.. you never know
Old 08-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's great. Also, since we are in the LB forum, I'll just say I think the lyrics were written about Lindsey.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I wish but honestly there is no way you know who would be okay with that.
Stevie has the upper hand here...If Lindsey wants Stevie on a new FM record and a 2015 FM tour he will like it...
Old 08-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Mike Bise, and everyone on the "Ivory Keys" Facebook forum are now stating that the track list provided by "Moe" is real, and that many "sources" have confirmed it today.

HOWEVER, I asked him to list the "sources" that have confirmed it and he simply told me "YOU DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE A THING." (Basically telling me to shut up and butt out)

I told him I'd be happy with this track list but would find it easier to digest if reputable sources were cited, and asked him once again to cite his sources. He continued to "like" and "comment" on other people's posts and questions and has continued to ignore mine.

Is requesting reputable sources a bad thing?
He's been doing this for years, saying things that could be true without providing verifiable sources. It gets around being called a liar.

He's like all of us hyper, narcissistic fans. We thrive on the attention and validation it generates. I'll be the first to admit that this is the reason why fans maintain websites and start forums like Ivory Keys.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Besides the lyrical influences such as She Loves Him Still, this doesn't have much to do with Lindsey. The Huffpost article doesn't mention FM. The Marketwired says ONE sentence at the very end about being on tour with FM. Rolling Stone has two sentences, also at the end. Where is all this publicity you speak of?

Edit- this used to be on the Lindsey forum.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
He's like all of us hyper, narcissistic fans. We thrive on the attention and validation it generates. I'll be the first to admit that this is the reason why fans maintain websites and start forums like Ivory Keys.
Speak for yourself, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Your Dreams
does anyone think there is any possibility that Stevie will open for FM? I mean maybe she can do a short solo set of a couple of 24 Karat Gold songs (and maybe EO17 and SB). Is that why her solo band members were just recently at her house? It could have been a compromise that she made with FM to go on tour with them this year while still being able to promote her new album - at least on the US leg of the tour.
There are several reasons why Stevie opening for Fleetwood Mac would not happen, and I'm not talking about Lindsey being unhappy about it. That's the least of the problems.

Think about it. Do any bands have their own members open for them? Perhaps some band somewhere has done that, but I've never heard of a band doing so, and for good reason. It would come off as a very diva move, puzzle audience members not "in the know" who would be wondering where the rest of the band was, and take away time from Fleetwood Mac's actual concert. We have Christine with the band for the first time in fifteen years, but we're going to cut songs so Stevie can do a thirty minute set to promote her new album?

Incorporating a new solo song into the concert would be reasonable, but Stevie hates to perform new songs that the audience doesn't immediately recognize. Even when she's promoting a new album, we're lucky if she performs more than two new songs. It would actually be mega-cool if Fleetwood Mac were to perform the "The Dealer" and I would love it, but most audience members wouldn't recognize it. I don't think that should be a bar to performing a new song, but Stevie seems to. Remember the Say You Will tour, where she dropped fantastic songs like "Running Through the Garden" and "Destiny Rules" because audiences weren't cheering enough?

The response would be even less enthusiastic if she did this "opening act" idea. Opening acts - even Stevie Nicks - do not get the full attention of the audience members because many are still finding their seats when the performer goes on. Can you imagine her walking out and doing a couple of her new songs while people are still meandering in, looking for their seats? I imagine their lack of attention would be very discouraging to her.

That's why the Mac often comes on a bit late - to give people time to find their seats. Logistically, Stevie couldn't reasonably do that. If she comes on at 8:10, they'd come on at what, 8:45? 9:00? Even if she starts right at 8:00, you've cut into Mac time by at least twenty minutes. All but the very hardest of hardcore Stevie fans would find that trade-off unacceptable.

Now, them playing her single over the loudspeakers before the show as people make themselves comfortable... that's an idea.

Last edited by sodascouts; 08-06-2014 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: removing redundancy
Old 08-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Speak for yourself, my friend.

There are many, many reasons why Stevie opening for Fleetwood Mac would not happen, and I'm not talking about Lindsey being unhappy about it. That's the least of the problems.

Think about it. Do any bands have their own members open for them? Perhaps some band somewhere has done that, but I've never heard of a band doing so, and for good reason. It would come off as a very diva move, puzzle audience members not "in the know" who would be wondering where the rest of the band was, and take away time from Fleetwood Mac's actual concert. We have Christine with the band for the first time in fifteen years, but we're going to cut songs so Stevie can do a thirty minute set to promote her new album?

Incorporating a new solo song into the concert would be reasonable, but Stevie hates to perform new songs that the audience doesn't immediately recognize. Even when she's promoting a new album, we're lucky if she performs more than two new songs. It would actually be mega-cool if Fleetwood Mac were to perform the "The Dealer" and I would love it, but most audience members wouldn't recognize it. I don't think that should be a bar to performing a new song, but Stevie seems to. Remember the Say You Will tour, where she dropped fantastic songs like "Running Through the Garden" and "Destiny Rules" because audiences weren't cheering enough?

The response would be even less enthusiastic if she did this "opening act" idea. Opening acts - even Stevie Nicks - do not get the full attention of the audience members because many are still finding their seats when the performer goes on. Can you imagine her walking out and doing a couple of her new songs while people are still meandering in, looking for their seats? I imagine their lack of attention would be very discouraging to her.

That's why the Mac often comes on a bit late - to give people time to find their seats. Logistically, Stevie couldn't reasonably do that. If she comes on at 8:10, they'd come on at what, 8:45? 9:00? Even if she starts right at 8:00, you've cut into Mac time by at least twenty minutes. All but the very hardest of hardcore Stevie fans would find that trade-off unacceptable.

Now, them playing her single over the loudspeakers before the show as people make themselves comfortable... that's an idea.
From the "24 Karat Gold songs in a Fleetwood Mac set list" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I think people are slightly missing the point here...

Stevie planned on taking the usual break for solo work after the FM tour and made plans
one of them being making a record "24K"(which we now know
she was under contract with WB to get done) and one would imagine
a tour in support of the new record
Stevie's fans have had this opportunity stolen from them...
Stevie's fans have waited as long time for
her to do something like this and now it (24 Karat Gold) is going to get
inadequate & limited promotion and NO TOUR!

This isn't about Stevie turning FM into a Stevie Nicks concert it's about compromise...
Stevie made a huge compromise when she told the band that she would tour with
FM instead of(compromise ) a solo tour in support of her new
record...
Stevie very easily could have told the band "You know what everyone
knows I have a contract and need to record an album for WB so I absolutely
have to get the album done and then I'm going to do a tour for it and once
I'm done with that we can do FM" but that's not what she did Stevie
compromised
so FM could have their "Reunion Tour" sooner rather than later...

Since Stevie went way out of her way so this reunion tour could happen and
gave up (compromise) a promotional tour for 24K just so the
FM fans could have what they have been waiting for is it to much to ask
that she be able to sing 1 or 2 of her new songs?

Mick, Lindsey and Christine all get to showcase their talents with a "solo"
why can't Stevie's little solo portion of the show be a song or two from her
new album?
Old 08-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I wouldn't mind her performing a new song during the Mac's set, as I stated in my above post. You might note that I actually said I would enjoy hearing "The Dealer" with Fleetwood Mac. I thought Stevie might not want to do it, though.

I see that you copied and pasted a reply you made to someone else who apparently said something different than I did. Perhaps it would have been more productive to address my post's content instead.

My point, to distill it down for those who find long posts tiresome, is that I would mind her performing without Fleetwood Mac as an opening act - and I wouldn't be the only one. Few would enjoy a Stevie opening act outside of her hardcores. I think Stevie herself wouldn't find the opening act thing a good idea (again, see my above post).

Last edited by sodascouts; 08-06-2014 at 12:57 PM..
Old 08-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The CD and vinyl are now listed on Amazon.

No gold colored vinyl, unfortunately. Oh well. Here's the description on the vinyl release...

"2-LP 125-gram black vinyl in gatefold jacket with insert. Includes download card and sticker."
Old 08-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
The CD and vinyl are now listed on Amazon.

No gold colored vinyl, unfortunately. Oh well. Here's the description on the vinyl release...

"2-LP 125-gram black vinyl in gatefold jacket with insert. Includes download card and sticker."
I was wondering why you thought it would be gold vinyl.

I want that 'sticker' to be a car window decal.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 08-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Oh, it was just wishful thinking on my part. A lot of artists press their records on colored vinyl to make it more unique. I have a pink vinyl for both Tori's "Under The Pink" and Madonna's "Bedtime Stories", a clear vinyl for "The World according to Brent Hunter & Nina Ramsby", a red vinyl for Self's "Subliminal Plastic Motives" and so on and so on...

I just think it's cool.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1 View Post
I don't think there is any doubt she will. She always surprises me with the songs she chooses to pull out of the vault. She obviously has a lot of love for these particular songs and I'm sure it's somewhat torturous for her to go out on the road with FM and do the standards, Christine returning not withstanding.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
There are several reasons why Stevie opening for Fleetwood Mac would not happen, and I'm not talking about Lindsey being unhappy about it. That's the least of the problems.
I don't think she would even consider opening. But if she did, they might just have that fight where they "exploded into burning timbers." I shudder to think.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
For that price it should be...