User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Ocean View Post
Another reason Stevie should be there is to temper the schmaltz LB and CM come up with when left to their own devices. Mystified and You and I Part II are truly awful songs. I can only assume that they spent a lot of time in elevators together, looking for inspiration.

I listened to TITN all the way through this morning, to see if I'd had a change of heart about these two songs (and Family Man). Nope. I still think they are highly polished sonic turds.

They've done amazing things on CM's songs when he has fleshed out her demos but as co-writers, Blech!
I really like Mystified, and this version of You and I

http://youtu.be/4qJzoAjed1M
Old 05-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Another reason Stevie should be there is to temper the schmaltz LB and CM come up with when left to their own devices. Mystified and You and I Part II are truly awful songs. I can only assume that they spent a lot of time in elevators together, looking for inspiration.

I listened to TITN all the way through this morning, to see if I'd had a change of heart about these two songs (and Family Man). Nope. I still think they are highly polished sonic turds.

They've done amazing things on CM's songs when he has fleshed out her demos but as co-writers, Blech!
Good Lord..I hadn't really thought about it but you are right.Their only decent co-write was World Turning nearly 40 years ago..Shame on Stevie although I really am exicted about her new solo album.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Good Lord..I hadn't really thought about it but you are right.Their only decent co-write was World Turning nearly 40 years ago..Shame on Stevie although I really am exicted about her new solo album.

I want Lindsey to reproduce this. I think this is great song that didn't get the production it deserved. This is the acoustic version.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post

I want Lindsey to reproduce this. I think this is great song that didn't get the production it deserved. This is the acoustic version.
I have ITM and absolutely agree..If she had participated in SYW this song could have been a hit and that album would have at least gone platinum which it nearly did anyway.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No critical comments about Mystified please, it hurts too much. Love the song and always will.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
No critical comments about Mystified please, it hurts too much. Love the song and always will.
I love Mystified as well. They also wrote Isn't It Midnight, too.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mystified has you floating on a beautiful cloud of sound for three and a half magic minutes. Utterly delicious combination of voice, lyrics, and effects. Ear candy.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Mystified has you floating on a beautiful cloud of sound for three and a half magic minutes. Utterly delicious combination of voice, lyrics, and effects. Ear candy.
the whole album has the mcvie/buckingham stamp all over it. It's such a great album.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Mystified is a great song as is Isn't It Midnight.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Well this may be a recent development. Maybe a recent conversation they had. I don't think it's something they knew all along. I'd say their interviews over the past 2 months seem to imply they didn't. In fact, Lindsey said as much in the initial interviews following the tour announcement. But I think even those of us who were skeptical were hoping they would reach some kind of an agreement about it and they did, supposedly. It was just frustrating that no one would a give a confirmation to that effect which is why I think this is a recent thing. Even then, there seems a bit of a skeptical tone in Lindsey's voice when he said it.
I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear their conversations. I can only imagine the nasty,sarcastic tone and words used during that phone call between Bucky and Stevie-"what the f..k Stevie?We've got some great momentum going for this record and,as usual,your diva pain in the ass has to go and screw it all up.But thanks for assuring us that you'll be here after you're off of your power trip.But we're still going to practically bang each other on stage this tour,right?" These two-it never ends
Old 05-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Mystified is a great song as is Isn't It Midnight.
Agreed. And Isn't It Midnight sounded so beautiful live. I hope Lindsey is aware of that. He said he didn't watch the FM shows without him in it. I hope he heard that song.

Michele
Old 05-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Junior Ledgie

[QUOTE=Autumn Ocean;1129485]Another reason Stevie should be there is to temper the schmaltz LB and CM come up with when left to their own devices. Mystified and You and I Part II are truly awful songs. I can only assume that they spent a lot of time in elevators together, looking for inspiration.

Yes, and what was Stevie's great contribution to Tango? That absolute turd of a song "When I see You Again". No thanks Stevie, stay in Nashville.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:34 PM

[QUOTE=themisto;1129751]
Quote:

Yes, and what was Stevie's great contribution to Tango? That absolute turd of a song "When I see You Again". No thanks Stevie, stay in Nashville.
Haha!! You crack me up.... I happen to like that song and take a lot of flack for it.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One person's ear candy is another person's excruciating earache..AEB by your opinions of Bella Donna era Nicks.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
One person's ear candy is another person's excruciating earache..AEB by your opinions of Bella Donna era Nicks.
The beauty of something like Mystified is its complexity. There is little such beauty in the Bella Donna tracks. Production quality and a vision of how to create atmosphere makes all the difference.