User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
That's true. I assumed that he meant she wasn't sure when her material would be ready for studio recording with them, but she was working on it. All these diva scenarios didn't occur to me until I came to the Ledge and read all the accusations and condemnations being thrown around.

I will say that it wouldn't surprise me if there were tensions about producing, though. In her mind, Lindsey's no longer the guy who always knows just what to do with her songs to make them great, and that has to hurt him.
This is just my two cents: I think Stevie's hesitation to record, if she is, in fact, hesitant, comes down to who will produce her songs. As others have posted, my hunch is that she's trying to get Dave Stewart on board, in some form or fashion...and that may account for the question of when she starts recording. Dave is a busy guy. Another factor may be that she's still working on new, current songs for the project. Just my guess. I do hope and expect that Stevie will eventually get on board but I really hope she doesn't slow up the process too much.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-29-2014, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This will not be a 33 city tour. Christine HAD to commit long term--Lindsey has said this repeatedly. They did not want another Dance tour where they have huge momentum and CM packs it in after 35 shows. They ALL (Stevie included) want to go full tilt and make the most of this opportunity. This will be the last tour for all 5.

I think they are waiting to see how sales go (they will be fine) to (possibly) add shows to current markets. Secondary markets will happen in 2015. They wanted the major markets first--guaranteed money first. There is no room to add markets to this initial run. There will be more later. I would guess those later shows would get announced later this summer.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:35 AM

I have a feeling tickets are going to sell fast.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I have a feeling tickets are going to sell fast.
I agree. I have friends chattering about it on FB and replying to the venue RSVP alerts in greater numbers that I imagined. I was just moaning in the vip ticket thread that tickets (non vip) are on stubhub now. I never have good luck with presales but may take what I can get just to get a ticket (for now).
Old 03-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Junior Ledgie

First off - super excited to hear the all the good news!! Second, I quickly read through a bunch of the interviews as well as the many of your comments, and am pleased to hear some movement towards an album.

Anyway, I really picked up on how complimentary Christine was/is being, particularly towards Lindsey. I think it's all very sweet, and still do, yet after reading a bunch of your comments in regards to an album's hold-up possibly being an issue between Lindsey and Stevie, then it is actually interesting to see Christine publicly praising her and Lindsey's chemistry, as well praising his work on her songs (she said she loved what he does with her songs, and he said he made one of them a bit strange). I totally believe she's being genuine and is just super excited to be back at it. But if (and I emphasize if) some of what some of you are hinting at is true (that there is an issue between L/S with regards to producers/writing/etc.), then I wonder what role Christine will play in all of this? She seems to be on board with Lindsey (seemingly)...do you think that will have an effect on Stevie?

Regardless, still thrilled to hear the band is back together!!

Last edited by Iktomi; 03-29-2014 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: Clarity
Old 03-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My prediction on the new album.....

14 or 15 songs
I didn't before but I do think it will include songs from the EP
5/6 Lindsey songs
4 Christine songs
4 Stevie Songs
1 "Group song" ( could be written by one/two of them or all but a Chain/In the back of my Mind track)
There will be at least on track with a Lindsey/ Christine duo (like Don't Stop, World Turning, Hold Me)
A Lindsey Stevie duo (like I Don't Want To Know, Without You)

I don't think this will be a Rumours 2 but this will be the closest thing to their first two albums,
Old 03-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
This will not be a 33 city tour. Christine HAD to commit long term--Lindsey has said this repeatedly. They did not want another Dance tour where they have huge momentum and CM packs it in after 35 shows. They ALL (Stevie included) want to go full tilt and make the most of this opportunity. This will be the last tour for all 5.

I think they are waiting to see how sales go (they will be fine) to (possibly) add shows to current markets. Secondary markets will happen in 2015. They wanted the major markets first--guaranteed money first. There is no room to add markets to this initial run. There will be more later. I would guess those later shows would get announced later this summer.
As previously mention, they have had discussions about group activities for the next few years. Not just this one tour. My guess is that'll include an album and another tour. But even if they put an album out after this tour it seems like they will have toured quite a bit between this tour and last year's tour. In any case, Christine is back full time, not just for this one tour, so whatever the band does she'll do. I doubt this is a farewell tour.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I would love to know what really happened during the recording of Say You Will because I honestly think that whatever it was is what is making Stevie noncommittal now.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I would love to know what really happened during the recording of Say You Will because I honestly think that whatever it was is what is making Stevie noncommittal now.
Somebody got Thrown Down!!
Old 03-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
LOL, "not obstinate?" Don't you think that Lindsey would be announcing only too gladly that she is back in the studio with the band if she were? He's been lobbying publicly so hard for it, and now we are supposed to believe that she's in there and he's decided to get all secretive about it?
Uhm, where in anything that I wrote, did I say that Stevie's already in the studio working with them and Lindsey's just keeping it mum?

I did say that, for all we know, it's possible she's visited them in the studio. But I never once suggested (nor do I believe) that she's working/recording with them yet.

If you're going to razz me for something, at least make sure it's something I actually said.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
from your mouth... that would be great!!

the way things seem to be going, with no new album before / during the tour, i don't expect to see LB solo before the time when he can barely walk around with the cane. i expect revolving FM tour with the same songs over and over (let's face it it's been since 1977 they've been playing pretty much the same setlist ) for the next 5 years or whenever one of them drops dead.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
from your mouth... that would be great!!

the way things seem to be going, with no new album before / during the tour, i don't expect to see LB solo before the time when he can barely walk around with the cane. i expect revolving FM tour with the same songs over and over (let's face it it's been since 1977 they've been playing pretty much the same setlist ) for the next 5 years or whenever one of them drops dead.
The question is how many "Fleetwood Mac cash grab tours" can the market stand in a short period of time??? They toured in 2013 will be doing shows in 2014 and it's expected they will continue touring in 2015...2017 will be a big year for FM with it being the bands 50th anniversary not to mention the 40th for "Rumours" and I'm quite sure WB will be issuing a "Rumours super special deluxe 40th box set" and WB will want an FM tour to promote it...
Old 03-29-2014, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
The question is how many "Fleetwood Mac cash grab tours" can the market stand in a short period of time??? They toured in 2013 will be doing shows in 2014 and it's expected they will continue touring in 2015...2017 will be a big year for FM with it being the bands 50th anniversary not to mention the 40th for "Rumours" and I'm quite sure WB will be issuing a "Rumours super special deluxe 40th box set" and WB will want an FM tour to promote it...

Noooooooooo. The Rumours reissues are done. It's either Mirage and Tango as far as re hashing past stuff for this tour with the new album.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Noooooooooo. The Rumours reissues are done. It's Mirage and Tango as far as re hashing past stuff for this tour to release.
I think it's time to start a letter and email-writing campaign to Warner Bros for 'Mirage' and 'Tango' expanded remasters. They're long overdue. Plus, "Everywhere" (in the UK) and "Seven Wonders" (in the US) each had renewed popularity last year and a return to the charts, thanks to the 3 #DancePonyDance commercial and American Horror Story: Coven, respectively. So there's certainly an interest in the band's music from that era.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 03-29-2014 at 01:57 PM..
Old 03-29-2014, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I think it's time to start a letter and email-writing campaign to Warner Bros for 'Mirage' and 'Tango' expanded remasters. They're long overdue. Plus, "Everywhere" (in the UK) and "Seven Wonders" (in the US) each had renewed popularity last year and a return to the charts, thanks to the 3 #DancePonyDance commercial and American Horror Story: Coven, respectively. So there's certainly an interest in the band's music from that era.
Will WB invest the time & money on re mastering Mirage & Tango when it's possible that they will loose the rights to those albums in the near future?