User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
I have a question about this book. I do not have time to go through all of the past pages right now, even though I will, but I am reading this Carol Anne Harris book. I found several things that were oddly a lie. So to make sure I am not crazy can someone confirm a few things for me? First of all she talks about the Grammy incident where Lindsey was stoned and went up the steps and she claims he was all alone and his legs were all rubber band, and the band stood back and watched him and did not help. if I remember correct, I saw this footage and saw the rubber band legs going up the steps but Stevie was right beside him guiding him up. Is this true? Next weird thing I found. The Rolling Stone cover shoot at Lindsey's house. She mentioned nothing about Lindsey and Stevie remaining in bed kissing after the shoot was over. However in another book, someone claims they did. Also I had the pleasure of meeting Stevie and saw the rest of the band at a rehearsal. My Mother's friend Barbara invited my Mom to go to the rehearsal. I got to tag along. I never spoke to anyone except Stevie and a few of her female friends who sat with us for about an hour and I took everything in, even they way she smelled. My Mom and Barbara told me about the dynamics of the group etc and I sort of understood at such a young age, but anyway, at one point I had to use the little girls room, I was told to go down the hall blah blah, well when I turned the corner, there was Stevie up against the wall and Lindsey was kissing her. I had no idea or clue Lindsey was dating this Carol girl. I was young and just happened to be there. Over the years I of course loved FM and Stevie and feel very lucky to have met her and I remember everything she said to me. In Carol's book she made it seem like Lindsey was over Stevie. Well he was not if they were kissing in a hall way during the Tusk rehearsal. Also why does she keep saying "we" like she was part of the band? She claims "The Chain" is "our" anthem?! I should have read this book a long time ago. I found it very strange how she forces the reader to keep thinking she was part of FM and bragging about being in the circle. I have photos with Stevie on this night I met her and will post them when I figure out how to up load them to a specific size I was told. I just want to know about the Grammy incident and the Rolling Stone Cover incident and if anyone else knows of any times where Stevie and Lindsey hooked up after they broke up, because they sure did the night I was there. Thank you for any help with my questions.
Hello, glad you joined the ledge. Your story is great and it goes to show you how much of an impression Stevie and the band made on you, when you were young because your story is very detailed. FYI Stevie has said the perfume she uses is Fresca not sure what brand it is though.

I don't doubt you saw Stevie and Lindsey making out in the hall. It's been rumored for along time that the two of them were hooking up off and on at least up until 82-83.

I don't know if you've gotten to the part in the book where Carol claims Stevie grabbed Carol during a show (when they were both off stage) and started screaming at Carol that she would never allow Lindsey to marry her (which I believe she really did do). Carol HAD TO tell Lindsey about it (drama queen) even though she says Stevie was completely stoned when she did it then Lindsey supposedly was "upset" about it and said he would talk to Stevie. When they all get to the hotel Lindsey and Stevie head off to HER ROOM to "discuss the incident" and Carol then admits Lindsey was GONE FOR SEVERAL HOURS. I mean how long does it take to tell you ex girlfriend to lay off your new girlfriend and why would you feel the need to go to your ex girlfriends room to have a discussion? There were a lot of comments by fans like "Carol should have check Lindsey for rug burns when he got back to there room", so what you saw was no surprise.

As to Carol's memory, I believe Carol really did love Lindsey (not sure if Lindsey truly loved Carol, but I think he tried to) and wanted to believe he no longer cared or loved Stevie, but I did read that when Carol was doing press for the book she admitted that she knew Lindsey still loved Stevie no matter how crazy Stevie made him and that she knew Lindsey in fact loved Stevie the entire time she was with him. However, Carol failed to mention this fact in her book.

I did not see her book as bashing Stevie, like some fans say she did. To me she tried to exclude Stevie from Lindsey life as much as possible. Such as the Rolling Stones cover incident, she never mentions it and in fact makes it seem like it never happened (I think she wished it never happened) she also doesn't mention how Lindsey reacted when he found out Stevie and Mick were having an affair. Through out the book she keeps saying she wonders when Lindsey will find out, and if Lindsey knows about the affair and then....Nothing...she just drops it. Which makes me think he was pretty upset about it. Lindsey claims he was calm when he found out and didn't really care, but Mick and Stevie have said otherwise, they've both said the tension within the band once Lindsey found out about the affair was (if possible) even worse. Carol also completely drops the story of Robin's death. She says that Stevie called Lindsey right after Robin died crying but then again drops the story. She never says what Lindsey said or did after he learned about Robin's death which again makes me believe Lindsey may have gone to Stevie and tried to comfort her in some way or maybe he just tried to be there for Stevie in someway. So what I saw Carol doing was a lot of history redacting (or ignoring history) where Stevie was involved and anytime a story just drops off or it's barely mentioned, I assume Stevie must have been involved in it and Carol doesn't want to talk or think about it.

As to Carol recording conversations, to me that speaks VOLUMES. If you plan on spending the rest of your life with this man then why record thoughts, stories and conversations for later, UNLESS you think it may not last and that you might possibly write a book about your experiences later on. Carol would have known how private Lindsey is and that he would NEVER have approved her writing a story about him and the band if they stayed together. (IMO) I think Lindsey finding these tapes were the beginning of the end for them, because after that he seem to lose interest in Carol. He didn't require her to be with him 24/7 and that she go on tour with him anymore. He was OK with her modeling and doing other things even though he stayed with her for several more years.

As for Carol's claims that Lindsey violent attacked her for no reason, I am not sure what to think about that. I think some of it must have been true, because Stevie has admitted Lindsey choked her during a fight and Ken Calliat claims Lindsey choked him for erasing some guitar tracks. So it does seem she maybe telling the truth, but I don't believe the attack were unprovoked or that she doesn't know why they happened like she claims. I read that Carol's coke habit was pretty bad and some people have claimed she would spend 3000.00 dollars a week (of Lindsey's money) on Coke and be gone for 2-3 days at at time at parties. Which I think goes along with the story she tells about Dennis Wilson where she says was with him and the band at the studio getting stoned, then everyone (except Lindsey) goes over to Christine's house to continue the party and then the next afternoon she and Dennis go (by themselves) to get party supplies for Christine and end up in Dennis motel room "talking" (don't believe that) for several hours before heading back to Christine's house. To me that was a fight with Lindsey just waiting to happen and I'm sure there are many, many more she neglected to tell us about because she either may not remember them well (she was too stoned) or again, doesn't want to talk about them. It seemed to me the only person she cared to put in a bad light was Lindsey while trying to paint herself as a martyr/victim.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OH MY GOD there is footage of Lindsey making out with this woman Carol? EWwww, sorry I just can't imagine it. This woman has zero personality. I guess I am judging her because when you're young and have a wonderful romantic image in your head about two people, it's hard to see them with another person. Even more hard when the person is boring, no self esteem and was clearly just a groupie girlfriend that Lindsey used as a Mommy figure.
Lindsey was with Carol for seven years. I can't believe she was nothing more than a groupie.

As for her being a mommy figure ... I find that an odd way of describing Carol. If you mean that he wanted someone to nurture him, I'm not really sure if that was her role, although she does say she took care of him when he was sick and FM didn't care about him. I don't believe that FM didn't care about him, btw. I think they were concerned.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
1970sin-love-with-gf-thus-acting-close-and-cute-and-in-a-good-mood Lindsey who did/does stuff like that.
well, Mama *is* sporting her new boobs in this clip also.... just sayin'....
Old 11-24-2013, 01:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I may have done the same re. the vomiting. I certainly did a good deal of eye-rolling when he was kissing her in front of the camera. Mostly because he was keeping an eye open and on the camera to make sure said kissing was being filmed...
This is also a guy who will pantomime skating with his (ex)girlfriend, when he's onstage and in a good mood. #neutralitymyarse
Interesting he felt the need to make sure it was visually documented.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OH MY GOD there is footage of Lindsey making out with this woman Carol? EWwww, sorry I just can't imagine it. This woman has zero personality. I guess I am judging her because when you're young and have a wonderful romantic image in your head about two people, it's hard to see them with another person. Even more hard when the person is boring, no self esteem and was clearly just a groupie girlfriend that Lindsey used as a Mommy figure. The song Go Insane, when he says "She's a lot like you" is he comparing her to Stevie?
You can watch the videos of Lindsey and carol making out on YouTube. Just search for fleetwood mac rumours tour behind the scenes. He and Carol were all over each other, but honestly for Lindsey part I'm think it was done so publicly for several reasons 1) he was trying to get back at Stevie for leaving him, and most likely trying to make her jealous. 2) It helped his ego to have a woman fawning all over him publicly or otherwise 3) It showed fans that he was over Stevie and onto greener pastures, that's why I think he's kissing carol with one eye open trying to figure out where the camera is. As to using Carol as a mommy, I think that maybe over simplelefying it a bit too much. Stevie says Lindsey hates to be alone and Lindsey has said in the past that he never really had male friends just girlfriends, so Carol was there all the time so Lindsey would not be alone. Kinda a friend/girlfriend/companion. Though Lindsey seems to be overcoming his fear of being alone in the last few years.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
Stevie says Lindsey hates to be alone and Lindsey has said in the past that he never really had male friends just girlfriends, so Carol was there all the time so Lindsey would not be alone.
But Richard came back and was living with Lindsey and Carol, so Lindsey wouldn't have been alone if Carol had left. And Carol mentioned another male friend of Lindsey's that was with them when they got robbed that time. When Stevie left that time for 6 months, Richard was still there too.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Girl View Post
Interesting he felt the need to make sure it was visually documented.
I'm sure he kissed her when the cameras weren't rolling as well.

Even Lindsey's brother, who was not a fan of Carol's in the end, said that the first years they were together seemed great and he had never seen Lindsey so happy.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm sure he kissed her when the cameras weren't rolling as well.

Even Lindsey's brother, who was not a fan of Carol's in the end, said that the first years they were together seemed great and he had never seen Lindsey so happy.

Michele
Though.. it's funny because I just saw a youtube video of Lindsey telling someone in the audience at one of his solo shows how unhappy specifically the years from 1977-1987 were for him.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
Though.. it's funny because I just saw a youtube video of Lindsey telling someone in the audience at one of his solo shows how unhappy specifically the years from 1977-1987 were for him.
can you link us up?

love seeing vids of Lindsey that i never saw before!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i don't think she meant literally "alone" - being afraid to be alone like having to sleep with the nightlight if nobody's around.

the way i understand it is - alone as having nobody in your life at specific times, nobody to come back home to. Lindsey has definitely not been alone in the last decade and a half, since he started a family.

and at the time he was with Carol, they most of the time had one or more of his male friends living or at least constantly hanging out with them - including Richard.

same when he was living with Stevie, they had tons of struggling musicians around in their apartment at any given time it seemed.

so i don''t see "he had to have a gf so that he's not alone" argument being very valid.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
can you link us up?

love seeing vids of Lindsey that i never saw before!
Sure! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s5o3XSmtIQ
Old 11-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
thanks!

ha, that was when he was talking to our own Goddess and her husband, about the Buckingham family logo t-shirt.

according to everybody who was at that Council Bluffs show (lots of people from TL!), it was one of the best Lindsey solo shows ever. clubs seem to really fit his raunchy solo style, more than theaters and definitely more than those restaurant-style places he hates (but we love - like Chicago Winery!).

Old 11-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What was the logo?
Old 11-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
What was the logo?
something with bulls i think? i guess he was selling those shirts as OOTC tour shirts at one point? hope Goddess chimes in, or Viv or redtulip who were all there.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
What was the logo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
something with bulls i think? i guess he was selling those shirts as OOTC tour shirts at one point? hope Goddess chimes in, or Viv or redtulip who were all there.
It was a pig/hog bucking like a horse - a Bucking ham...

Last edited by Lindsfan; 11-24-2013 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: add a pic