The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I traded it in with another Stevie/FM CD trader. From what I can tell it was some kind of MTV thing (unplugged??) but not all tapelists Ive seen reference the MTV thing. Its a SBD sourced tape with just the five of them called "Dancing Alone", much like the bootlegged "Dancing Again".

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 08-13-2003, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dancing Alone CD

I have this bootleg CD. It sounds like it is from the Dance CD with just the 5 of them & mostly the drums & bass. There is some of the guitar work left in, but unfortunately the keyboards are gone. You can hear the vocals of Christine, Stevie & Lindsey perfectly, though. I would recommend this CD for that alone.

Last edited by macfan 57; 08-13-2003 at 06:03 AM..
Old 08-13-2003, 06:21 AM

I love listening to this CD...it's one of those you can play without skipping a song....It really captures that era of Fleetwood Mac well...Listen to it and you are literally thrown back in time and you can almost see Stevie whirling around in her chiffon!!

Stevie's songs are strong here, even though her voice fades in and out, it gives it a kind of 'reflective' tone, which is what the song is about and it makes it more special....Plus this CD gave us "Fireflies" which I absolutely love.....it's Stevie's beautiful tribute to Fleetwood Mac.

Obviously, Rhiannon is a favorite....I love to hear any version where Stevie 'tears it up'!! And she and Lindsey are great together on the BN song "Don't Let Me Down Again."

It captures Lindsey at his finest...He truly is a 'live performer'...the studio only captures a hint of what Lindsey is about...He really was made for the stage!!

I love Christine's "Farmer's Daughter"...the harmonies are beautiful...with all due respect however, there really is no difference between 'studio' Christine and 'live' Christine....Stevie and Lindsey seem to 'come alive' on stage...Christine doesn't...at least not that I have seen...Can you picture her 'headbanging' a the keyboard or something?? Dancing or doing 'high kicks' (J/K)...She's a class act, just a little bit more 'subdued' than Stevie and Lindsey.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by TwoTricky
with all due respect however, there really is no difference between 'studio' Christine and 'live' Christine....Stevie and Lindsey seem to 'come alive' on stage...Christine doesn't...at least not that I have seen...Can you picture her 'headbanging' a the keyboard or something?? Dancing or doing 'high kicks' (J/K)...She's a class act, just a little bit more 'subdued' than Stevie and Lindsey.
Her keyboard playing is actually quite a bit different onstage, typically. She loosens up, doesn't keep so firmly planted within the confines of the rhythm pattern, gets bluesier. Fans always give short shrift to Chris as a keyboardist, oddly enough. What little appreciation I've ever heard for her playing has generally come from either critics or non-fans.

Also, that "Dancing Alone" thing was just a fiddle-and-diddle job with the various channels of the 5.1 DVD. It was NOT taken from some vault or some alleged soundboard. It's cool, though, because with some of the channels turned down or off, you can hear some of the weird vocal harmonies & instrumental flubs.

As for the "Live" album, I love it!
Old 08-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Hell Yeah.

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller
Stevie's version of "Landslide" on this album is very interesting. She sounds worn out! "...but the woman is so tired".... yeah, she sounds in dire need of some rest. I like this version though, I think because it sounds so road weary and raw.
This version is heartbreaking!!!. Remember, for whatever reason, Stevie couldn't hit those low E-flat's during this era- so they upped the key into "G". She would never do it the same again....

"I'm still.... afraid of... changing....
Because I.... I built my life....... around you....... "

PRICELESSS!!!!
Old 08-13-2003, 03:11 PM
joe

Default Re: Re: Hell Yeah.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Tower
This version is heartbreaking!!!. Remember, for whatever reason, Stevie couldn't hit those low E-flat's during this era- so they upped the key into "G". She would never do it the same again....

"I'm still.... afraid of... changing....
Because I.... I built my life....... around you....... "

PRICELESSS!!!!
it's so funny cause she goes from soft to loud so many times in that song....don't turn up the volume cause she'll come blaring out of nowhere:

ohhhh...take this love....take it down...climb a mountain and then you TURN AROUND!!!