Old 09-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk by kaypee24

Old 09-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dreams by John Keaveney

Old 09-21-2013, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there last night. I don't have the time to give a full review because I've got to get ready to travel back to Dublin from Belfast for the second show!

A few things that struck me:
1 - Stevie seemed really lacklustre for the first three or four songs. She was sapping my enjoyment. Then she clicked and was great for the rest of the show. Maybe she just needed to settle back into it.

2 - Stevie talked about how long her WY speech had become, said she wasn't sure she could remember it all but would do it anyway. She kept forgetting bit and getting lost. Honestly, if I'd not heard it before on YouTube I think I wouldn't have got what she was saying. She also said that she'd been telling the wrong story in the US! She's gone back (apparently because Lindsey pointed it out) to the version where Mick chose them because they needed a lead guitar, not because he heard WY.

3 - Lindsey was great, energetic and lively. However, I didn't feel like all of his guitar playing (particularly lead stuff) was as tight as it has been on one or two occasions. Perhaps it's the break as well. The rest of the crowd didn't seem to notice though.

4 - Not That Funny is fantastic! I'd avoided YouTube versions and it's great.

5 - As usual, Stand Back sticks out like a sore thumb. It just doesn't feel like a FM song. I enjoy it but I always feel I'd rather have another FM song.

6 - Setlist hasn't changed at all.

7 - The audience was great. Fleetwood Mac shows in Dublin always have great crowds.

8 - I'm not sure if the show was being filmed but there were two cameras near me and plenty of other ones to do close ups and aerial shots of Mick. They'd two screens to each side of the stage so I assume that's what they were for. The screens actually looked at times like it could have been playing the Live in Boston DVD because they all looked the same!

That's all off the top of my head for now. I was about half way back in the hall and tonight I've got standing tickets. I'm planning on being front row in front of Lindsey so I'll probably have to leave soon for the 2.5 hour bus journey!

EDIT: I should also say that I thoroughly enjoyed the show! It was on a par with the 2009 shows but not as good as Lindsey's GOS tour that I was at.

Last edited by Peestie; 09-21-2013 at 05:19 AM..
Old 09-21-2013, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The video of Without You. Very enjoyable, I think. Stevie gets lost and muddled even MORE than usual; Lindsey's very patient and reassures her it's fine and to take her time, lol. He apparently *always* agrees with her, ha, and she's upgraded him to a "brilliant, smoking hot lead guitar player". Lucky boy.

"Before fame and all the creepiness creeped in, there was a really sweet girl and a really sweet boy that sang together and made beautiful music and wrote a song like this."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
"Before fame and all the creepiness creeped in, there was a really sweet girl and a really sweet boy that sang together and made beautiful music and wrote a song like this."
That was my favorite line also, from the WY speech Stevie gave here.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Am actually reposting it here but with the correct spelling of Lindsey's name because, LYNDSEY?! Really?!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...in-review.html

Amidst an absolute thunder of drums, a sleek, racing Formula One bass line and a fuzzed-up guitar attack, a high male and low female voice coalesce in a gorgeous California sunshine harmony to deliver Fleetwood Mac's key message: "You can never break the chain."

Apparently not. They've been going 45 years in one incarnation or another, yet they still seem quite unlikely, a fundamentally disparate and unstable set of elements forced through sheer popularity to share a stage together with results that may well be greater than the sum of the parts but still teeter on the brink of a kind of explosive disintegration. This long-running soap opera of conflicting personalities and opposing musical styles remains extraordinarily alive and compelling.

Even without the perfect pop songs of Christine McVie (who left the soap at the end of the last century but is rumoured to be returning for a guest appearance at their London concerts this week) and unwilling to draw on nine early albums of blues rock, Fleetwood Mac still seem to comprise at least three groups in one. There's the British rhythm section of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, looking all Chas & Dave in waistcoats and flat caps, driving everything along with a propulsive pub rock efficiency. Then there's Lindsey Buckingham's new wave art rock energy, hopping up and down on the spot in tight pants and leather jacket as he rips out trippy, echoing guitar parts and sings snappy songs like he's going to combust if he doesn't get the words out. Meanwhile Stevie Nicks, the hippie wet dream now looking like a dark folk witch, still waving her scarves about and drawling poetic fantasies in a voice that no longer floats ethereally but cuts and thrusts with the Americana grit of a female Dylan. On paper, this is a combination that shouldn't work. Yet that sense of hanging together by a thread is part of what lends the old troupers such vitality. This may be the least comfortable excercise in nostalgia I have ever seen and all the better for it.

There is nothing smooth about Fleetwood Mac. Somehow, even after all this time, they don't have the polish of a west coast harmonic rock machine like The Eagles. Their set is surprisingly gnarly and edgy, constantly being dragged between all these opposing musical poles. Indeed, they seem to delight in contrariness, filling up a nearly three hour set with offbeat selections from the provocatively odd and unloved Tusk and new material from a recent EP, frequently preceded by rambling monologues from Buckingham or Nicks that are longer and more involved than the songs themselves. "If we're looking a little frazzled it might be because we are a little frazzled," apologises Nicks, blaming the stresses on it being the first date of a European tour. But actually Fleetwood Mac are a group who are permanently frazzled by the intensity and complexity of their relationships, particularly that of teenage sweethearts Nicks and Buckingham, who still seem to be working out their separation and reconciliation onstage in the longest and most public group therapy session ever. Nicks introduces a new song, Without You, by telling us that "before fame and all the creepiness creeped in there was a really sweet boy and a really sweet girl" but then almost undermines the sentiment by briefly bickering with Buckingham about who said what when. "I always agree with you!" insists Buckingham. "No you don't!" snorts Nicks.

The crowd love it, of course. When Nicks and Buckingham sing into the same microphone or walk out for encores hand in hand, it is the musical equivalent of seeing divorced parents back together. Their legendary album Rumours and long career of conflict and reconciliation have provided a narrative to parallel relationships in listeners' lives, only with better melodies, virtuoso playing and even a startlingly impressive drum solo.

The audience delight in the continuing saga of Fleetwood Mac is manifest. What is even more striking is the band's delight. Indeed, if there is a new development on their first tour in three years it is that they seem to be falling in love again. "There are still chapters left in the Fleetwood Mac book," enthuses Buckingham. This one is going to run and run.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

I had forgotten how much I have missed the without you intros !!! looking forward to many more of them! And I am sure they won't get any shorter
Old 09-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default These videos were originally posted by Deeshere

Never Going Back Again by Cavalier Knight

Gypsy by Cavalier Knight

The Chain by Cavalier Knight

Old 09-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Chain by paulheffo1977

Gold Dust Woman by bossaddict

Rhiannon by John Keaveney

Old 09-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara by bossaddict

Tusk by bossaddict

Sad Angel by kaypee24

Old 09-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Say Goodbye by Claire Rensonnet

final bows by kaypee24

Don't Stop by John Keaveney

Old 09-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Ledgie

It was AMAZING! Stevie was in great form, and Lindsey was on fire! (I got to play his guitar!)

Here are some pictures from the gig I took, if anyone's interested

I also recorded the audio from the gig, but haven't listened to it yet to see what the quality is like

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=f67f10e018

Http://www.andrew-carson.com
Old 09-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
That's all off the top of my head for now. I was about half way back in the hall and tonight I've got standing tickets. I'm planning on being front row in front of Lindsey so I'll probably have to leave soon for the 2.5 hour bus journey!

EDIT: I should also say that I thoroughly enjoyed the show! It was on a par with the 2009 shows but not as good as Lindsey's GOS tour that I was at.
Thanks for the report. It's exciting that you have another show to look forward to so soon, let's see if they're tighter after throwing off those opening night bugs.

Yes, NTF is short and superb.

Michele
Old 09-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie