The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2003, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Help! I need some classic Mac on vid!

I figure after I bought 6 mac CD's that it was time for some live Mac on film. So I bought The Dance.

Now don't get me wrong, it's a good concert. However, it is only just a good concert. The music was well performed and rehearsed by a bunch of seasoned professionals, while way past their heyday, could still play well. It's not the most exciting thing, but the music is good enough for it to be entertaining.

I know that this is not the Mac of yore. Christine uses way too obvious a selection of songs (the whole thing is pretty predictable though, predictably good, but not much in the way of non-singles or non-Rumours songs) and Stevie just seems too sedate compared to what I've read about her classic performances. Lindsey's voice sounds weathered and Mick doesn't look like the classic bug-eyed Mick I've seen in older footage. John does his job just as well as always, I'd imagine.

But I'm being long winded. I want the Tusk and Mirage concerts! The Rumours tour and Making Of Tusk documentaries would also be really cool to watch. Old hands can pull of a decent show but it's these classic periods of bands that really excite me.

Amazon had the Mirage vid out of stock and I imagine it's staying that way, and I imagine that the Tusk video and documentaries are not commercially available. If anybody could point me out to somewhere I could buy these (besides ebay, where I've lost money 3 times and never intend using again) I'd really appreciate it. Hell, I'd even pay for copies and shipping if that's what you'd want. I would just really like to see this stuff.

Thanks!

Eric
Old 08-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Ledgie

Default Re: Help! I need some classic Mac on vid!

Quote:
Originally posted by EricBliss12345
I want the Tusk and Mirage concerts! The Rumours tour and Making Of Tusk documentaries would also be really cool to watch. Old hands can pull of a decent show but it's these classic periods of bands that really excite me.

Amazon had the Mirage vid out of stock and I imagine it's staying that way, and I imagine that the Tusk video and documentaries are not commercially available. If anybody could point me out to somewhere I could buy these (besides ebay, where I've lost money 3 times and never intend using again) I'd really appreciate it. Hell, I'd even pay for copies and shipping if that's what you'd want. I would just really like to see this stuff.

Thanks!

Eric
I'd love to help you out, but I don't own a second VCR, so I can't make copies. Ebay is always a good source for something like this, and you may even be able to get a copy of the Mirage concert with the original sleeve.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:35 AM
Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Help! I need some classic Mac on vid!

Quote:
Originally posted by ericktul
I'd love to help you out, but I don't own a second VCR, so I can't make copies. Ebay is always a good source for something like this, and you may even be able to get a copy of the Mirage concert with the original sleeve.
I forgot to add that since you've had problems with this before, you may want to check the seller's feedback to help make a logical decision about whether or not to do business with them.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've done that. Curiously, each time that I've filed a complaint on the sellers that I've bought things from, eBay has told me that those people were not members. I've gotten into back-and-forths with them where eBay said there was nothing they could do and couldn't track the seller names, which I found odd. I've only bought stuff from people who've had impeccable ratings, which I think are kind of "set up" anyways.

To be honest, I don't trust such an annonymous exchange of money anyways. It's cool on fan sites and message boards where you interact with those people daily, but as far as eBay, I think it sucks.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricBliss12345
I've done that. Curiously, each time that I've filed a complaint on the sellers that I've bought things from, eBay has told me that those people were not members. I've gotten into back-and-forths with them where eBay said there was nothing they could do and couldn't track the seller names, which I found odd. I've only bought stuff from people who've had impeccable ratings, which I think are kind of "set up" anyways.

To be honest, I don't trust such an annonymous exchange of money anyways. It's cool on fan sites and message boards where you interact with those people daily, but as far as eBay, I think it sucks.
That's too bad. I have had pretty good luck with ebay as far as buying Mac and Stevie stuff.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .