Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation WE'RE GETTING THERE!

Looks good to me Brian.

John
Old 08-09-2003, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Terrific work, Brian!!!

I have to say though, that I still think we need to do something about "Fleetwood Mac #12."
Which, in my opinion should include Christine with some kind of "studio only" notation.
I also think that #12 should *not* include Steve Thoma, as he was never an official member of the band... only a touring one... and listing him could be misleading.

Also, perhaps lineup #13 should go up to February 1998, instead of December 1997, as Christine was still a part of the band for the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame, Brit Awards, and Grammy Awards performances.

Though to be an absolute stickler, Christine's departure wasn't necessarily "official" until the current four played at the going-away party for Bill Clinton, at the White House on January 6th, 2001... thus deciding that they could go on without Christine.

Just suggestions.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 08-09-2003 at 02:02 AM..
Old 08-09-2003, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hmm, while I'm thinking about it... I don't believe I ever submitted that condensed version of Stevie's touring bands that you had requested, Brian.
Sorry about that!

I have to admit that limiting it to six people, per tour, including Stevie, was rather tough... especially since I felt the need to keep Sharon, Lori, Elisecia Wright, Lynn Mabry, and Mindy Stein, because they've also toured with Fleetwood Mac.

Brian and John... if you both wouldn't mind looking it over and letting me know what you think. If you feel that including Sharon & Lori for every tour is over-kill, I can swap them out here and there, for some of the other band members.

Anyway, here's what I had come up with....

Stevie Nicks ~ vocals
Waddy Wachtel ~ guitar
Roy Bittan ~ piano
Benmont Tench ~ keyboards & synthesizer
Sharon Celani ~ backing vocals
Lori Perry ~ backing vocals

Stevie Nicks ~ vocals
Waddy Wachtel ~ guitar
Roy Bittan ~ piano
Benmont Tench ~ keyboards & synthesizer

Stevie Nicks ~ vocals
Waddy Wachtel ~ guitar
Robert Martin ~ keyboards & horns
Elisecia Wright ~ backing vocals

Stevie Nicks ~ vocals
Carlos Rios ~ guitar
Russ Kunkel ~ drums
Peter Michael ~ percussion
Lori Perry-Nicks ~ backing vocals

Stevie Nicks ~ vocals
Les Dudek ~ lead guitar
Mark Andes ~ bass
Scott Crago ~ drums
Lynn Mabry ~ backing vocals

Stevie Nicks ~ vocals
Rick Vito ~ lead guitar
Dan Garfield ~ keyboards
Russ Kunkel ~ drums
Lenny Castro ~ percussion

Stevie Nicks ~ vocals
Frank Simes ~ lead guitar
Brett Tuggle ~ keyboards
Mindy Stein ~ backing vocals

Stevie Nicks ~ vocals
Frank Simes ~ lead guitar
Kevin Stoller ~ keyboards
Daniel de los Reyes ~ percussion

Stevie Nicks ~ vocals
Waddy Wachtel ~ lead guitar
Brett Tuggle ~ keyboards
Sheryl Crow ~ guitar/vocals (***occasional appearances)
Old 08-09-2003, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Well, what you have down there Johnny Stew looks great to me but, and it's JMHO that if we have to stick to "maximum of 6" then I personally think it's more important to have the "core band" members than Sharon & Lori etc. (as I had noticed, particularly on the earlier tours, that drums and/or bass (possibly keys too) were axed in favor of Sharon and Lori and to those not familiar with FM's history may think, if left this way, that Stevie was doing some kind of acoustic type tour (which of course was not the case).

Now, I know, this is where the Sharon & Lori/Bekka factor comes in to play so since I've simply run in to a brick wall on Bekka's stuff, I'd have no problem leaving her out (on the stuff I couldn't get more info on) in which case that would make it "politically easier" to take out Sharon & Lori and replace their vacanct spots with the drums, bass, keys etc. people that were taken out to make room for Sharon/Lori. So how's this idea? Brian, what do you think? I'll go with whatever but there's my 2 cents anyways.

John
Old 08-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Terrific work, Brian!!!

I have to say though, that I still think we need to do something about "Fleetwood Mac #12."
Which, in my opinion should include Christine with some kind of "studio only" notation.
I also think that #12 should *not* include Steve Thoma, as he was never an official member of the band... only a touring one... and listing him could be misleading.

Also, perhaps lineup #13 should go up to February 1998, instead of December 1997, as Christine was still a part of the band for the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame, Brit Awards, and Grammy Awards performances.

Though to be an absolute stickler, Christine's departure wasn't necessarily "official" until the current four played at the going-away party for Bill Clinton, at the White House on January 6th, 2001... thus deciding that they could go on without Christine.

Just suggestions.
If you're looking at the late additions near the end of the page, then yes, Steve Thoma is there, but we've since changed our minds on that one. As a general rule, you can check the big tree for the most up to date info.

Point taken on FM #13, so we can go Mar '97 to Dec '00, right? I bet a lot of money they called her up for the White House gig and she declined.

In terms of the 'core 6', I'd tend to agree that the backup singers are slightly less important than the main musicians. I'd stick with a general rule of Stevie, drums, bass, lead guitar, keyboards, and take your pick on the last, maybe another guitar. And, yes, I did break my own guideline with the Seven Souls, but it would've looked quite odd to have a band by that name with less than seven people in it.

One quick note: Stevie's solo endeavors, as well as everyone else's, and post-Mac stuff, would logistically have to go onto another tree - the Part 2 of this whole project. So I think for now it would be a good idea to hold off on any post or during FM stuff, until the part 1 is done and hopefully done something with. Ahem, Marty?

I checked Bekka's official bio, and really all she did before FM was MF's Zoo, so that certainly makes things easy for her. I'll finish that up today and maybe do a little of Rick.

-Brian