User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
No, no... I meant since Joe. There's no question that Lindsey will always be her true soulmate. But she did seem to get hot and heavy with the likes of Mick, Don Henley, Jimmy Iovine, et al. almost immediately after breaking up with Lindsey. But Joe seems to have scarred her for life; she would never fall so deeply in love again. Sure, she probably bumped uglies with Rupert for a time... but I get the sense that he was more of a fling than a serious, ongoing concern, especially given her fragile emotional/mental state at the time. And the *purported* fling with Lindsey during the Dance tour seemed to be short-lived and was a bit of forbidden fruit that ended disastrously before it had a chance to ripen on the vine. She has been so unlucky in love... and I simply don't buy this excuse that men cannot deal with a strong, famous, wealthy rock star woman. I really honestly believe she has intimacy issues stemming from her traumatizing break-up with Joe.
Tell me more about the Lindsey fling during the Dance Tour !
Old 06-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubird98 View Post
Tell me more about the Lindsey fling during the Dance Tour !
I know nothing, and even if I did, I ain't tellin'. It's just rumors and speculation (corroborated by on-stage behavior).
Old 06-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

About Joe Walsh trying to ignore Stevie, playing down their relationship and her ability/success as a songriter:

From my own experience: Under the influence of drugs you open up to another person in a way you would never ever when sober. When the other person confronts you with what you said, you feel ashamed, because you know that you overshared and want to forget about it, but much worse, your openess created a strong emotional reaction in the other person, so you have to deal with the expectations. What can you do, you have to cut the other person out of your life to not hurt this person again and again when you rebuid your own integrity and try to get.over.the.sh*t.you.talked.when.you.were.drugged. Sigh, I was such a useless a**hole back then.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 06-06-2012 at 03:58 PM..
Old 06-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, whatever 'possibly' happened on The Dance Tour, and I've always loved to believe something did, (so hot if it did lol), he sure moved on fast to get Kristen 'Preggers'
Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How do we know Stevie never fell deeply in love again after Joe?? Maybe she just got a bit more discreet. I mean we barely know anything about the younger man she was dating a few years ago that she said she broke up with because she was older and made more money.

In Ken's book there's reference to the recording engineer she began seeing after her breakup with Lindsey. Stevie has had sooooo mannyyyyy love affairs that we know nothing about; I always find it sort of amusing that people think she's only gone with the handful of guys we know about. To me, THAT would be one of the fascinating things in her autobiography, were she ever really to write it...... all the hundreds of guys who've been in her life. (And I actually do believe it would be that many).
Old 06-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I love it when fans take the time to make it easier for me to hear the important parts.
Especially considering I fell asleep twice last night trying to listen to this interview.
Same here! Thanks for everyone's (continued) time and effort to make sharing new info easy for all. Much appreciated.

Off to listen now..
Old 06-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
How do we know Stevie never fell deeply in love again after Joe?? Maybe she just got a bit more discreet. I mean we barely know anything about the younger man she was dating a few years ago that she said she broke up with because she was older and made more money.

In Ken's book there's reference to the recording engineer she began seeing after her breakup with Lindsey. Stevie has had sooooo mannyyyyy love affairs that we know nothing about; I always find it sort of amusing that people think she's only gone with the handful of guys we know about. To me, THAT would be one of the fascinating things in her autobiography, were she ever really to write it...... all the hundreds of guys who've been in her life. (And I actually do believe it would be that many).
Oh, I'm sure she's had pretty of paramours, but if they had a deep and lasting impact on her, wouldn't she write more about them in her songs? Maybe she does and she just doesn't admit the songs are about who they really are about, so as to be discreet. But really, based on what she says, there are only a handful of songs like Secret Love Destiny and Blue Denim (she has given different interpretations for Denim, one says it's about Lindsey and one says it's about another guy) that seem to be about anyone other than the men we do know of, like Joe, Lindsey, Mick, Les and Rupert and that guy she dated when she was a kid, Steve. I don't know . . .

Michele
Old 06-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
No, no... I meant since Joe. There's no question that Lindsey will always be her true soulmate. But she did seem to get hot and heavy with the likes of Mick, Don Henley, Jimmy Iovine, et al. almost immediately after breaking up with Lindsey. But Joe seems to have scarred her for life; she would never fall so deeply in love again.
Yes, she's never talked about deep love after him.

This reminds me of POTU and how she says she never lived with anyone after Lindsey. These lines are crossed and you don't go there again, don't get that close.

It's kind of funny, because we don't know anything about John. He's been married for decades and has a daughter he dotes on, but I always feel that he never felt that way again after Chris. When Ken wrote that John was talking to Christine and said in front of his then-girlfriend that the girl didn't mean anything to him, I found myself wondering if what he's built with Julie ever compared either.

Michele
Old 06-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, she's never talked about deep love after him.

This reminds me of POTU and how she says she never lived with anyone after Lindsey. These lines are crossed and you don't go there again, don't get that close.

It's kind of funny, because we don't know anything about John. He's been married for decades and has a daughter he dotes on, but I always feel that he never felt that way again after Chris. When Ken wrote that John was talking to Christine and said in front of his then-girlfriend that the girl didn't mean anything to him, I found myself wondering if what he's built with Julie ever compared either.

Michele

Hi, can you explain what Ken said in his book, John was talking to Christine and then who didn't mean anything to him? Sorry I haven't read it yet. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLight77 View Post
Hi, can you explain what Ken said in his book, John was talking to Christine and then who didn't mean anything to him? Sorry I haven't read it yet. Thanks.
John had a girlfriend after he broke up with Chris. I don't know what her name was. Let's say Sally. So, in the studio he went over to Christine and complained because he was jealous of Christine dating other men while he was around and Christine said he no right to be jealous, since he was going to steady with Sally. Sally was in the room at the time and John blurted out to Christine, "But Sally means nothing to me." So, of course, that didn't sit well with Sally, who made a quick exit. John had to patch things up with her later, according to Ken.

Michele
Old 06-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Joe Walsh is scheduled to be on Good Morning America today.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, I'm sure she's had pretty of paramours, but if they had a deep and lasting impact on her, wouldn't she write more about them in her songs? Maybe she does and she just doesn't admit the songs are about who they really are about, so as to be discreet. But really, based on what she says, there are only a handful of songs like Secret Love Destiny and Blue Denim (she has given different interpretations for Denim, one says it's about Lindsey and one says it's about another guy) that seem to be about anyone other than the men we do know of, like Joe, Lindsey, Mick, Les and Rupert and that guy she dated when she was a kid, Steve. I don't know . . .

Michele

Sleeping Angel was about Paul Fishkin, and they were together for a year or so. ("If you're a nice guy, you get a nice song")....and who knows what else might be about him. (He was prominent in her BTM and said he'd always love her). I think while a lot of songs are about, or at least inspired by, Lindsey, it also serves the purpose of intriguing the fans to let people think ALL songs are about him. Stevie is definitely the savviest of the Mac in creating and perpetuating a certain image and storyline. Doesn't mean it's all fake, just often exaggerated for effect or certain details left out etc. I suspect a lot of her material from Wild Heart through Street Angel are about a lot of other men. Just my opinion.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 06-07-2012 at 12:09 PM..
Old 06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I think she writes about the human condition and emotions in general, but in the same song uses different details from different men, eras, or circumstances in her life to make the general point. In my opinion, this is why/how sometimes the songs are "hybrids" (using Lindsey's word here).
Old 06-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Sleeping Angel was about Paul Fishkin, and they were together for a year or so. ("If you're a nice guy, you get a nice song")....and who knows what else might be about him. (He was prominent in her BTM and said he'd always love her). I think while a lot of songs are about, or at least inspired by, Lindsey, it also serves the purpose of intriguing the fans to let people think ALL songs are about him. Stevie is definitely the savviest of the Mac in creating and perpetuating a certain image and storyline. Doesn't mean it's all fake, just often exaggerated for effect or certain details left out etc. I suspect a lot of her material from Wild Heart through Street Angel are about a lot of other men. Just my opinion.
It's amusing to me when Stevie is adamant in saying, "well, that song is not about Lindsey." The inference being, the bulk of them are, but not that rare one.

I remember Sheryl talking about If You Ever Did Believe and she said, "1978? Then it must be about Mick." It kind of annoyed me for Sheryl to say that. Of course, we engage in such speculations all of the time, but then suddeny it seemed intrusive for Crow, one of Stevie's close friends, to do it, in my little head.

Michele
Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Joe talking about how RnR is dying and the digital is ruining it. Didn't Stevie say she broke up with him because she wanted to go to a Halloween party and he was busy with his computers and wouldn't go? And he'd showed her earlier how the computer can replace instruments and such and she thought that he could replace her as well.