The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rent is due and the messed up my check! Fml!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
JTIS....

That i'm really nervous for my moms...she ismost likely having surgery done October 1st
I hope it all works out boo!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok........he's given me a pet name. I'm proceeding with caution.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
Ok........he's given me a pet name. I'm proceeding with caution.
please do share
Old 09-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
please do share
"Boostink". I am not happy about this. It sounds like something u call a child cuz u have to change its diaper!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post

There's no doubt that Carrie was a volatile member of the ledge. She wasn't overly kind & she was ofetn brutally honest, but she never went out of her way to personally attack anyone either. She will call people out if she thinks they are mistaken & I don't understand what is wrong with that. Yes, I am a personal friend of hers so I am biased, but really. I have seen (and experienced) much worse offenses here that were ignored or let off with a slap on the wrist. Correcting someone else's grammar was the straw the broke the camel's back & got her perma-bant? For having "had enough" of someone? Good god. Lighten up, people.
If this was the Huffington Post, I would flame and fan this. The beauty of message boards like this is that people have opinions and express them. And more often than not, people with the most interesting opinions about one thing tend to have opinions about everything- welcomed or not. And I would much rather read a board full of opinions (even if they border on the rude) rather than a board full of people who are too paranoid to post anything remotely insightful or funny for fear of offending the prickly minority (in the numbers sense, not the racial sense, just so I am making myself perfectly clear here ). The result is that the board becomes more and more about data- chart positions, concert tickets, articles, etc., than the opinions and personalities of the individual contributors that make a board interesting. Should there be codes of conduct? Absolutely. There is an abyss of difference between a person being offensive for the sake of being offensive vs. a person who deservedly calls people out on their hypocrisy or inability to think/behave/write rationally. It's rather sad that these days I have to wade through 100 "where are you sitting?" posts for every one remotely insightful or funny post about something interesting.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talked to ButterCookie on fb. She's breathing people.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
If this was the Huffington Post, I would flame and fan this. The beauty of message boards like this is that people have opinions and express them. And more often than not, people with the most interesting opinions about one thing tend to have opinions about everything- welcomed or not. And I would much rather read a board full of opinions (even if they border on the rude) rather than a board full of people who are too paranoid to post anything remotely insightful or funny for fear of offending the prickly minority (in the numbers sense, not the racial sense, just so I am making myself perfectly clear here ). The result is that the board becomes more and more about data- chart positions, concert tickets, articles, etc., than the opinions and personalities of the individual contributors that make a board interesting. Should there be codes of conduct? Absolutely. There is an abyss of difference between a person being offensive for the sake of being offensive vs. a person who deservedly calls people out on their hypocrisy or inability to think/behave/write rationally. It's rather sad that these days I have to wade through 100 "where are you sitting?" posts for every one remotely insightful or funny post about something interesting.
Beautifully said.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

"oh say, can you see,
everyone is dumb but me
im never, ever wrong
and that's all you'll ever be"
Old 09-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with most of your points. And while nobody wants a tediously stale message board. I do however take exception to a board member allegedly making repeated grammar corrections towards another member, no matter how well intentioned or flippant it may have been intended. That response/retort is downright obnoxious & belittling (bordering on bullying). After all, this is a fan message/opinion board, not a writing blog or remedial english/grammar course.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks. And well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I agree with most of your points. And while nobody wants a tediously stale message board. I do however take exception to a board member allegedly making repeated grammar corrections towards another member, no matter how well intentioned or flippant it may have been intended. That response/retort is downright obnoxious & belittling (bordering on bullying). After all, this is a fan message/opinion board, not a writing blog or remedial english/grammar course.
I know what you mean, and it's happened in the past where people felt the critic was being demeaning. In this particular case, it was more of a debate on who was correct. Allegedly.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well their needs to bee something done about this. Its not right.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it mean to tell someone, "you look like you can read when wear glasses"? Oh well.....
Old 09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Please don't assume I only have 1 side. Thanks.
Your comment was and is one-sided by definition, I didn't say that you were. Duly note that, please.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
Is it mean to tell someone, "you look like you can read when wear glasses"? Oh well.....
Possibly, though I suppose it depends on tone and how close you are to the person. It could be seen as a gentle "teasing", or full on bullying lol. Either way, I laughed