Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation The Don Henley interview is up

If you want to hear it, go to:

http://www.wmgk.com/music/audio_room.shtml

If this link doesn't work, maybe someone can fix it or you can just paste the URL in your browser. How do you take the comments?
Old 05-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

interesting.........thanks for sharing

Chris
Old 05-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Crap! Can't listen, I'm at work. Worth checking out later when I get home? Anyone?
Old 05-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it is interesting...

it's the interview where he says

"as you know Stevie and I have been friends for 25 to 30 years now, and we just thought it would be fun..as you know Her group has permanently thrown in the towel, I think, so she's official a solo artist now, and uh The Eagles arent doing anything right now, and I just thought it would be fun to tour with her.."

Chris
Old 05-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
I think it is interesting...

it's the interview where he says

"as you know Stevie and I have been friends for 25 to 30 years now, and we just thought it would be fun..as you know Her group has permanently thrown in the towel, I think, so she's official a solo artist now, and uh The Eagles arent doing anything right now, and I just thought it would be fun to tour with her.."

Chris

So the SYW tour was Fleetwood Macs last tour? If so I am a very sad ledgie right now!

As much as I love her solo work, I love FM
Old 05-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
So the SYW tour was Fleetwood Macs last tour? If so I am a very sad ledgie right now!

As much as I love her solo work, I love FM

Well according to Don anyway..Mick said otherwise at the RNR Hall of Fame in March so...him actually being IN THE BAND, and not Don, I would put more faith into what Mick is saying

Chris
Old 05-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, we all know Mick is SOOOO honest.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
Yeah, we all know Mick is SOOOO honest.

Yeah well I wouldnt go that far..lol..but I do think he knows more about what's going on in FWM than Don Henley
Old 05-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well-

It wouldn't be the first time Stevie might have discussed something with Don in confidence and had it aired out in the media. If you check the Peter Green board, it looks like "Fleetwood Mac" might be going through some change in personal, at least for a little while. Not the first time. The plus: it leaves Stevie "free" to do some solo work, it leaves Lindsey "free" to do some solo work, and maybe Buckingham Nicks time to do something if they have any interest in doing that. But wouldn't it be nice to hear something from the actual party involved. Still, any news about what is happening is interesting.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I will temper my comments

(somewhat) but saying that I like Don Henley as a performer very much.
I saw his solo tour. I saw the Eagles a month ago. I will see Stevie and Don on tour this summer.

HOWEVER, as a person, I think he can be very self-serving (as opposed to being a true and loyal friend who knows when to keep his yap shut) and he also seems to be somewhat of a fishwife and rumour-monger.

IF, IF, IF Fleetwood Mac would be finished, it's not up to Don Henley to even hint at such a thing until an official announcement was made. It doesn't matter that he doesn't give a rat's ass for FM--but, he allegedly cared for Stevie at one time, and he should shut up and let the woman speak for herself, if she so desires. She had free time after the last FM tour. End of story. But, no--he has to be the one to stir up trouble.

I'm not even entertaining the thought until I hear it from the members of FM themselves. Besides, right after Stevie tours, I'm saving up for FM2006!

I want to believe...therefore, it will happen;-)
Old 05-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After hearing the interview, he said that he "thinks" Fleetwood Mac has thrown in the towel. I personally don't buy it. Mick and Stevie have both indicated that there would be more from Fleetwood Mac, and Lindsey said during the last show that they would be back. Unless John's had some change of heart, which I would seriously doubt, my money is that the Mac will be back.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
If you want to hear it, go to:

http://www.wmgk.com/music/audio_room.shtml

If this link doesn't work, maybe someone can fix it or you can just paste the URL in your browser. How do you take the comments?
That comment about "Stevie's band threw in the towel" is interesting, Dontcha think?

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
After hearing the interview, he said that he "thinks" Fleetwood Mac has thrown in the towel. I personally don't buy it. Mick and Stevie have both indicated that there would be more from Fleetwood Mac, and Lindsey said during the last show that they would be back. Unless John's had some change of heart, which I would seriously doubt, my money is that the Mac will be back.
I know Stevie and Mick said they were just on a break, but when did Lindsey say they would be back? His speech went something like "but the point is, here we are!" I'm getting really sad thinking that might have been it for FM Wishful thinking aside, how does everyone really feel? Did they throw in the towel or will they be back for at least one more tour? Maybe two?
Old 05-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here's the mp3 interview - right click and save as.

Don Interview
Old 05-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i don't think much of Don Henley's comments. Fleetwood Mac as far as I'm concerned, have always "thrown in the towel" unless they are recording or touring. so yes, as of now, Fleetwood Mac isn't a band. if they decide to make another record or go out on the road again, then they are a band. it's really silly to read so much into Henley's comment. it was an interview - a conversation. why aren't we celebrating how cool it is that he and Stevie have gotten it together enough to organize a tour?

not sure about the rest of you, but in terms of fleetwood mac, i'm looking for something new and fresh - even if that means a series of new solo projects. i have no interest in another re-hashing of old hits in big arenas. just my opinion. until then, the more interesting side projects, the better. Do we really need another "Say You Will"? One was good for me.