The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   price drops already! (and only presales) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57871)

HomerMcvie 05-10-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227490)
To be fair to Christine in 1997 (21 years ago), she had already retired from touring at the end of 1990, and her songs on”Time” made it clear she was leaving the band. Her presence on that tour was somewhat of a miracle, and I always thought it was her going out on top after a less than stellar decade. But, you could tell she was ready to be done.

As for Stevie…That’s not a point I want to argue. I’ve said many times since Mick’s Playboy interview that Stevie should be shown the door. And, I especially felt that when they called the album something other than Fleetwood Mac. She’s the money. Her people call the shots, and everyone plays along and gets their bag of money. Including Lindsey until recently. Fair? No. Just reality. One that makes me sick.

Good lort, you finally say something that I agree with!:sorry:

jwd 05-11-2018 07:51 PM

If I can get in for $50 bucks and it's within driving distance I'll go.......

elle 05-11-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1227559)
If I can get in for $50 bucks and it's within driving distance I'll go.......

i would need to be paid - thousands. and then i still wouldn't be able to listen to that. i'd need to go out to the bar, instead. just like i have to turn the channel when i listen to the FM SXM and Stevie or Mick come on. when Mick says they never broke the chain? he's either stupid, senile or both.

jwd 05-11-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1227562)
i would need to be paid - thousands. and then i still wouldn't be able to listen to that. i'd need to go out to the bar, instead. just like i have to turn the channel when i listen to the FM SXM and Stevie or Mick come on. when Mick says they never broke the chain? he's either stupid, senile or both.

I think the chances of either of us going are slim, given our stipulations. But it's not the end of the world. There's so much more out there!!!! :]:]:]:]:]:]:]

jwd 05-17-2018 06:21 PM

Is it sold out yet? Does everyone have their tickets?!

Storms123 05-17-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1228235)

Plenty of resale seats left at MSG---eek if those don't resell....AWKWARD. Ticket brokers MUST be kicking themselves right now

dreamsunwind 05-17-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1228235)

Both of the LA shows still have PLENTY of seats.

jwd 05-17-2018 08:05 PM

I hope this tour flops! **** the cash cow!

Storms123 05-17-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1228266)
I hope this tour flops! **** the cash cow!

I don't know if it will flop, but I don't see it being nearly as successful as OWTS--for the mere fact you don't have all 5 of them. I said it on another post, it's curious we haven't heard anything about ex-US dates yet. Promoters must be watching this closely. Also--and I may be wrong here--does Stevie have solo obligations towards the latter part of 2019? That will severely hamstring anything outside the US (although--maybe that's their out clause should "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac" be an epic failure in the states) "We will resume the rest of this tour once Stevie finishes her solo obligations"...and in italics "And we crawl over hot flaming sharp coals to Lindsey Buckingham's house and beg him to save our a$$e$ once again"

jwd 05-17-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1228271)
I don't know if it will flop, but I don't see it being nearly as successful as OWTS--for the mere fact you don't have all 5 of them. I said it on another post, it's curious we haven't heard anything about ex-US dates yet. Promoters must be watching this closely. Also--and I may be wrong here--does Stevie have solo obligations towards the latter part of 2019? That will severely hamstring anything outside the US (although--maybe that's their out clause should "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac" be an epic failure in the states) "We will resume the rest of this tour once Stevie finishes her solo obligations"...and in italics "And we crawl over hot flaming sharp coals to Lindsey Buckingham's house and beg him to save our a$$e$ once again"

He'd be a fool to say yes. LET IT BURN!

The Catdancer 05-17-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

In which case I hope he says:"Sorry (not sorry) but no. I'm busy. Bye now".

dreamsunwind 05-17-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

I agree. I'm sure that by the time the shows roll around they'll have sold enough tickets (probably aided by further lowering those ridiculous prices) but I don't think it'll have the same success as OWTS or even the recent tours prior to that. They really have gotten a LOT of backlash over what's happened. Random celebrities have spoken out about it. That, combined with ridiculously priced seats, is definitely going to impact the progress of sales.

Storms123 05-17-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1228273)
He'd be a fool to say yes. LET IT BURN!

LET IT BURN is right!!!

Storms123 05-17-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1228279)
I agree. I'm sure that by the time the shows roll around they'll have sold enough tickets (probably aided by further lowering those ridiculous prices) but I don't think it'll have the same success as OWTS or even the recent tours prior to that. They really have gotten a LOT of backlash over what's happened. Random celebrities have spoken out about it. That, combined with ridiculously priced seats, is definitely going to impact the progress of sales.

This little Stunt has proven just how far removed this lot is from their fan base. Yes--there will be people there who want to hear Dreams, Gypsy, and Landslide....and they will get that, and these are the same people that are going to hear "Don't Dream It's Over", "Hypnotized", "Oh Well"..... and the same bunch will be running for beers and the bathroom. #whatcoloristheskyinyourworldMickandStevie"

jwd 05-17-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1228290)
This little Stunt has proven just how far removed this lot is from their fan base. Yes--there will be people there who want to hear Dreams, Gypsy, and Landslide....and they will get that, and these are the same people that are going to hear "Don't Dream It's Over", "Hypnotized", "Oh Well"..... and the same bunch will be running for beers and the bathroom. #whatcoloristheskyinyourworldMickandStevie"

CLASSIC! :xoxo:

Storms123 05-17-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1228292)
CLASSIC! :xoxo:

Thanks! LOL

jmn3 05-18-2018 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1228290)

I cracked up when Stevie mentioned “a raucous Rattlesnake Shake.” Does she really think that in 2018 at a Fleetwood Mac arena show that’s going to be nothing but a bathroom/beer break for 75% of the audience who like you said, are expecting the S/C/L “Rumours era” greatest hits set? By all means, do a 7-8 minute version of RS, Hypnotized, or some other chestnut from the archives and see what happens. Sad but true, there are reasons for the stale setlists by oldies groups. And please dear God, nobody mention Springsteen. Different audience with far different expectations by a fan base who have been treated to 3-4 hour mixed up set lists for over 40 years.

IMO only Oh Well ends up really being doable long term.

Feather Blade 05-18-2018 12:56 PM

I don't have my tickets yet. The shows in my area won't be until Feb or March I think, and I don't want to tie up the money so far in advance. I'll wait until closer to the shows. Also, by then perhaps they will announce a second leg with a tour stop closer to me that won't involve travel/hotel etc. We'll see...

Storms123 06-05-2018 09:11 PM

I am bumping this one up because I really don't know where to put it. In other threads, the "success" of the ticket sales has been discussed regarding some of the larger cities like LA and NY. With some of these shows not happening until 2019, it's understandable why they may not be doing as well as you would think. The one venue I've been curious about is San Jose---where it all started for S&L, and where Lindsey has been known to get very emotional. There's a beautiful clip on Youtube of Stevie comforting him (similar to what he has done for her in Phoenix) Well--I took gander an San Jose--which is in November this year...there are thousands of tix still available and they don't look resale to me. That's an interesting marker for me

Neal 06-06-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1230217)
I am bumping this one up because I really don't know where to put it. In other threads, the "success" of the ticket sales has been discussed regarding some of the larger cities like LA and NY. With some of these shows not happening until 2019, it's understandable why they may not be doing as well as you would think. The one venue I've been curious about is San Jose---where it all started for S&L, and where Lindsey has been known to get very emotional. There's a beautiful clip on Youtube of Stevie comforting him (similar to what he has done for her in Phoenix) Well--I took gander an San Jose--which is in November this year...there are thousands of tix still available and they don't look resale to me. That's an interesting marker for me

Standard prices dropped about $60 between presale and general sale, so I snagged San Jose tix during the first week.

I haven't been checking back though, because I don't wanna be pissed off if I see that they dropped again! :cool:

SteveMacD 06-06-2018 10:54 AM

Didn’t they have to drop prices for MusiCares?

jeets2000 06-07-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1230242)
Didn’t they have to drop prices for MusiCares?

If they did, I never saw it. I considered going and was watching tickets like a hawk the up until about noon the day of (the absolute latest I could have caught a train to New York), and I never saw prices drop. If memory serves, there were some in the $350 range the day before. Those all disappeared the day of the show, and only the $500-ish range tickets would show up. I called the venue to ask what gives, and they claimed the only tickets they could sell me were the $500ish ones. So, something happened with those seats, but it wasn't a price drop that I saw.

I of course regret not going now that I know that was likely the last show for the only version of the band I would bother paying to see at this point. I justified not going because it was predominantly going to be other acts performing their songs, but hindsight being 20/20, I should have just gone for it.

FM77 06-07-2018 05:44 PM

For that kind of money you would have been better off going to the Classic East last summer at Citi Field. At any rate, I don't think they will ever assemble again as the Rumours line-up. :(

UnwindedDreams 06-08-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeets2000 (Post 1230295)
If they did, I never saw it. I considered going and was watching tickets like a hawk the up until about noon the day of (the absolute latest I could have caught a train to New York), and I never saw prices drop. If memory serves, there were some in the $350 range the day before. Those all disappeared the day of the show, and only the $500-ish range tickets would show up. I called the venue to ask what gives, and they claimed the only tickets they could sell me were the $500ish ones. So, something happened with those seats, but it wasn't a price drop that I saw.

I of course regret not going now that I know that was likely the last show for the only version of the band I would bother paying to see at this point. I justified not going because it was predominantly going to be other acts performing their songs, but hindsight being 20/20, I should have just gone for it.

I was at MusiCares in the upper level. It was"t a must-see concert. Tusk by FM was really good. GYOW was not the best I've seen or heard it. The only tribute songs that were memorable for me were Big Love.
I was not thrilled by Jares Leto's NGBA. When John Legend was announced as a performer for the event, I thought he would perfect NGBA through piano. I think his voice is angelic. He cancelled his appearance. He did do a great job at Elton's tributea few nights later.