The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Spice Girls Not Doing Live 8 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=19650)

DeadliestPoison 05-31-2005 01:49 PM

Spice Girls Not Doing Live 8

----------

GirlNamedGoo 05-31-2005 02:03 PM

Spice Girls...

All may not be lost according to Bob...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/story.htm...17563576448961

Stellar line-up unveiled for Live 8

Madonna, Robbie Williams and Sir Paul McCartney head the stellar line-up for Live 8 - the biggest music event since Live Aid 20 years ago.

Bob Geldof has masterminded five free concerts to take place simultaneously in London, Paris, Berlin, Rome and Philadelphia on July 2.

The shows aim to raise awareness of Third World poverty on the eve of the G8 summit in Scotland.

They will be held at Hyde Park in London, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, the Circus Maximus in Rome and the Museum of Art in Philadelphia.

Hundreds of thousands of music fans will attend with billions more worldwide watching on TV.

The line-up for the British concert takes in the biggest names in music.

Robbie, Madonna and Sir Paul will be joined by Coldplay, Sir Elton John, Keane, Joss Stone and REM, to name just a few.

The other concerts will see performances by Stevie Wonder in Philadelphia, Brian Wilson in Berlin, Duran Duran in Rome and Jamiroquai in Paris.

Other stars will be announced over the coming weeks - with the Spice Girls still rumoured to be staging a reunion.

"I spoke to them this morning and it's looking very good," Geldof said. "There's a lot of stuff they have got to sort through. They are trying to resolve differences of many years."

Hope this happens!

hayley 05-31-2005 02:18 PM

Yeah, because Will Smith doing "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" and "Miami" in Philly totally speaks to the spirit of Live Aid.

That **** is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Bananas.

ontheEdgeof17 05-31-2005 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertain...94&p=y446947xx

Spice girls axed from Live 8

31/05/2005 - 07:22:23 The Spice Girls have been axed from this summer's star-studded Live 8 charity concert - because the event's organisers fear the band's music undermines the show's serious political message about world poverty.

&(*$#%@#BULLZ#$^%*&@#!@$#$^

GardenStateGirlie 05-31-2005 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayley
Yeah, because Will Smith doing "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" and "Miami" in Philly totally speaks to the spirit of Live Aid.

That **** is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Bananas.

Word. Not to mention, wasn't Geri Halliwell an ambassador (a job I recall she took quite seriously) or did I make that up? Lame.

SuzeQuze 05-31-2005 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Word. Not to mention, wasn't Geri Halliwell an ambassador (a job I recall she took quite seriously) or did I make that up? Lame.

Word2. This is the most rediculous thing. :distress: I hope they get to do it and then moon the BBC or something. :laugh:

nickslover2071 06-01-2005 12:57 AM

Girl Power!!! :d

Gypsy-Rhiannon 06-01-2005 03:36 AM

Are the Spice Girls well loved in the US then? Most Brits I know would be more than happy if they never reformed!

Pip

tynan88 06-01-2005 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Are the Spice Girls well loved in the US then? Most Brits I know would be more than happy if they never reformed!

Pip

Most Aussies too :lol: :wavey:

WizNicks 06-01-2005 07:02 AM

Wow! It is rumored that there will also be a Genesis & Pink Floyd reunion! Both would be great, but I don't think that there will be a Pink Floyd reunion! Maybe a Genesis reunion, they did it a few times in the last couple of years!

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=88856

SuzeQuze 06-01-2005 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon

Pip

Not really, but they're fun! They were huge with young girls. and Curtis

dissention 06-01-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost
Bob Geldof still sounded hopeful they would get back together from what I read in the paper today.

Ohhhhhhhh, Sharon. Heathers. <3 My favorite movie.

dissention 06-01-2005 11:12 AM

Quote:

Really? I was totally obsessed with Heathers when I was younger. :nod:
I remember even starting a diary because of it!

Oh cripes, I'm still obsessed with it. That has been my favorite movie ever since I saw it when I was ten. :laugh: My mother was HORRIFIED that I had seen it, too. Best movie ever. Did you get the special edition boxed set that came out a couple of years ago? It had a fake yearbook, the DVD with new extras, a ruler, a reprint of the original poster, and came in this little tin box. :laugh: I don't care what anyone says, Winona Ryder kicks ass and always has.

Quote:

I thought I'd change to Veronica in tribute to Winona's latest rock star boyfriend. I just admire her determination to date a musician. It's inspiring.

:laugh: Didn't they break up? I read some gossip column that said he broke up with her because she wore him out in the bedroom. He was supposedly lamenting over it at some party. Or maybe it's another dude.

strandinthewind 06-01-2005 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
I don't care what anyone says, Winona Ryder kicks ass and always has.

I LOVE her as well!!!!!!!!!!!

Janet 06-01-2005 11:55 AM

There is alot to be said about the Spice Girls.

But how messed up is it to say they aren't good enough for Live8?! Maddona is? She goes on a personal religious journey, not to help anyone else yet she is valid enough to perform for Live 8?

The **** is bananas!!!!