The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Is anyone looking for a house to buy? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16967)

TwistedGypsy 11-20-2004 01:25 AM

Is anyone looking for a house to buy?

http://www.belairvilla.com/
http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=114&frm=byzip&lid=Enter+MLS+ID&pgnum=12&ss_aywr=&st=&mls=xmls&mnbed=0&js=on&mnsqft=0&fid=so&vtsort=&poe=realtor&mnprice=0&areaid=90077&zp=90077&ct=&mxprice=99999999&typ=1&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&mnbath=0&sid=03C60AC4CA64C&snumxlid=1040795438&lnksrc=00002

If your interested this house is only 21 million!
I wonder what this means? :thumbsup: :nod:
Brit

GardenStateGirlie 11-20-2004 01:28 AM

Naughty, Brit! It means they have to sell their brand new house, build a new one on another property. You know they wanted to put in an 8th bathroom but ran out of room :rolleyes: ;)

wondergirl9847 11-20-2004 01:31 AM

Interesting....

Well, well...what COULD this mean? It's such a beautiful home too. :( I love the staircase. Seems like yesterday when that article came out about the house. :shocked:

GardenStateGirlie 11-20-2004 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Well, well...what COULD this mean? It's such a beautiful home too. :( I love the staircase. Seems like yesterday when that article came out about the house. :shocked:

Frankly, I'm perplexed as to why you'd sell the house you've been working on for a few years that you call your "greatest accomplishment." Strange.

amber 11-20-2004 01:37 AM

OH, NO. let the speculation begin.

tuigirl 11-20-2004 02:00 AM

OK..so what do you do with 7 bathrooms for goodness sake? Have a shower in a diff room every night???? That would drive me batty...... :eek:

Also, does this mean, any thoughts of a solo album coming out of the new studio are doomed? So many questions!!!!

Johnny Stew 11-20-2004 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
OH, NO. let the speculation begin.

Lindsey and Tom Cruise are running off to Massachusetts together. ;) :p

amber 11-20-2004 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew

:lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh:
Sweeeeet.

WelshWitchPMD 11-20-2004 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Frankly, I'm perplexed as to why you'd sell the house you've been working on for a few years that you call your "greatest accomplishment." Strange.

It does seem a bit odd don't you think. :confused:

WelshWitchPMD 11-20-2004 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew

:laugh: Well, I hope that they go to Seekonk or South Attleboro so they will be right over the Rhode Island border. :D

WelshWitchPMD 11-20-2004 03:09 AM

Quote:

OOH OOH I know! It just came to me. :laugh: He must be buying/renting a 2 bedroom apartment in West Pacoima, LA, CA :D

Kelly 11-20-2004 07:04 AM

LOL...Patty I thought the same thing. He must be moving to the two bedroom apartment!!

Sad..its really beautiful.

Kelly 11-20-2004 07:06 AM

Here is another head scratcher, at least for me, the listing is September 11, 2004. Right in the middle of the last three shows......huh.

Gypsy-Rhiannon 11-20-2004 07:27 AM

Hmmm.... trouble in paridise! I say we all club together and buy it! hehe

WelshWitchPMD 11-20-2004 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly
Here is another head scratcher, at least for me, the listing is September 11, 2004. Right in the middle of the last three shows......huh.

Hmm where is the listing date on that page? I can't seem to find it. You know what is funny I took this photo of LB in my sig on Sept 12, 2004. :laugh:

Kelly 11-20-2004 09:07 AM

Umm sorry Patty. I have some other pages with the listing..it has his address listed so I did not post those links..don't want to list his addy on the boards. I can send you the link through email or PM if you want. The house was listed for sale on September 11, 2004 and I was thinking that about your photo just this morning. I cannot get over how beautiful the view is from this home..the only thing is, you would not even know any kids even lived here... Not a toy or swingset in sight. Beautiful grounds nonetheless.

WelshWitchPMD 11-20-2004 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly
Umm sorry Patty. I have some other pages with the listing..it has his address listed so I did not post those links..don't want to list his addy on the boards. I can send you the link through email or PM if you want. The house was listed for sale on September 11, 2004 and I was thinking that about your photo just this morning. I cannot get over how beautiful the view is from this home..the only thing is, you would not even know any kids even lived here... Not a toy or swingset in sight. Beautiful grounds nonetheless.

Ok Kelly, PM me. Thanks.

I guess that the cleaning people do a great job clearing the toys out of the way. LOL

I hope that he finds a place for the recording studio equipment. He needs to get cracking on that next solo LP. :nod:

GardenStateGirlie 11-20-2004 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
OOH OOH I know! It just came to me. :laugh: He must be buying/renting a 2 bedroom apartment in West Pacoima, LA, CA :D

:lol: I thought the same thing

dissention 11-20-2004 12:19 PM

Rich people are so vulgar. :rolleyes:

shackin'up 11-20-2004 02:17 PM

strange.....

This IS mindboggling news. What the heck is going on? Friggin' Nicks on the loose? Or: You love your studio more than me? Or IS it Tom Cruise.... :rolleyes:

wondergirl9847 11-20-2004 02:31 PM

Dammit!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up
This IS mindboggling news. What the heck is going on? Friggin' Nicks on the loose? Or: You love your studio more than me? Or IS it Tom Cruise.... :rolleyes:

If Tom Cruise keeps Lindsey from that solo album, HEADS WILL ROLL!!!! :mad:

madformac 11-20-2004 05:15 PM

Ideas..

I have a couple of guesses some silly, others not so silly about why it's up for sale....

1) Maybe Lindsey prefers living in the Four Seasons hotel... He spent so long living there maybe he just can't adjust to a house! :shrug:

2) Maybe the whole house was rebuilt and decorated to be sold at a profit, although if he actually owns the land too it seems kinda cheap :shocked:

3) Do you think he's actually sick of living in LA and wants to move away? Does he want to get away to start over in another city or even state thats safer with better social influences for his kids to grow up? :nod:

4) Has W's re-election made his mind up to get out of the USA to protect his family? He's seen a few countries this past 18 months maybe he's seen somewhere he prefers?.... :shrug: We have heard hints about his political feelings in his music

5) Stevie has a few spare rooms in Arizona and he's decided to take up her offer to move the family in! :eek: :eek: :shocked:

6) He's earned sooooooooooooooooo much money on this tour, 5 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms are just frankly not enough!?!? :eek: :shrug:

:wavey:

ThePenguin 11-20-2004 05:17 PM

Wow, that house is gorgeous, but honestly it's not very cozy, can't imagine raising 3 kids there. They must not have photographed the rubber room in the basement where they keep the young uns' so they can't break any of those expensive valuables. :confused:

Great view though. 21 mill, my goodness.

-Lis

Barbara 11-20-2004 06:12 PM

It is gorgeous, but I too wondered where the kids' stuff is? One of the things I noticed in the kitchen was no high chair. Maybe Lindsey and Kristen found the location of the house was not kid-friendly, especially when they get involved in activities that require car pooling. Maybe there were too many fans driving by all the time and they worried about the kids' security . . . :shrug:

Barbara

WelshWitchPMD 11-20-2004 06:25 PM

OK I am really enjoying looking at the slide show of the property photos. It
really is nice and I have Law and Order playing on the PC and it is making for a very interesting soundtrack.

Just thought that I would share. :)

amber 11-20-2004 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
OK I am really enjoying looking at the slide show of the property photos. It
really is nice and I have Law and Order playing on the PC and it is making for a very interesting soundtrack.

Just thought that I would share. :)

cool. I'll share now. those links don't work for me, they all say unavailable. :mad:

EnchantedSLN 11-20-2004 08:38 PM

Maybe there's another baby on the way and they need some more bedrooms ;). It's a gorgeous home. The Town and Country article really didn't do it justice. As far as it not being cozy... it looks alright to me. Too neat, yes, but it's expected that they would put all the kid's stuff away before photographing for a style magazine or a real estate listing. I doubt most of the houses in design articles or on Cribs really look like that all the time.

tuigirl 11-21-2004 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madformac
I have a couple of guesses some silly, others not so silly about why it's up for sale....
3) Do you think he's actually sick of living in LA and wants to move away? Does he want to get away to start over in another city or even state thats safer with better social influences for his kids to grow up? :nod:

:wavey:

I was thinking something similar, maybe it's back to Kristens home state (is it Wisconsin?)..you know farm house/chickens/horses, whatever..how cool would that be...or..what about, he needs the money to build Buckingham Record label Ltd to finance his solo work and up coming artists.. :cool:

glitter_fades 11-21-2004 04:58 AM

Quote:

:lol: I thought the same thing

Marissa,

I didn't want to post over there because I didn't want to start any new drama. I've gota tell you, I loved your post about this topic at the BN board. Even if I don't agree with every point, it was very well thought out speculation. Very entertaining too! You know how to spin a good yarn. :thumbsup:

Who the hell knows what the rich and famous really want out of life?
Are they really like rest of us? I wonder...

It sure is a shame he's letting such a fabulous property go. I can think of somebody who likes to live fabulously especially while suffering.
If you have to suffer why not be fabulous while you're doing it? Sound familiar?

Mari 11-21-2004 08:10 AM

maybe the purpose of the article was to increase the value for selling purposes?
and maybe he's leaving the country because of dubya.. lol, thought the same thing

Serrart 11-21-2004 09:35 AM

It doesn't make any sense to me. I can't really see him wasting two years of his life creating such a house, with a studio where he said he wanted to work on his solo and the next FM album only to sell it.

Tom Cruise... definitely Tom Cruise. :nod: ;)

Romy

dissention 11-21-2004 11:19 AM

I can't wait to see how people are going to pounce on this as somehow being about trouble in the Buckingham's marriage. Everything is eventual and no one's been making any ridiculous claims about the "love triangle" that is supposedly made up of Lindsey, Kristin, and Stevie for quite awhile. :rolleyes: :laugh:

I can just imagine the thoughts going through the heads of the folks who just know that Lindsey and Queen Fairy Farts are having a torrid love affair and are going to get back together.

DeadliestPoison 11-21-2004 01:12 PM

All the marriage drama or lack thereof aside, can we start critiquing the house?

Because JESUS. TV in the bathtub? Lime green lamps with THE HEADBOARD? A painted-on-the-wall bookcase? A photograph on ONE SIDE of another bookcase, but not the other (composition, plz?)?

Someone get an interior designer in there. Jesus.

dissention 11-21-2004 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
All the marriage drama or lack thereof aside, can we start critiquing the house?

Because JESUS. TV in the bathtub? Lime green lamps with THE HEADBOARD? A painted-on-the-wall bookcase? A photograph on ONE SIDE of another bookcase, but not the other (composition, plz?)?

Someone get an interior designer in there. Jesus.

Their biggest faux pas is having table lamps on the kitchen counters. The thought of that alone makes me physically ill. I quite like the headboard, but I don't like anything else in the bedroom. IMO, the whole house looks too "new rich," as in someone from a working class background hit the lottery, then bought and dressed up a house according to what they thought was in style without any of it having the slightest bit of warmth or history. Very dry and bland. I question the sanity of anyone who says that house is their "dream home." :laugh:

Don't even get me started on the whole Spanish theme, it's such old hat and if the Buckinghams were going to go for that look, they should infused it with something fresh.

Merf 11-21-2004 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
I can't wait to see how people are going to pounce on this as somehow being about trouble in the Buckingham's marriage. Everything is eventual and no one's been making any ridiculous claims about the "love triangle" that is supposedly made up of Lindsey, Kristin, and Stevie for quite awhile. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Dissention, even YOU could admit that it's not that big of a jump to consider that as a serious possibility. Or have you just not been paying attention since, oh, 1997? What is your hypothesis on this situation anyway? I'd love to know why Kristen & Lindsey have decided to sell "their greatest achievement" only 2 years since it was completed. If you have the whole truth, believe me, I'm listening. I'd LOVE to hear it. :nod:

dissention 11-21-2004 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merf
Dissention, even YOU could admit that it's not that big of a jump to consider that as a serious possibility. Or have you just not been paying attention since, oh, 1997? What is your hypothesis on this situation anyway? I'd love to know why Kristen & Lindsey have decided to sell "their greatest achievement" only 2 years since it was completed. If you have the whole truth, believe me, I'm listening. I'd LOVE to hear it. :nod:

You hit the nail on the head, Meredith. I wouldn't hypothesize as to why they're selling their house because I don't have one shred of evidence that would aid me in coming up with one. ;) For all I know, the whole thing was an investment opportunity. We all know that Lindsey is good with his money.

I've been paying attention perfectly well since '97 and there is nothing to suggest any of the wild things that so many people like to post and believe. People see what they want to see. You could give me a million examples of things that have occurred onstage, but not one of those things has any credibility to it. Stevie and Lindsey are entertainers and the drama is what made them so famous and is what continues to propel a lot of their success today. They play it up for the crowds and are totally conscious of what they're doing.

I also do not analyze interviews and try to find deep, hidden meanings when it comes to their comments like a lot of people do. I don't listen to their songs and automatically believe that the songs are about each other. And, quite frankly, there is nothing to suggest that anything is wrong with the Buckingham marriage or that Lindsey secretly pines over Stevie. It simply isn't realistic and if I wanted to, I could come up with lots of "evidence" that suggests that Lindsey has a thing for that background singer Jana. People see what they want to see. I have no problem with it, espeically if it helps in making someone enjoy the music even more. But let us not publicly insinuate things that we have no clue over because it isn't fair to either one of them. I know lots of people like to vilify Kristin online, but I don't and find it rather brazen and ignorant. Many seem to think that they can tell what's going on in her relationship with Lindsey or how she's feeling just by studying the look on her face at a concert. I don't think so and find that whole notion utterly laughable.

Obviously, this isn't necessarily directed at you, darling. But can't you see my point? I can point at all the "evidence" and other such nonsense if I wanted to, but it doesn't make the whole thing seem any more palatable or believable. None of us even knows them personally, let alone know them well enough to make such grand statements about what we believe to be occurring in their private lives.

PS: Your quite the match for David's snarkiness today.

Gypsy-Rhiannon 11-21-2004 02:02 PM

I do think it's utterly plausable that they are possibly splitting. Who knows! But it doesn't mean that Stevie has to be involved in any of it. I see rejoicing elsewhere at the impending end to the Buckinghams marriage and the hope that he will be ending up in the arms of Stevie. The romantic in me would love to see this but also remember that 3 young children are very involved in anything that 'might' be occuring

stefan 11-21-2004 02:03 PM

Lindsey can marry a blue tomato- I don`t care for 5 cents.
The only trouble I see here is the new album being postponed for the next 4 years or so. What have we been doing wrong?

dissention 11-21-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefan
Lindsey can marry a blue tomato- I don`t care for 5 cents.
The only trouble I see here is the new album being postponed for the next 4 years or so. What have we been doing wrong?

Finally, a voice of reason. :lol: He could marry a mule named Sue and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

dissention 11-21-2004 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I do think it's utterly plausable that they are possibly splitting. Who knows! But it doesn't mean that Stevie has to be involved in any of it. I see rejoicing elsewhere at the impending end to the Buckinghams marriage and the hope that he will be ending up in the arms of Stevie. The romantic in me would love to see this but also remember that 3 young children are very involved in anything that 'might' be occuring

Of course it's plausible that they're splitting, just as it's plausible that Stevie is a lesbian and that John really put the John Kerry sticker on his own case. But whenever this whole "love triangle" business comes up, I don't hear anything plausible; I hear romantic fantasies that are even more flighty than anything Stevie could write or sing. Sometimes I wonder if the woman who has made her living by actually living in a dream world is more grounded in reality than her fans. I don't think she studies other celebrities and their facial expressions, only to jump onto a chat board and proclaim how such and such loves what's-his-name and how intense and passionate their unspoken love is. :laugh: No offense to anyone, but call a spade a spade. And the spade I currently see is telling me that none of us know a goddamned thing.